Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 10:57 PM, z99f said:

Attempt 3: Failed at chapter 2 - I failed to shoot one of the guys that can kill Fabiana during the end of the helicopter sequence on the rooftop (right before Max gets back on the ground). 

That helicopter section was gatekeeping me hard on most of the runs.

and the uncharted shooting in full cover is a godsend, not close to getting the trophy but close.

Attempt 1: Died on Chapter 4 Part 1, amazingly, given that I’ve farmed it a billion times on the way to multiplayer rank 50. In the last section with all the cars in the alleyway, got pelted in Bullet Time and couldn’t find the guy who shot me within all the smoke from car explosions.

Attempt 2: Glitch. Got an infinite loading screen just before Chapter 6 Part 2. Tried to wait it out for 20 minutes but had to restart the PS3. Sucks, but not unexpected. Had like 20 minutes on the clock at that point, so it was a good run. Oh well.

Attempt 3: Died at the end of Chapter 7. Rolled into a molotov and that was that, even though I had 9 painkillers. Make sure you roll to the right of the cover you start by, after clearing out the initial wave of dudes on the roofs in front of you. 

Attempt 4: Success! Had about 24 minutes on the clock entering Chapter 14, so I just took my time and finished with about 22 mins. Went through a full 5 painkillers in the last fight with Becker, and almost got rocked by a grenade but managed to dive and heal with a sliver of health left. (I had failed this part on regular NYM three times before, so I was panicking.)

After doing 4-5 playthroughs and utilizing a couple YouTube walkthroughs/painkiller location guides, really wasn’t as bad as it seems, though my eyes were definitely red by the end lol. It’s a real endurance test. It’s also amazing how you can play the whole game as a run-and-gunner instead of a cover shooter once you learn the spawns. Now just got to beat Old School and grind about 19 more multiplayer levels and the plat is done. 

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This last week I've been trying to get it again. Can't play too much because of work + baby. Just one attempt per day. Yesterday I played for 5-10 minutes sessions and died at the f*****g final boss.

Yes, that can be frustrating indeed. That happened to me as well. The good thing however is that if you can make it that far, it's only a matter of time before you beat it. Just keep at it and you'll get there eventually. :) 

• Like 1

#1 the game didn't load a script in the favela so the painkillers, guns and enemies didn't spawn. Had to kill myself

#2 I shot Passos at the graveyard thinking he was the last enemy behind cover.

#3 Favela again. I got stuck on a texture after they threw a molotov cocktail and couldn't escape which resulted in me burning to death. 

Overall I encountered a lot of glitches which was annoying, but I pulled through, even though my hands were shaking like crazy at the end

Edited by Johnytomm

I left this game alone and have come back to it a few months later. I thought I could put it behind me but not completing this mode keeps haunting me.

Ch 2: GLITCH. Stuck in bullet time.

Ch 11: LS mode while running into the room with the piano and the staircase. Instant LS mode. Literally copied many YT players but I didnt get pull it off.

Ch 7: GLITCH. Level didnt load.

Ch 8: GLITCH. LS mode glitched.

Ch 6: Grenade came my way, I dodged. FAILED. Not dead, but failed. IT guy was on the opposite side of the room. What. The. Actual. F***.

Ch 3: No ammo, enemies randomly dropped too few bullets.

Ch11: No ammo.

Ch 8: Run and gunning the guys coming out from behind the curtains in the church. Didn't hear gunfire for a few seconds so i went upstairs. One of them kills Passos. FAILED. Why does it fail me if I am not leaving the area?

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEEEEEASE.

This game is so cheap and nasty it's ridiculous. It has likely never been playtested by Rockstar.

Edited by MiloFPS
Spelling.

Alright so it's my turn to measure myself to this "The Shadows Rushed Me" trophy !

I've done 5 runs today and this was the very first time I attempted this.

Attempt 1: I died on Chapter 4, part 1 because I went too fast and took too much damage early in the chapter. Therefore when I arrived at the last bit with the 3 cars I had no painkillers left and I got shot to death. I guess the grind on arcade mode made me over confident.

--> My fault.

Attempt 2: I died on Chapter 3. Again i tried to act like a pro-gamer, went too fast and ate through my painkillers too quickly and died.

--> My fault.

Attempt 3: Everything was going well until I decided to shootdodge on Chapter 5, near the end at the docks and I fell in the water... Suicide was on point. I actually laughed that one off. I played quite well until then. I won't be shootdodging ever again in this level.

--> 100% my fault.

Attempt 4: I got to Chapter 7 and at around 1/3rd of the chapter, right after you shoot the unarmed guy on the roof with the fireworks before jumping down the level didn't load properly. No ennemies, no painkiller, and no possibility to get out of the firework house as the cutscene couldn't load either.

--> Not my fault.

Attempt 5: This one is very painful. My console crashed on chapter 13 right before the cutscene for the first miniboss guy in the office. I had 24min on the clock and 6 painkillers. I was playing so well I'm super mad... I'll get to bed now and start again tomorrow. If my console didn't crash tonight I'm sure i would have got it :'(

--> Definitely not my fault...

Edited by Tyxoune
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyxoune said:

Attempt 5: This one is very painful. My console crashed on chapter 13 right before the cutscene for the first miniboss guy in the office. I had 24min on the clock and 6 painkillers. I was playing so well I'm super mad... I'll get to bed now and start again tomorrow. If my console didn't crash tonight I'm sure i would have got it :'(

Yes, this is an unfortunate consequence of the game having to load all 14 chapters in one go. I had the same thing happen to me when I was doing NYMH. This is what I did to minimize the risks of it freezing. Whether these strategies actually work 100% of the time, I do not know. But they worked for me:

1) Before you go into the room with the machine gunner, wait outside the double doors and pause your game. The theory behind this is that it allows the game to load everything in on time.

2) As soon as you pass through the double doors, ALWAYS stay to the RIGHT side of the room. Just take cover behind the desks on your right and kill all the regular enemies. DO NOT GO TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROOM.

3) If you want to play it extra safe, pause your game again for another few minutes when there is one regular enemy left to kill (before the machine gunner is supposed to spawn in).

Again, I don't know if these always work for everyone, but it definitely helped me and many others get through this chapter without freezing.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyxoune said:

Attempt 6: I made it all the way to Chapter 13 again and just before entering the cubicle office I waited about 15min, had a drink, spent time on Youtube. Then I get in, spent the all fight on the right side of the room, kill the last ennemy AND IT FROZE AGAIN !! At this point i thought i'll just give up for the day and grind some multiplayer XP but i though i'd give it another go as my fingers were super warm :D

Attempt 7: I MADE IT !! This time I played offline as it was reported that it could help with the PS3 freezing sometimes. I also cleaned my HDD and removed about 9-10Go of data just to be on the safe side ? I also waited before entering the room and stayed on the right side. It didn't freeze and I took Chapter 14 very slowly. I didn't play well during the last chapter and arrived at the final battle with only 3 painkillers (the 3 they give you on the train...). Before entering the final battle I watched some Youtube NYMHC to see the strategies for the last fight (best order to kill ennemies, when Becker fires his grenades etc...) and in the end I only used 1 painkiller and finished the game :D

In the end it only took me a full week end and 7 tries: 2 are proper deaths, 1 is a suicide, 3 are due to game glitch/freeze and 1 winning take! It was challenging and rather fun actually, I enjoyed my ride !

Yes, I forgot to mention that playing offline is probably a good idea when going for this. Anyway, congratulations! :)

• Like 1

On 26.9.2020 at 0:53 PM, MiloFPS said:

I left this game alone and have come back to it a few months later. I thought I could put it behind me but not completing this mode keeps haunting me.

Ch 2: GLITCH. Stuck in bullet time.

Ch 11: LS mode while running into the room with the piano and the staircase. Instant LS mode. Literally copied many YT players but I didnt get pull it off.

Ch 7: GLITCH. Level didnt load.

Ch 8: GLITCH. LS mode glitched.

Ch 6: Grenade came my way, I dodged. FAILED. Not dead, but failed. IT guy was on the opposite side of the room. What. The. Actual. F***.

Ch 3: No ammo, enemies randomly dropped too few bullets.

Ch11: No ammo.

Ch 8: Run and gunning the guys coming out from behind the curtains in the church. Didn't hear gunfire for a few seconds so i went upstairs. One of them kills Passos. FAILED. Why does it fail me if I am not leaving the area?

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEEEEEASE. This game is mentally ruining me. I can't play it anymore because I get too angry and I've called off other engagements in my life to play this. I might have to pay someone to do it for me, not for the bragging rights, but so that I can put it behind me, so I don't go insane trying. It's been consuming me. The worst thing is that people who do this never understand the pain I've been through. It seems I've played more hours of this game mode than anyone on here but I still have not been rewarded, at least 10 of my tries have ended due to glitches. It's just the height of tediousness.

This game is so cheap and nasty it's ridiculous. It has likely never been playtested by Rockstar.

I'm having the same problems, I firstly did some runs just to feel it, everyday I'm making progress but then suddenly the game glitched on me in the favela and since then all my runs are failing because of the glitches. usually I am a speedrunner, but this game really glitching on me every time since I've encountered that glitch and it's really annoying. the triggers are broken and it's really taking all my faith in completing this challenge, I'm thinking of reinstalling the game.

On 27.9.2020 at 8:29 PM, MiloFPS said:

Failures continued:

Chapter 2: Door did not open, GLITCH.

Chapter 12: Ran out of painkillers in the outside pool area. Ran out of bullet time, I have never had trouble with this area on other difficulties.

I am a superstitous person. maybe it's just not meant to be. I feel it. The signs are there. I was literally crying. I have spent so much of my life on this with NOTHING to show for it. I feel like such a waste.

https://ibb.co/GT9vLqb

I had to. I have a busy end of year, I can't justify the timesink. I had to do that, to force myself to accept and move on.

34 minutes ago, mataningo said:

I'm having the same problems, I firstly did some runs just to feel it, everyday I'm making progress but then suddenly the game glitched on me in the favela and since then all my runs are failing because of the glitches. usually I am a speedrunner, but this game really glitching on me every time since I've encountered that glitch and it's really annoying. the triggers are broken and it's really taking all my faith in completing this challenge, I'm thinking of reinstalling the game.

You guys can do it, I am 100 % sure!

Every mistake is a chance to improve, every mistake increases the learning curve and eventually you will be at a point where it only depends on nothing but you staying calm while pulling off the things you‘ve learned during your failed runs.

Glitches are bad and quite common, but I‘ve read quite a few times that playing offline when attempting NYMHC is the way to go / decrease the likelihood of encountering any stupid glitch during your run.

If you need anything-let me know.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

You guys can do it, I am 100 % sure!

Every mistake is a chance to improve, every mistake increases the learning curve and eventually you will be at a point where it only depends on nothing but you staying calm while pulling off the things you‘ve learned during your failed runs.

Glitches are bad and quite common, but I‘ve read quite a few times that playing offline when attempting NYMHC is the way to go / decrease the likelihood of encountering any stupid glitch during your run.

If you need anything-let me know.

thanks. guess I will give it a try on offline and hope it will be more stable.

2 hours ago, mataningo said:

thanks. guess I will give it a try on offline and hope it will be more stable.

I had the glitch on Chapter 7 where the level wouldn't load properly. For me it happened just after the sequence where you're being pulled by a chain. When you get out of this building you're passing through a train and then you have to cross a big red metal double gate which triggers a cinematic. I avoided the loading glitch by letting the cinematic play without skipping it. It worked for each of my 3 runs where I got to this point.

For the glitch on Chapter 13 where the game would freeze when the LMG mini boss spawns I followed @z99f advices and also turned my internet connexion to "disabled" in the console's settings.

These tricks helped me achieve a glitchless run :)

Hopefully it will as well for you !

Edited by Tyxoune

30 minutes ago, Tyxoune said:

I avoided the loading glitch by letting the cinematic play without skipping it. It worked for each of my 3 runs where I got to this point.

This is a good idea. For some reason, chapter 7 and 13 tend to have high chances of freezing (not sure why). For chapter 7, if you feel like your game is staring to become choppy and slow, pause your game for a few minutes and let everything load in properly. As mentioned above, you might also want to consider letting some of the cutscenes play out to prevent freezing. When it comes to the area where an enemy shoots a flare, let him shoot it. Don't kill him too quickly as it is theorized that doing so will potentially cause the rest of the chapter to not load properly. 

I also had an issue on chapter 11 where textures weren't loading in properly. To minimize the risk of freezing, I just paused my game. Pausing the game to let things load in seems to be one of the best ways to prevent freezing / glitches. It might be annoying, but it beats having to redo the whole game again. 

And for chapter 13, I would simply follow the advice I mentioned a few posts above. 

Oh, and as @Tyxoune said, make sure you play OFFLINE. 

It is very annoying when you fail NYMH, especially if it isn't your fault, but have patience and keep trying every now and then and I promise you will get it eventually if you follow all of the advice given. :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyxoune said:

I had the glitch on Chapter 7 where the level wouldn't load properly. For me it happened just after the sequence where you're being pulled by a chain. When you get out of this building you're passing through a train and then you have to cross a big red metal double gate which triggers a cinematic. I avoided the loading glitch by letting the cinematic play without skipping it. It worked for each of my 3 runs where I got to this point.

For the glitch on Chapter 13 where the game would freeze when the LMG mini boss spawns I followed @z99f advices and also turned my internet connexion to "disabled" in the console's settings.

These tricks helped me achieve a glitchless run :)

Hopefully it will as well for you !

hey, 

thanks for the tips.

in my case chapter 7 glitched on me right after the chain, Max was supposed to land on top of the catwalk and as soon as the bullet time stopped he just fell to the ground resulting in instant dead

in my last run the game didn't trigger the next move, it was on chapter 4 right before breaking in to the garage straight from the roof where Passos throws a brick. after I cleared the floors and I was on my way to Passos, the game just didn't trigger anything and right there I just lost it and closed the console.

A trick for chapter 7 is to pause the cutscene before the chain sequence and you will see that some areas start to fill in with textures and objects. Even when playing offline it still does that and you need to pause. For the machine gunner in chapter 13, stay on the right of the room and pause before you enter that room. Don't skip any sutscnees in that area is what I've been told.

• Like 1

Fail #40 (only 35 listed here) 

Chapter 6-2. Killed everyone and the final killcam showed so I left cover but he was still alive. DEAD. 

Fail #41: 
Chapter 3. Uzi run n gunning in the restaurant with a few bullets left. I use my last one, dead instantly. 

Fail #42: Chapter 13 the police station office, the game froze. I went to the centre left of the room and it froze. 

Hopefully attempt 43 goes perfectly. 

Edited by MiloFPS

4 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #40 (only 35 listed here) 

Chapter 6-2. Killed everyone and the final killcam showed so I left cover but he was still alive. DEAD. 

Fail #41: 
Chapter 3. Uzi run n gunning in the restaurant with a few bullets left. I use my last one, dead instantly. 

Fail #42: Chapter 13 the police station office, the game froze. I went to the centre left of the room and it froze. 

Hopefully attempt 43 goes perfectly. 

Did you tape your game CD back together ? ;)

Good luck with attempt 43, you'll make it !

Fail #43: Chapter 13 

The area where you are automatically put into shoot dodge I killed everyone but a red laser (sniper) spawned and I couldn’t get a clear shot , the pillar was in the way. I moved from the cart to the pillar in front. 
went into shoot dodge, fired everything I had. No dice. 

DEAD. 

hopefully attempt 44 goes to plan. 

This was so strange. I’ve done my homework and played this many times on story mode and never tripped up here ever. I’m crying. 

Some advice please: Once behind the cart, should you stay there or move? There is no last stand here. I had 7pks and 15 mins on the clock. 

My fault. I forgot a sniper can spawn in the middle. I only remembered there being a sniper in the left corner. 

Is it normal to keep making dumb knut mistakes this far in? I don’t know why I moved cover, to get a better shot maybe, to avoid the guy behind the jail doors behind you. 

Edited by MiloFPS

7 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #43: Chapter 13 

The area where you are automatically put into shoot dodge I killed everyone but a red laser (sniper) spawned and I couldn’t get a clear shot , the pillar was in the way. I moved from the cart to the pillar in front. 
went into shoot dodge, fired everything I had. No dice. 

DEAD. 

hopefully attempt 44 goes to plan. 

This was so strange. I’ve done my homework and played this many times on story mode and never tripped up here ever. I’m crying. 

Some advice please: Once behind the cart, should you stay there or move? There is no last stand here. I had 7pks and 15 mins on the clock. 

My fault. I forgot a sniper can spawn in the middle. I only remembered there being a sniper in the left corner. 

Is it normal to keep making dumb knut mistakes this far in? I don’t know why I moved cover, to get a better shot maybe, to avoid the guy behind the jail doors behind you. 

Those mistakes will happen all the time, accept it and move on. the best I reached was chapter 10 and it went so bad, I don't think I have more faith in this anymore but anyway all I can say is you gotta take the risk sometimes and just shootdodge but only if you sure you'll kill all the enemies that left in the area and that you are out of bullet time.