Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

On 1/13/2021 at 2:02 AM, x7251 said:

I failed NYMHC 2 times, both on chapter 10 ironically. First time I missed a painkiller, I went back to get it, and a cut scene showed up of an enemy finding Giovanna and killing her. The Second time i died at the shootout with the sniper battle by one of the enemies near a bus in last stand mode. He was hiding behind a bus. On my third attempt, I finally beat it.

How the hell do you beat this in 2 attempts? Furthermore, how did you not encounter any glitches? I can't imagine not failing 10000 times due to bugs and stupid luck-based QTEs.

Edited by LethalShark20

Nothing hurts the soul like anything then when you think the stars have align just right in for your NYMHC run and you get hit with the Chapter 13 LMG glitch. Sat there staring at the frozen screen for 30 minutes before I muster up the strength to power off my ps3. RIP 

Edited by EDJ3DG
  • Like 2

On 28.1.2021 at 4:53 AM, EDJ3DG said:

Nothing hurts the soul like anything then when you think the stars have align just right in for your NYMHC run and you get hit with the Chapter 13 LMG glitch. Sat there staring at the frozen screen for 30 minutes before I muster up the strength to power off my ps3. RIP 

Once I learned that I can literally disconnect my LAN cable/Wi-Fi and playing on offline mode, all the problems were solved. I skipped everything, even chapter 7 that is buggy as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Fail number I've lost count: Chapter 8: No ammo to kill the sniper. I wasted a minute in the previous section trying to find ammo but I didn't pick up enough. The bullet sponge heads took a few SMG bullets each. I used all my shotgun ammo (yes, I never use shotguns but you have no choice when ammo is scarse). Enemies hid behind the railings so took me more bullets. I wasn't as efficient with my bullets since I was a bit out of practice.

FAILED.

A few weeks ago the chapter 13 office glitched on me for the 7th time (I do everything and more to avoid the glitch, you don't need to tell me).

• Like 2

Well! Just gave it my first go immediately after beating normal NYM. Got hit with the invisible weapons glitch after you run from the first sniper encounter on chapter 3. Gonna give it another shot today and see how well that goes.

Oh, I instantly murdered Passos by shooting him in the neck while fighting my way out of chapter 4's last alleyways.

Edited by Parvult
  • Like 1

Alright, so after finally beating New York Minute I started attempting NYM HC, so we go:

#1 - Chapter 4 - After exploding 2 cars in the alley there were a couple of guys left. Couldn't see them, panicked, quickly shot Passos so he won't see my embarrassment xD

#2 - Chapter 6 - Second run of the day. Really messed up in the beginning of the chapter. Because of that I ended up going into the next section without painkillers and promptly died on an easy section. My conclusion is that I really need to stop rushing, it's not NYM where I can repeat the chapter until I get it right and time is king. It's just the muscle memory from doing NYM twice before starting HC getting the best of me, and I am without thinking doing really risky things.

#Bonus 1,2 - Chapter 3 - No even gonna upload those, don't really count them as legit attempts. It was 1 am, I was tired and a bit frustrated after failing twice in one day (this two attempts made my count 4 times) and was rushing a lot, so I played really sloppy (even more than usual). Just died in the first and second stadium encounter. Oh well, better luck next time (hopefully).

Edited by iliya0212
Adding my fails in one post so I don't spam too much :)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

Oh so we did the same thing huh? xD

I am appalled to have found a soul I can relate my failures to.

Sad to say I ended up getting the winning run after executing Passos, though.   

Can't recommend Revolver+SMG dual wield enough. Also finding out that the airport boss fight has a pattern saved me a lot of trouble.

• Like 1

So, here we go again:

#3 - Chapter 13 - after exiting locker rooms, got caught in last man standing with a grenade launcher.

On the more positive note did manage to get there and it was pretty solid run overall. Had a couple of close calls, but feel that I am actually getting better at this :)

#4 - Chapter 4 - Didn't shoot the all guys in time while jumping from the water tank. Never ever done this before on any of my playthroughs, didn't even realize that was a fail condition. That was honestly embarrassing. Also that was pretty bad run overall, I made a lot of mistakes, my aim was all over the place, so might as well fail there I guess and not in a later chapter :/

#5 - Chapter 3 - Really no reason at all, just got killed because of sloppy shooting.

#6 - Chapter 4 - Ok, seriously don't know what the hell is wrong with me, had a series of very bad attempts. Apparently missed a guy in a kitchen (?) and he shot Passos when I tried to leave. So yeah, it's not going well for me today, 3 attempts that never made it past chapter 4. Maybe I should take a break for a couple of hours because I am really not having a good time at this point..

#7 - Chapter 8 - Really hoped I won't add my 4th edit in the same day, but here we are.. In church didn't kill one of the enemies in time and he killed Passos. Another example of something I never messed up before on any of my playthroughs. Damn you Passos, why can't you shoot when it actually matters??? xD

#8 - Chapter 4 again - Now that one was really some bs.. was shooting the first cars in bullet time when mf Passos phased into me and because I was shooting he died. I am honestly kinda upset at this point. Got to chapter 13 on my 3rd attempt and after that I just keep failing early on, can't even get close to that.

Edited by iliya0212
  • Like 4

i would try the mode if my ps3 would not freeze up when it decides to do it reminds me of me effing myself over when doing deadpsace 2 hardcore i messed up and had to an easy section

Edited by lucky0ne16

6 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

So, here we go again:

#3 - Chapter 13 - after exiting locker rooms, got caught in last man standing with a grenade launcher.

On the more positive note did manage to get there and it was pretty solid run overall. Had a couple of close calls, but feel that I am actually getting better at this :)

Oof, nice gameplay though. 

Should be easy for you to finish with a bit of luck ;)

• Like 1

Nice videos Iliya.

A bit too much spray & pray for my preference though.
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. I just used bullet time for a microsecond each time. One shot, one kill headshots, instead of just shooting 4-5 bullets around their heads.

It pays off, but you can of course also complete the playtrough the other more riskier way.

And damn, you got balls using explosive weapons inside :D
Just play it safe mate. You're almost at the finish line. No need to take risks at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

Oof, nice gameplay though. 

Should be easy for you to finish with a bit of luck ;)

Thank you, I really hope so. This is by far the hardest and most nerve wracking trophy I ever attempted.

1 hour ago, janzor88 said:

Nice videos Iliya.

A bit too much spray & pray for my preference though.
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. I just used bullet time for a microsecond each time. One shot, one kill headshots, instead of just shooting 4-5 bullets around their heads.

It pays off, but you can of course also complete the playtrough the other more riskier way.

And damn, you got balls using explosive weapons inside :D
Just play it safe mate. You're almost at the finish line. No need to take risks at that point.

Thank you! And I do a lot of spray and pray because my aim is honestly not that great. As for explosives, well, I guess lesson learned. Did this chapter 3 times in a row before doing the run, first try success each time, always did it that way and never died before. I guess I'll have to adjust :)

Edited by iliya0212
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

So, here we go again:

Had the same Last Man Standing with Grenade Launcher happen to me as well but in the Graveyard chapter. Really impressive you made it to chp 13 on your 3rd attempt, don't give up, you got this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EDJ3DG said:

Had the same Last Man Standing with Grenade Launcher happen to me as well but in the Graveyard chapter. Really impressive you made it to chp 13 on your 3rd attempt, don't give up, you got this. 

Thank you, I am honestly having a lot of fun with it, so not going to give up any time soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried for it about a month ago. I'm just to slow and can't seem to build up enough time in the early stages. I tried rolling close to do an execution, but I always end up losing too much health.

After looking at the above videos, I think I was over doing the rolling. I may try again.

Has anyone got a good guide to the amount of time that would be advisable to have after each stage?

Edited by IantoEvs
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IantoEvs said:

I tried for it about a month ago. I'm just to slow and can't seem to build up enough time in the early stages. I tried rolling close to do an execution, but I always end up losing too much health.

After looking at the above videos, I think I was over doing the rolling. I may try again.

Has anyone got a good guide to the amount of time that would be advisable to have after each stage?

I honestly would not recommend using melee after chapter 2, too high risk, not worth it in my opinion. I had to restart a lot of runs because of silly mistakes while going for melee kills in chapters 1&2, didn't include it in my failures list because it was like 5-15 minutes each, so don't consider them as actual attempts.

As for guide, I don't have something concrete, but I would suggest having at least 10 minutes after finishing chapter 10, because you definitely want to take it slow from there. On my successful run I had 15 minutes there and finished with 8 minutes on the clock while taking it slow and steady.

Here are my time stamps as of the end of each chapter and some tips that helped me, but again I did finish with 8 minutes to spare so you could probably take it slower.

Chapter 1: 02:00 - You can try to rush it if you want, go for melee kills and what not, worst case scenario restart, it takes only 3-4 minutes anyway.

Chapter 2: 04:00

Chapter 3: 05:30 - Have a couple tricky sections, lost a couple runs there. When Passos tells you to wait before going to the first sniper you can actually wait and not risk it and the guys will go away. Its safe but you lose around 20 seconds as opposed to killing them.

Chapter 4 Part 1: 08:00 - Try to kill them quickly by blowing up the cars, huge time boost.

Chapter 4 Part 2: 09:00 - Shoot the yellow gas tank in the garage, it kills most of the guys and gives you big time bonus.

Chapter 5 Part 1: 10:00 - There are some tricky parts in the docks, you can go a bit slower there, learn enemy positions and when the boats show up, save bullet time for them!

Chapter 2 Part 2: 10:30 - When you need to shoot the vehicles from the boat try to shoot only the driver. The cars will explode giving you 5 seconds per kill and not 2. Not huge, but still helps.

Chapter 6 Part 1:  11:00 - Be careful in the third room where you get ambushed, very dangerous section, practice it and try to do it as safe as possible.

Chapter 6 Part 2: 10:00 - Actually lost time there, but also go slow, you can die very easily there, always use bullet time there.

Chapter 7: 09:00 -  Lost time there as well, although the section is not that bad in my opinion, just need to know enemy positions and know how to avoid the bugs (glitchy section). Also find a good way to avoid getting hit by Molotov in the end. I found that using bullet time and immediately running to the stairs on the left worked very well for me, never failed there since.

Chapter 8: 10:00 - Use GL to kill a bunch of guys in the next section after picking it up but I would discard it after, too dangerous to get caught in LMS with it. Also, practice the sniper section before, it's not hard but you need muscle memory.

Chapter 9: 10:00 - I find this section to be pretty easy, but would recommend doing the QTE part in the end a couple of times because it is surprisingly easy to mess them up if you press prompts too early or get them wrong. If you miss any of them it's insta-fail.

Chapter 10: 14:30 - The second part in the gas station (I think) was the trickiest for me because they come from both directions and you can't really take cover because they throw grenades. What worked for me is going right, killing the sniper immediately and then rush them with bullet time. In the bus section just be on the lookout for the RPG guy and in the last section be very careful and watch your health. Use blind fire to explode the cars, that will give you huge time bonus and kill a lot of them, but beware when cars are burning its hard to see the enemies behind them, that's why you have to avoid LMS at all costs!

Chapter 11: 15:00 - Start taking it slower from there. The hardest part for me was on the deck where there are guys shooting you from the canal. Take your time, shoot the guys on the canal first before going out, after that go up and back down because 3 more guys will spawn outside, kill them and then go up to kill the rest of them.

Chapter 12: 13:00 - Slow and steady as well! After sniping section go through the yellow door, 4 guys will spawn, kill 3 of them and immediately go back and kill 3 guys in the stairs, other wise you will be shot in the back by 3 guys spawning behind you!

Chapter 13: 10:30 - Slow as well, I used LAW to kill most of the cops in the parking lot, you can check it in my video, hightly recommend doing that, makes this section a lot easier. After that I picked up the GL and used it on the guys as they leave the elevator - highly recommend doing that but be careful with GL I lost 1 run because of it!

Chapter 14: 08:00 - Be as safe as possible, shoot every one from as far away as you can, especially in the terminal room. Practice last boss fight a couple of times!!!

Good luck man! You can make, just don't give up!

Edited by iliya0212
  • Like 1