Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

So i got back yesterday to try again for this terrible trophy ( shadows rushed me, all i need for plat). 

Did countless runs back in the day but never was able to finish it.

Yesterday i tried again, and yeah i'll need lots of practice again. 

First of all: the dead zone for aiming is just so bad. Adjusted my sensitivity now to 3-3-7. 

5-6 runs yesterday and did not get further than chapter 3.

#1: shot the woman in the sniper part.

#2: too late and a enemy shot the women

#3: died

#4: run out of time in chapter 3...

#5: died just after when Passos starts running to pass the sniper and going inside the stadium again.

Going to need to watch some videos again, and doing some NYM first. 

• Like 2

#1 - Killed by not moving quick enough in the burning building Ch6

#2 - Killed by a grenade in the stadium Ch3

#3 - Killed by a grenade in the bus depot Ch10, managed to dodge it, but dived into three enemies with assault rifles, got destroyed through two pills whilst Max was getting up.

I'll likely give it one more go tomorrow otherwise i'm not persisting with it anymore, it's not worth the stress or time, annoying thing is it's not hard, it's the awful gameplay mechanics you have to combat, BS one hit kill/timed events and the tedious time it takes. If there were a singular bonus life or one save you could make i'd probably do it. Sitting there for 2-4 hours a pop is not healthy and game devs should never encourage it unless it's a short game (see Outlast 1).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

#1 - Killed by not moving quick enough in the burning building Ch6

#2 - Killed by a grenade in the stadium Ch3

#3 - Killed by a grenade in the bus depot Ch10, managed to dodge it, but dived into three enemies with assault rifles, got destroyed through two pills whilst Max was getting up.

I'll likely give it one more go tomorrow otherwise i'm not persisting with it anymore, it's not worth the stress or time, annoying thing is it's not hard, it's the awful gameplay mechanics you have to combat, BS one hit kill/timed events and the tedious time it takes. If there were a singular bonus life or one save you could make i'd probably do it. Sitting there for 2-4 hours a pop is not healthy and game devs should never encourage it unless it's a short game (see Outlast 1).

Agree sitting for 2-4 hrs straight is not for me either. This wouldn't be so bad if this was on the ps4 where you can put the game to rest mode and come back later. Instead the only option are to play through it in one shot or leave your ps3 on and pause the game.

• Like 2

I did my first attempt yesterday and died right at the end of chapter 5 because I got ahead of myself and forgot to pick up a couple painkillers. Pretty stupid way to die lol. As long as I learn from the mistake it's all good as I still more than likely will have to try a few more times.

Doing this shortly after regular NYM is definitely helping as I have a pretty good knowledge of what to expect at all times, but still certainly doesn't make it easy when all it takes is one mistake and like Mike Goldberg used to say "IT'S ALL OVER!!"

• Like 1

Attempts 5-15: died, died, no more bullet time during the sniper session, ... 

I have to do NYM again or else this will become very annoying. Can't pass Chapter 3. 

Adjusted some settings again: changed shooting to L1/R1. Didn't even know this was possible! So it's getting better, but still need to get used to the controls again. 

My reticle now turns red when aiming. For some reason it was turned off ( always white), and it's just so much better now.

• Like 1

Yep, i'm done with this BS now. 

Just got to the last level and the boss shot TWO grenades at me after i'd shot the first one out the air, second one one insta killed me, had 8 pills.

A waste of 3.5 hours. Rockstar can **** off. Will never buy one of their games again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluesFanUK said:

Just got to the last level and the boss shot TWO grenades at me after i'd shot the first one out the air, second one one insta killed me, had 8 pills.

A waste of 3.5 hours. Rockstar can **** off. Will never buy one of their games again.

All they make these days is GTA 5 over and over so you won't be missing a damn thing.

8 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Finally got the platinum and 100% for Max Payne 3. Good luck to everyone attempting to get it done before the shutdown. 1f601.png

The online is still possible. It's NYMHC that gives most people troubles. Luckily you can play that mode offline and still get the platinum long after the servers showdown. At least we have that luck. 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, NTGSruler said:

Attempts 5-15: died, died, no more bullet time during the sniper session, ... 

I have to do NYM again or else this will become very annoying. Can't pass Chapter 3. 

Adjusted some settings again: changed shooting to L1/R1. Didn't even know this was possible! So it's getting better, but still need to get used to the controls again. 

My reticle now turns red when aiming. For some reason it was turned off ( always white), and it's just so much better now.

You can do that? That’ll be so much better than using L2/R2 for aiming/shooting.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, BluesFanUK said:

Saw you in Gang Wars earlier. 

On 8/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, LosAngelesPride said:

Finally got the platinum and 100% for Max Payne 3. Good luck to everyone attempting to get it done before the shutdown. 1f601.png

Awesome job dude. Must of been very stressful going for NYMHC.

3 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

on the fourth, and final time i got to chapter 13, it is done, 101:27.05, holy fucking shit

Great job. Must be a huge sigh of relief to get it done.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:39 AM, TehUberCheezCatz said:

i really fucking hope nobody's as stupid as me and just left cover before the apc stopped, the farthest ive ever gotten, literally fucking shoot me

I did this on my 2nd run, it's super tempting to guess when it stops firing. Felt like a complete idiot.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Great job. Must be a huge sigh of relief to get it done.

I had a lot of run ending glitches especially in Chapter 13 in the APC area, I also did some silly mistakes sometimes, but I enjoyed the game overall. I'm glad I challenged myself to get it done before the shutdown. Good luck on your path my friend, text me if you're having trouble in some specific area for your NYMHC runs ?

4 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

I had a lot of run ending glitches especially in Chapter 13 in the APC area, I also did some silly mistakes sometimes, but I enjoyed the game overall. I'm glad I challenged myself to get it done before the shutdown. Good luck on your path my friend, text me if you're having trouble in some specific area for your NYMHC runs 1f918.png

Will do in the near future. But I’ll likely put this game on hold after I reach Rank 50. If what people say is true, I am NOT looking forward to that grind.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Will do in the near future. But I’ll likely put this game on hold after I reach Rank 50. If what people say is true, I am NOT looking forward to that grind.

Hahaha I feel that, I wanted to get the game completely done this summer because I'm having some free time but having to finish it 6 times sure feels overwhelming ?

• Like 1

Finished Old School, Hardcore and A New York Minute over the course of the weekend! I’m ready to tackle NYMHC tonight after work. The jump from hardcore to medium difficulty was insane, NYM felt really easy as a result. Obviously NYMHC will be more of a mental challenge, knowing in the back of your mind one mistake puts you back to the start. Hoping I can get this done on my first attempt ?

• Like 3

Last night i reached the police station but fell to the infamous freezing zone just before the RPD guy comes into the room. Wasn't too annoyed, I've nailed each area down with the exception of Ch6 and Ch14.

Today did it on my first attempt, and it was a lucky one. In Ch8 one of the enemies glitched into the wall and was picking off my health whilst I tried to work out where he was, managed to get him just by the gate with 1 pill left.

Wasted four minutes of time trying not to get completely wrecked, was sure that was a warning sign for me, made it to the end though with 13 mins to spare. Never again!

On 16/08/2021 at 9:58 PM, GraniteSnake said:

Beat NYMHC on my first attempt, let's go! Had almost 20 minutes left on my timer at the end of my run.

I thought my game had glitched out during the last shootout of chapter 10.. the enemy who normally throws the grenade at you dropped it instead, leaving me in bullet time for the entire duration of the battle! It was quite surreal, but thankfully the game didn't bug out completely and gave me the results screen when I finished off the final enemy.

Glad to have this over and done with, just a few grinds remain and then I'll have my 100% 1f642.png

N5164hZl.jpg

Congrats! On my 1st or 2nd attempt i got to Becker and got grenade glitched. Took me several more tries to finally do it. Brutal trophy, more a test of perseverance than anything else.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

Congrats! On my 1st or 2nd attempt i got to Becker and got grenade glitched. Took me several more tries to finally do it. Brutal trophy, more a test of perseverance than anything else.

Good stuff, congratulations. Yup, by the time you attempt NYMHC you’ll know every enemy spawn and where things can go wrong. Of course you can’t account for the glitches that seem to be prevalent in this mode but you’ve got to adapt and hope for the best! 

Edited by GraniteSnake

49 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

The exact same thing happened to me...

I have lost my will to live...

I probably died 8 times on the regular New York Minute run, twice by grenade on the final boss. I'm not looking forward to this lol...

1. This will sound like a joke, or BS based on my user name but...I was pumped I finished the LMG guy and chapter 6 with no issues. I got up to get a beer while next level was loading and when I came back it was waiting for me to shoot the first guy in the strip club. Hahaha...I was a little late to the controller and got destroyed by the group there.

2. Chapter 9...after crossing the little bridge a shotgun guy was in the house on the right. I couldn't shoot him through the wall to revive.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

Attempt #1 - Shot Giovanna on the Helipad on Chapter 2 (Oops)

Attempt #2 - Died on Chapter 13 after the trolley slide part - I didn't realize the guy with the red beam is a sniper and will insta kill you even though I had 4 painkillers at that point and got past the APC and the freeze part

Try again tomorrow