Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

Attempt 2

Ch.4 Part 2 FUCKING PASSOS DUMBASS GOT KILLED AGAIN. He entered the last area, where I took a lot of damage real quick, so I backed out of the gate for cover. The game registered this as me leaving the area then cue cutscene with Passos getting killed AGAIN. I seriously hate this. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Okarin22 said:

Attempt 1: 

Chapter 5

I failed right at the end of the level, i accidentally shot Fabiana during the bullet time. I'm sure i wasn't aiming at her, but apperently i did.

Attempt 2:

Chapter 3

There's a small section where Max and Passos have to run inside a room, while they're being shot at by a sniper. The bastard got me,but i blame Max's weird movements when he gets out of cover. He stumbled for a moment, giving the sniper enough time to shoot him in the head.

Attempt 3:

Chapter 13

I died right after you blow up the light armored tank. One of the UFE guys shot me while being in cover behind a wall. The last stand was useless, i desperately shot every bullet i had 

but there was nothing i could do. That big "You Failed" on screen killed me inside. I was so close.

Keep at it!

I know the frustration lmao. Definitely practice the very last battle in Ch. 14 and know the timings of when the grenades come in (typically when the backup cars arrive) because those one hit kills are just BS. YOU GOT THIS ?

• Like 1

I only attempted this mode once but I died in chapter 3/4 whatever chapter was the stadium level. I was near the end of the level on the walkway before the long ladder, got into last man standing and the guy was behind a pillar in cover and I died. I said no thank you after that 

3 hours ago, Okarin22 said:

Attempt 4:

Chapter 6

I died at the second wave of enemies in the servers room. I got reckless and wanted to rush down the first 9 chapters, but i underestimated the number of enemies in the room. One of them shot me but i didn't see who. All i know is that he immediately ducked behind cover after that, and while in LMS, i killed everyone but him.

Those 9 letters again ( YOU FAILED ).

Attempt 5:

SUCCESS!  1f601.png

I did it in 2 sittings while playing offline.

The tips you gave me saved my life in the last battle. I've finished the story at least ten times, and i have always thought Becker would randomly shoot the granades, but thanks to you, i managed to shoot all of them without getting hit. Thank you 1f64f.png

3 hours and 30 minutes of tension and concentration, but the satisfaction of beating this mode is immense 270c.png

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! ? This is definitely a platinum to be proud of ?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/06/2019 at 2:58 PM, Otonio_Bruno said:

It has been a long while since I last posted here, so it's time to update my attempts.

- 11th attempt (Chapter 3): I've had been very rusty, almost 2 months with no tries between this and the last one, I got up to the part Max go in a elevator and then has to gun down some guys down in the stadium bleachers, doing pretty well with time and painkillers but I forgot to pay attention to the bullet count so one of the soldiers put me down in LSM and died straight away since I had no bullets.

-12th attempt (Chapter 10): Very good run all things considered, managed to get past most troublesome chapters for like chapter 6, part 2 and chapter 8 with no problems at all. At the start of chapter 10, after you get out of the bus graveyard, where there is two gas pumps and a bus. Well, I was taking cover on the left side from where you start and they tossed a grenade at me. I promptly notice and get away from it before it explodes...I was like 10 feet away or more, but still grenade took me down from full health to insta-death. I raged hard on this.

- 13th attempt (Chapter 6): Another good run up to the failure point. By now, I had pretty much muscle memory on chapters 1-4, would only die if I really goofed. Anyway, in chapter 6, part 1, I was in the middle section of the offices, right after that IT dude hides behind in closet. One of the soldiers shoot to me LSM (My fault, didn't want to use painkiller atm) and he was behind some kind of bulletproof glass after he shot me, resulting in me dying again. Learned to take things slows on this chapter.

-14th attempt (Chapter 5): This is the most hilarious one. In the past atttempts, I decided to take a break here and there so I could either relax or take a little nap. No big deal. Did the same on this, after finishing chapter 4, part 2, I paused the game at the start of chapter 5 and went to take a nap. When I woke up, I noticed my ps3 had turned off and I was like 'wtf?'. Turns out, I forgot to change my power-saving settings after my ps3 had to be formatted, a.k.a the console turned itself off after two hours because of the default settings. I laughed because at least I didn't invest much time and learned about it, imagine taking a break like that but on chapter 13 and the console just turning off because you forgot to update settings?

-15th attempt (Chapter 10): Okay, another awesome run, up to chapter 10 with 15 minutes on the clock, things were looking up. After last failure because of grenade in left side, I decided to take another approach and go for right side, near the gas pumps and the bus. All is well as I get close to the bus and BUM, a gas pump exploded right near to me without any warning. Thanks game, I really like you had cheat like, especially on chapter 10. I was starting to hate and dread this chapter.

-16th attempt (Chapter 7):  Second funniest failure. On chapter 7, after you go inside a building, notice some kind of sex party and go up some floors using a chain (While killing some dudes, there's a trophy for this part), I got through the entire building with little problem, except when I was almost getting out I managed to walk through some glitched section of the floor and Max Payne fell down to his oblivion, and after some seconds in this nowhere place he decided to died because life wasn't worth it. Funny stuff.

-17th attempt (Chapter 7): Again, same chapter. I got pissed. This time, no glitch happened, just that molotov guys right at the end decided to burn me like Judas, they probably threw me like 3 molotovs at once, couldn't even heal up fast enough in painkillers (And I had 9 of them). Ouch.

-18th attempt (Chapter 14 - NYMHC Completed!): And for the winning run...I really got an awesome and lucky as hell run. Got so many spots that I was put into LSM and enemy was behind some kind of soft-cover (Couldn't see it, but red dot gave away), chapter 10 almost died twice in row as in, someone put in LSM while another had a grenade thrown at me. I luckily kill the guy in LSM so I get back on my feet but the GRENADE didn't explode. I desperately jump with shootdodge to survive the blast and I do, defying death twice in 2 seconds, had no literal health left after the blast, the game took a pity on me. Chapter 11 another big close call during the boat section where you need to climb an upper deck and some soldiers are waiting for you. I consumed all my painkillers going up there, almost died, had 10% of my health left when I managed to go past that part. Chapter 13 also gave me a lot of close calls, most of time during the part where smoke grenades are thrown and laser soldiers come in. Chapter 14 was actually easy and a relief, made it to end with 7 minutes left.

Here is my end-game screenshots:

RELTtcl.jpg

reFK9SL.jpg

Congrats and thanks for the mention in the last picture :D 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fail 1: died at the second Flashback because i was to cocky and tried to outrun him instead of waiting on passos's covering fire

Fail 2: Same level. I died at the granade launcher guy. I was 100% sure i killee him while shooting his grenade..

Fail 3: Died in the burning office because (yet again) i've became to cocky and tried to run to the last enemy instead of waiting, until he leaves his cover

Fail 4: this was a dumb one. I was at the tiente river. I tried to collect a painkiller in a bot when i've noticed that there's a burning propane tank. Tried to roll away but it was to late...

Fail 5: this was really frustating. I was at the police station in the room where the enemys come out the elevator and throw smoke bombs. I was able to get the first last stand but sadly not the second. I just couldn't find the Enemy in time...

• Like 3

I completed all modes except nymhc 2 months ago, but havent touched this game until last week where I began trying this mode. Bold of me to assume this was going to be "not that hard" only to be killed because I was dumb and didn't practice during this time away from the game.

Fail 1: Reached chapter 4, in the chop shop part, a guy from the door on the right surprized me and put my LMS skills to test, succeeded but only to be killed by a second guy, with no painkillers left to LMS.( I kinda knew an enemy came from that spot, but didnt remember, and the game threw 2 of the at me)

Fail 2: Chapter 3, 2nd bleachers section, after exiting the elevator alone, enemies decided to go COD World at war at me and throw 2 grenades in a time spam of less than 3 seconds, manage to dodge the first one but not the second.

Fail 3: Chapter 14, everything was going flawlessly, well, not that good, I managed to get to the train before Becker, but wasted time at the cemetery because passos glitched out and didn't cover me at all, I waited for 3 minutes there, damaging greatly my run and forced me to rush for the rest of the game, since I was in a hurry, I made mistakes and used way too many PK's, reached the train without them, with barely 1 minute on the clock, wasted time searching for PK's on the train, didnt found them, panicked, timed out.

Fail 4: Chapter 5, that open area with the containers and the forklift, before the actual docks, there's this forklift that has a gas tank on it, I was trying to shoot a guy behind a container and shot the gas tank blowing me up instantly. (Seriously, that thing when I was playing the campaing would not blow up when I wanted even shooting an entire clip at it, seemed random).

Fail 5: Amazing fail... For Becker and Rodrigo, I DID IT, with 10 minutes on the clock. This run started not that good but at chapter 6 I was a beast and pretty much nailed flawlessly every part beyond that, at Becker' fight, I destroyed one jeep, killed the guys already at the hangar, destroyed the police car before it pulled over, shot the grenades mid-air, the last guy left cover in front of me, I noticed this and started shaking, sweating, adrenaline rushed, it was now or never, I had never felt like this since my playstation 1 days, bullet time, shot him, had to reload, when I reloaded Max went back to cover to reload again, NOW IT'S NOT THE TIME FOR THINGS LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN. I feared another grenade from Becker, tried to be calm, still shaking shot him in small burst instead, then the kill cam kicked in, I was nervous but stopped shaking, shot the last becker grenade obliteraring his ass into oblivion. To make sure I did not screw the last part I used bullet time like hell there, and almost got that trophy where you have to destroy everthing on the runway.

Edited by KnAbrAvA
Corrections
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, KnAbrAvA said:

I completed all modes except nymhc 2 months ago, but havent touched this game until last week where I began trying this mode. Bold of me to assume this was going to be "not that hard" only to be killed because I was dumb and didn't practice during this time away from the game.

Fail 1: Reached chapter 4, in the chop shop part, a guy from the door on the right surprized me and put my LMS skills to test, succeeded but only to be killed by a second guy, with no painkillers left to LMS.( I kinda knew an enemy came from that spot, but didnt remember, and the game threw 2 of the at me)

Fail 2: Chapter 3, 2 bleachers section, after exiting the elevator alone, enemies decided to go COD World at war at me and throw 2 grenades in a time spam of less than 3 seconds, manage to dodge the first one but not the second.

Fail 3: Chapter 14, everything was going flawlessly, well, not that good, I managed to get to the train before Becker, but wasted time at the cemetery because passos glitched out and didn't cover me at all, I waited for 3 minutes there, damaging greatly my run and forced me to rush for the rest of the game, since I was in a hurry, I made mistakes and used way too many PK's, reached the train without them, with barely 1 minute on the clock, wasted time searching for PK's on the train, didnt found them, panicked, timed out.

Fail 4: Chapter 5, that open area with the containers an the forklift, before the actual docks, theres this forklift that has a gas tank on it, I was trying to shoot a guy behind a container and shot the gas tank blowing me up instantly. (Seriously, that thing when I was playing the campaing would not blow up even shooting an entire clip at it, seemed random).

Fail 5: Amazing fail... For Becker and Rodrigo, I DID IT, with 10 minutes on the clock. This run started not that good but at chapter 6 I was a beast and pretty much nailed flawlessly every part beyond that, at Becker' fight, I destroyed one jeep, killed the guys already at the hangar, destroyed the police car before it pulled over, shot the grenades mid-air, the last guy left cover in front of me, I noticed this and started shaking, sweating, adrenaline rushed, it was now or never, I had never felt like this since my playstation 1 days, bullet time, shot him, had to reload, when I reloaded Max went back to cover to reload again, NOW IT'S NOT THE TIME FOR THINGS LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN. I feared another grenade from Becker, tried to be calm, still shaking shot him in small burst instead, then the kill cam kicked in, I was nervous but stopped shaking, shot the last becker grenade obliteraring his as into oblivion. To make sure I did not screw the last part I used bullet time like hell there, and almost got that trophy where you have to destroy everthing on the runway.

Congrats and nice twist at the end of the post hehehe ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i started NYMHC 2 days ago and at the moments i only have 3 attempts

Attempt 1 - Ch 6 Pt. 2 Killed by a guy, this part is hard cuz you have your life drained at half and no Pk
Attempt 2 - Ch 13 - Office Freeze....
Attempt 3 - Ch 7 - Before the chain pull scene, the map wasn't loading properly, so after the cutscene and before max had to be pulled up, he instantly dies...
-----
Attempt 4 - Ch 5 - Accidentaly exploded a propane tank close to me
Attempt 5 - Ch 2 - Game Frozed randomly o_o fortunately it was only at ch 2
Attempt 6 - Ch 9 - Missed the rocket and the beginning of the chapter
Attempt 7 - Ch 13 - Killed by the tank because i move of my cover
Attempt 8 - GOT IT !

It really makes me angry lose because the game is broken, i will keep trying 
Finally ! Now i only need to grind 4-1 and the plat is mine

Edited by JoHaNx___
  • Like 1

Just in case if it will help.

I completed the game from the first try?

But on mission 13, were you come to camera office and guys come out from elevator. Game do not start cut scene. I enter the camera office, walk near monitors, press pause, and then unpause game. And it started the cutscene and guys spawn from lift. Maybe this way you can start cut scenes in another chapters.

Good luck everyone, great game, only dead online a huge dissapoint.

PS i played online and do not skeap any cutscenes

Edited by Riv1404
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played while online both attempts, should of read some of these glitches before i started...

Attempt 1. Chapter 7, game wouldn't load any textures. no enemies, no nothing! time slowly ticked and i failed...

Attempt 2. Cleared. HOWEVER, Glitches, in order:

1 - Chapter 5.2 - Gun wouldn't shoot... somehow boat survived till the second section, and was able to shoot again. 

2 - Chapter 5.2 - section three of the boat, game crashed. Dropped controller on the floor, said WTF! then it started moving again..

3. Chapter 7 - Same as attempt 1 (chapter 7 not loading anything). Found out every time i paused the game, max would speak the dialogue he had missed, and when i examined a clue, it seemed to re spawn everything.

4 - Chapter 8 - No sound/nervous for the game to break...

5 - Chapter 9 - something about Brazil, but those textures didn't load again, luckily above method of pausing and looking for the trigger for cut scene worked. 

(Wasted like 6 minutes on both chapter 7/9 just running around...)

6 - Chapter 11 - Positive glitch! Yay, there was only 1 pain killer bottle on the table, but it registered as 4. So i could confidently run about on the boat! 

and that's it.. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attempts: 

#1, 2, 3, 5: Chapter 2. The neon billboard where the girl is running, I either shot her by accident or didn’t have any bullet time left to shoot him fast enough. 

#4, 6. Chapter 3. LSNA, and having a grenade kill me. When it showed the up arrow on my screen, naturally I dived backwards. Then the arrow pointed down. Fuck. It was moving backward as I was moving backward 

#7. Chapter 5. My own mistake. Tried to rush at the docks where the forklifts are just before you enter the section with the walkways. 

#8. Chapter 6. When the office is burning down and it removes your painkillers and knocks you down to half health, two shots you’re dead. One I took when walking round the corner to kill the first two, then when you have three before pushing the bookcase I stayed in cover too long, hands shaking in fear. I didn’t want to burn to death or waste time so I tried to rush the last guy. Dead. 

#9. Chapter 6. I thought I’d shotgun the heavy gunners head 5 times but it still didn’t kill him. LSNA. 

#10. Chapter 5. Grenade arrow pointing all over the place, caught in an enclosure. Dead. 

#11. Chapter 5. Forklift area before the docks. LS mode behind a pillar. Last guy, had to get out of cover since they were hiding. 

#12. Chapter 8. Used one painkiller too many on the starting area, had none by the time I got to the sniper tower part. Died in one shot by a foot soldier. 

#13 chapter 6 part 2. Two shots, start the entire thing all over again. Takes all your painkillers, puts you to 1/3 health. 

#14. Chapter 6 part 1. IT guy killed by a grenade. Strange since this has never happened before. The only reason I can imagine is that I fucked it by not clearing the area fast as I usually do. 

#15: Chapter 8. Shot by sniper while vaulting between cover 

#16: Chapter 6. LS mode, killed the guy, the death cinematic played, but stayed in LS. Glitch death. 

#17. CHAPTER 6 PART 2...AGAIN. 

No damage up until the bookcase area with 3 guys, first two I shot blind fire, the third I got out of cover by yanking back the analogue stick and switching shoulders. Gun didn’t fire, recticule is on him...FUCK FUCK FUCK FCUKKKKKKKKKKKK dead. No dice. 

#18: Chapter 5. Shot a propane tank and I dived away from it but it still killed me anyway. 

#19. Chapter 6 part 1. Grenade thrown st me in the office last minute. Shoot dodged immediately. Couldn’t get far enough. DEAD. 

#20 Chapter 6 part 1. Wait for this one... 

shot it everyone on the office area. 

FAILED. 

No no idea how, why? 

#21. Chapter 8. Flanked the sniper, killed all the soldiers coming out the church. He killed me in cover before I could do anything. Cinematic played from over the roof of the church. 

So so far I don’t have the time in my life to set 4 hours aside to do it. 

Now with the virus holding up work and school/uni, now is the time for some of us to attempt this. 

Edited by MiloFPS

It only took me a handful of attempts to complete this mode but I did have some failures. 

Chapter 5, died 2 separate occasions from trying to blow up the forklift that I apparently got too close to, even though I thought I was far enough away, the game didn’t and just decided to say no you’re dead, black screen! Another time from getting blasted in the back by an AK47 near those shipping containers, enemy was being slick hiding in the corner. 

During the boat Chase in chapter 5 right at the end where your boat launches and bullet time commences I shot one of the enemies and then I get a close up of Fabiana dying and I’m like WTF?? The only explanation is that the bullet went through the enemy and killed her. So I avoided shooting anyone in front of her after that. 

During the office level in the third room where the IT guy hides in the little closet I was right outside it where it spawns you after the cutscene and a grenade was thrown at me. I saw it right away and rolled into new cover. Crisis averted I thought but nope the grenade went off and killed the IT guy. Seeing his rag doll body made me laugh because I couldn’t believe that just happened. 

During the cemetery level I thought I killed the grenade launcher guy right away but I didn’t and he had a field day launching grenades at me. I couldn’t get a good shot because I was panicking and eventually grenades landed my way and boom dead. 

The people that platinumed this in a week or a month are just superhuman and physically superior in a way I will never be. 

One tip. Never get into peek-a-boo. 

This is when you go into cover, wait for them to get out but they never do, only when you move - they more faster and shoot you faster. 

Top tips: 

- Always check your ammo and take painkillers manually. LSNA is the easiest way to fail this mode. 

- Do not EVER use shotguns. Reloading takes too long, cannot carry many bullets. You’re asking for LSNA if you do. I was stupid enough to do it in chapter 6. 

- Learn all painkiller and enemy locations (unless you remember already by playing recently) 

- Bullet time only, shoot dodge only from one secure cover spot to another (e.g. chapter 11, pickup truck and the brick wall) 

How can anyone justify such a massive time sink with nothing to show for it when you die and die and die and die and fail and fail and die and fail and fail and die and die and fail and fail and fail and fail and die and die and fail and fail!

Edited by MiloFPS
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Failures continued. 

They tend to be either:

-Grenades/Bad luck

-Glitches

-Dumb mistakes.

#22 Chapter 6 Part 1. Ran over by the driver. I don’t know what came over me. Nerves? Bad thumb skills? I don’t know why I’m making these dumb mistakes after 22 attempts. 

#23. Chapter 3. Dodged a grenade in the stadium. Get another one by the doorway, nowhere to go. 

DEAD. 

#24. Chapter 3, stadium. 5pks left, died with no last stand. 

Before ore I gave up I died twice in chapter 1 in LS mode behind a pillar in the garage, once from blowing up a car I was far away from and once by being shot by the guys where you have to protect Fabiana.

ultimately this is a psychological battle with yourself. After so many times going back to chapter 1, I could not handle it anymore. The game broke me. 

That’s the end, If you can do it you’re a better man then I. 

Edited by MiloFPS
  • Like 1