post your best and worst race to play with

yiazmat50112254

as probably many of you know, there are 10 different races you can choose in the start of the game you can play with.

the meaning of this topic is you can post what is in your opinion the best and/or the worst race because they all have different things what make them unique.

if possible then also post why you think it is the best/worst character.

if you chose one race to play with but think another is better then choose the one you think is best.

i think the best is an orc: this is because he has an amazing daily skill, it halves all your damage and doubles all of your opponents damage for a whole minute.

in my opinion it is the best skill by far of all the races. the only downside to this character is that it don't have an racial effect but the ability makes it more then worth it

i think the worst is an khajiit: it's daily ability is night eye what let you see better in the dark, it can help you of course but so does all of the abilities, but if you think about it, without it you can play the game just as good as with it so it almost don't add anything, and if you really want to see better you can use a torch what maybe is even better. the only good thing about it is you can use it more then just 1 time a day, but it is still a quite worthless ability.

it's unique effect is +15 unarmed damage. but why would you play unarmed when there are also weapons in the game what improves a lot better then this ability. because of this this ability sounds useless to me too. this means actually it's ability and effect are both worthless and that means the race is just weak.

in short: post your best and/or worst race and if you can, explain it.

good luck.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

Eh, they all end up being the same anyway. 90% of the "special" skills (like immunity to poison or better magic regeneration) are quickly made useless with armor and weapon enchantments. The only real difference is the look of the characters.

But I guess Imperial or Argonian had the most useless skills for a new player. Breathing underwater means nothing, when there is maybe 1 secret chest worth diving for anyway (and waterboarding potion can help you get it). Imperials find more money in loot. Oh wow how amazing, except that you'll have way too much money within the first hour. I ended up having to wait multiple days just to sell all my useless stuff, and I was set with money for the rest of the playthrough.

I think orcs are the only race with a skill that can't be outdone with armor enchantment late game. So, they were the best.

• Like 1

My favourite character to use in Skyrim is the High Elf. The benefits are too good to pass up on. You start with 50 extra Magicka which essentially means to an extent  that you start the game 5 levels higher than the other 9. The Daily ability allows your Magicka to recharge extremely fast for 60 seconds. I found this to be an excellent way to boost my magic abilities not as commonly used such as Illusion and Alteration. And as a High Elf, you have a slightly easier time during the Thalmor Embassy mission.

My least favourite character would probably be the Nords. I don't think Frost Damage Reduction is all that useful considering most magic wielding enemies use fire magic. The Daily ability isn't that great either. I also think in terms of decent abilities, Khajiit kinda got screwed over, but they can see in the dark and they'll win you all of the betting brawls around the lands with the multiplied melee  damage perk.

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2015 at 0:18 PM, yiazmat50112254 said:

as probably many of you know, there are 10 different races you can choose in the start of the game you can play with.

the meaning of this topic is you can post what is in your opinion the best and/or the worst race because they all have different things what make them unique.

if possible then also post why you think it is the best/worst character.

if you chose one race to play with but think another is better then choose the one you think is best.

i think the best is an orc: this is because he has an amazing daily skill, it halves all your damage and doubles all of your opponents damage for a whole minute.

in my opinion it is the best skill by far of all the races. the only downside to this character is that it don't have an racial effect but the ability makes it more then worth it

i think the worst is an khajiit: it's daily ability is night eye what let you see better in the dark, it can help you of course but so does all of the abilities, but if you think about it, without it you can play the game just as good as with it so it almost don't add anything, and if you really want to see better you can use a torch what maybe is even better. the only good thing about it is you can use it more then just 1 time a day, but it is still a quite worthless ability.

it's unique effect is +15 unarmed damage. but why would you play unarmed when there are also weapons in the game what improves a lot better then this ability. because of this this ability sounds useless to me too. this means actually it's ability and effect are both worthless and that means the race is just weak.

in short: post your best and/or worst race and if you can, explain it.

good luck.

aren't Khajit also supposedly faster than all the races? 

I disagree with OP with Khajit being the worst class, at least their power is useful, see in the dark(w/o losing a blocking or extra dps hand or healing hand that torch does) and its an all around awesome class, the worst class(es) imo are the elves, they look ugly and the powers can be put in enchantments later on, who needs magicka regen/more magicka when u have 0 cost in any school from enchanting, wood elves is just useless and dark elves is the same as fire cloak that u can get later on and does more damage and use it more often