1Leefeef.png

Platinum

Obtain all trophies

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Platinum :platinum: #68:

Personal Difficulty: 7/10

Rating: 9/10

Time to Platinum: 196 hours

I got all three of these at the same time so I will post them all as the last trophy I got!

Wow, I mean, what's to even say about this game... It took me almost 200 hours across 4 years to finally grind this out after having 250 hours on the 3DS version and 180 on Steam. This game means so much to me and I used to play it almost every single day in high school and college. After the newest DLC got announced for console (Repentance) then I finally got the motivation to start playing again after having almost 500 hours in the game already across other consoles. This game is so fun and fresh with all of the content that has been added over the years. This game also feels very fair and nine times out of ten when you take damage it's your own fault. Playing as the secret characters was also a blast as well as very challenging!

There are some differences between the trophy conditions for the base game and the game with DLC such as the "Challenges" trophy only needing you to beat the base 20 challenges for the trophy whereas if you have the DLC you need to beat ALL of the challenges that you have even though the description says only 20... This means that since I had both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+, then I had to complete all 35 challenges which includes the dreaded "Ultra Hard" challenge...

If anyone is planning to go for the plat in this game, I say it's totally worth it! It might be better to wait for the final DLC to come out so you can earn progression towards the DLC as well as the base game but just know that if you want to get the platinum, you'll have to complete a lot more challenges...

I might go for 100% DLC completion which just requires me to get the few missing items I don't have yet but I think I will take a break from this game until the Repentance DLC comes out for console and focus on other games and my #70 platinum milestone (hopefully Godzilla!)

Thanks for your time if you read all of this and have a great day :D

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

L0b925e.png

20Lb95433.png

A Mystery, Solved
Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.

:bronze:  4.77% Ultra Rare

22L9d778c.png

Red Mist
Complete all Rampages.

:bronze:  14.87% Rare

Been doing side stuff before hitting the main missions.

Used the helicopter in Flight School Training to get the last letter. ?

Oh, Bravo!!!  You have got to be James.

Speed Tiger 
20L4ad2fc.png

The first Tiger trophy I've ever gotten.  lol

• Like 4

45L8899ff.png

The Depths of Despair
Completed the Prologue.

17Lfd5abf.png

Born to the Battlefield
Won 100 battles.

Well... so much for this game being easier than the first game. ?

Died 3 times to one particular enemy already and the first monster quest boss was a pain in the ass and the guide I'm using was no help at all because it didn't have a strategy for it. WTF?! ?

*sighs*

Back to struggling and just persevering and continuing to try until I win... I guess... ?

I seriously need a break from this franchise after this... (luckily I'm getting one) ?

• Like 2

L268adf.png

18L19b7f4.png

Soul-Consuming Sword

Acquired Complete Soul Edge in Weapon Master

On 26/09/2021 at 7:37 PM, FrostyMcNugs said:

57La8a58d.png

Platinum God

Collect all items and unlock all secrets and endings 

59L8d19f3.png

Real Platinum God

100% the game

1Leefeef.png

Platinum

Obtain all trophies

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Platinum :platinum: #68:

Personal Difficulty: 7/10

Rating: 9/10

Time to Platinum: 196 hours

I got all three of these at the same time so I will post them all as the last trophy I got!

Wow, I mean, what's to even say about this game... It took me almost 200 hours across 4 years to finally grind this out after having 250 hours on the 3DS version and 180 on Steam. This game means so much to me and I used to play it almost every single day in high school and college. After the newest DLC got announced for console (Repentance) then I finally got the motivation to start playing again after having almost 500 hours in the game already across other consoles. This game is so fun and fresh with all of the content that has been added over the years. This game also feels very fair and nine times out of ten when you take damage it's your own fault. Playing as the secret characters was also a blast as well as very challenging!

There are some differences between the trophy conditions for the base game and the game with DLC such as the "Challenges" trophy only needing you to beat the base 20 challenges for the trophy whereas if you have the DLC you need to beat ALL of the challenges that you have even though the description says only 20... This means that since I had both Afterbirth and Afterbirth+, then I had to complete all 35 challenges which includes the dreaded "Ultra Hard" challenge...

If anyone is planning to go for the plat in this game, I say it's totally worth it! It might be better to wait for the final DLC to come out so you can earn progression towards the DLC as well as the base game but just know that if you want to get the platinum, you'll have to complete a lot more challenges...

I might go for 100% DLC completion which just requires me to get the few missing items I don't have yet but I think I will take a break from this game until the Repentance DLC comes out for console and focus on other games and my #70 platinum milestone (hopefully Godzilla!)

Thanks for your time if you read all of this and have a great day :D

Huge congrats, Binding of Isaac Platinum is something to be proud!