Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

9 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #43: Chapter 13 

The area where you are automatically put into shoot dodge I killed everyone but a red laser (sniper) spawned and I couldn’t get a clear shot , the pillar was in the way. I moved from the cart to the pillar in front. 
went into shoot dodge, fired everything I had. No dice. 

DEAD. 

hopefully attempt 44 goes to plan. 

This was so strange. I’ve done my homework and played this many times on story mode and never tripped up here ever. I’m crying. 

Some advice please: Once behind the cart, should you stay there or move? There is no last stand here. I had 7pks and 15 mins on the clock. 

My fault. I forgot a sniper can spawn in the middle. I only remembered there being a sniper in the left corner. 

Is it normal to keep making dumb knut mistakes this far in? I don’t know why I moved cover, to get a better shot maybe, to avoid the guy behind the jail doors behind you. 

In this area after you kill the 6 snipers I stayed in cover behind the cart to kill the 2 guys that arrived from the right of the building. The 2 on the left I killed them using slow motion. I've heard that the sniper with the red laser is a one shot kill without last man standing.

My advice would be to never shootdodge because it makes you too vulnerable if you fail to kill the ennemies.

You won't have a perfect run and you will keep having close calls and fails, but just stay calm and keep trying.

On my successful run I almost died at the very beginning of chapter 11 when you are in the crew cabin in the ship. I was 1 shot away from death and took it super slow. I think I wasted more than 1 minute to kill one ennemy because I was so close to death.

Fail #44: Chapter 13. After taking out the APC and all other guys I took the grenade launcher (yes, I know) and blew up the cars at the far end but I have done this before and didn’t expect a chain reaction. 

DEAD. 

Earlier in chapter 8 I nearly died because one of the AI blew up the car trying to kill me. That was the only close call I had. 

Maybe I got lucky not dying on previous runs doing this. On my next run I won’t use the launcher at all. I had 15:30 on the clock at this point so I shouldn’t have. But like I said, I always pulled it off. 

Also the nasty Chapter 6-2 choke point nearly got me. I stayed in cover and the first guy ran at me, forcing me to melee. I went to about 5% health. 

That chapter is underrated in how hard and cheap it is. 

Fail #45. Tried again tonight and reached chapter 5-2 where I paused the game, in mid-air in the boat to save Fabiana. The game glitched. 

I am at wits end. Why is this happening to me? 

If someone wants to complete this mode for me and sync it to my profile, I would give you my sign in details and a $50 PSN card as a reward. Message me if interested. First can someone please let me know if this is against the terms of service? And don’t lecture me on why I should do it myself. 

I have already explained why. I can’t stop, but I can’t carry on like this either. I feel like the universe is telling me I cannot do it. 

Edited by MiloFPS

A tips for everyone attempting NYMHC play the game completely offline cause it will prevent it from all the freezes and glitches that can happen in your run. Log out from your profile and turn off the wifi network then select the mode and play it. There is always a chance for something to happen like me when Passos died in chapter 11 as soon as I started taking out the guys from the roof. 
So take your time and keep calm pause the game before entering a tough level or section to reduce the stress and avoiding potential sudden failures.

Last thing is you need also to practice a bit in NYM or regular chapters in medium difficulty to learn the spawns and painkiller locations.

Good luck!

Edited by FearlessElle

9 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #44: Chapter 13. After taking out the APC and all other guys I took the grenade launcher (yes, I know) and blew up the cars at the far end but I have done this before and didn’t expect a chain reaction. 

DEAD. 

Earlier in chapter 8 I nearly died because one of the AI blew up the car trying to kill me. That was the only close call I had. 

Maybe I got lucky not dying on previous runs doing this. On my next run I won’t use the launcher at all. I had 15:30 on the clock at this point so I shouldn’t have. But like I said, I always pulled it off. 

Also the nasty Chapter 6-2 choke point nearly got me. I stayed in cover and the first guy ran at me, forcing me to melee. I went to about 5% health. 

Fail #45. Tried again tonight and reached chapter 5-2 where I paused the game, in mid-air in the boat to save Fabiana. The game glitched. 

If someone wants to complete this mode for me and sync it to my profile, I would give you my sign in details and a $50 PSN card as a reward. Message me if interested. First can someone please let me know if this is against the terms of service? And don’t lecture me on why I should do it myself. 

I have already explained why. I can’t stop, but I can’t carry on like this either. I feel like the universe is telling me I cannot do it. 

Listen, you have to believe in yourself. look how close you were and died only because of a stupid car explosion, as I said before mistakes happen, chin up.

I took a break and played a few other games, relaxed than came back for more sucker punch. the best thing for me is that I'm going through chapters 1-6 with ease so the only problems for me lately was either failures because of passos or a really bad time wasting and panic and chapter 10 was really hard one for me even on all my playthroughs.

15 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

DEAD. 

After reading this then clicking your profile and reading your user title “Max Payne 3 never-plat-er”, I lost it. lol 

in all seriousness, if you’re making it to Chapter 13 then you’re almost there, just need that perfect run. Maybe take a little break for a few days so you’re not feeling as stressed/angry.

11 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

After reading this then clicking your profile and reading your user title “Max Payne 3 never-plat-er”, I lost it. lol 

That was the point hahahaha.

16 hours ago, mataningo said:

Listen, you have to believe in yourself. look how close you were and died only because of a stupid car explosion, as I said before mistakes happen, chin up.

I took a break and played a few other games, relaxed than came back for more sucker punch. the best thing for me is that I'm going through chapters 1-6 with ease so the only problems for me lately was either failures because of passos or a really bad time wasting and panic and chapter 10 was really hard one for me even on all my playthroughs.

I'm busy for a couple of days so it's a good excuse to take a break from the game. I do believe in myself, but it becomes a bit harder when something happens every time. I find chapter 10 easy, I never die there. Message me if you need help on that chapter. For me, 6-2 is tough, 11 and 12 each have one hard section, and the conveyor belt on 14 is hard. The rest I can do. Thanks for the encouragement.

7 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

That was the point hahahaha.

I'm busy for a couple of days so it's a good excuse to take a break from the game. I do believe in myself, but it becomes a bit harder when something happens every time. I find chapter 10 easy, I never die there. Message me if you need help on that chapter. For me, 6-2 is tough, 11 and 12 each have one hard section, and the conveyor belt on 14 is hard. The rest I can do. Thanks for the encouragement.

Well at first I had problems with this chapter but it was mainly because of rushing things and running out of ammo and painkillers I wasn't practicing the last chapters well enough and I got there in NYMHC and I panicked because I had 7 minutes left and it really went bad right from the start and I died because of a stupid mechanic, right as I was clearing the first area the snipers spawned and then you get straight into cover and sometimes when you are peeking out from cover Max decides to mess his hands(some strange bug) they shot me and this cost me the whole run.

this chapter is annoying because sometimes it feels like they don't want to die and it takes a full magazine to kill one soldier, and what's annoying me the most is that straight after that you are in Panama and from there good f----- luck because it feels like THE MAX AND THE IMPOSSIBLE. 

Fail #46: Chapter 2. Rocket wouldn’t blow up. 
Fail #47: Chapter 6. Last stand mode running from one cover to the next, to avoid grenades coming my way and killing the IT guy. I had sights on him but the gun wouldn’t fire. Glitch.

DEAD.
Fail #48: Chapter 13. APC killed me. I double tapped square to cover out of panic. NYM practice is never the same as NYMH.
I've failed on the first 3 chapters another 3 times but only out of anger and not playing properly (last stand mode listening to music not sure if I reloaded).

It’s too hard to justify spending all this time on Max Payne 3 when I’m putting off Red Dead 2, Mafia, Ghost of Tsushima, Star Wars Squadrons and so many other great games that are fun and new just to play this old glitch fest. 

Edited by MiloFPS

8 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #46: Chapter 2. Rocket wouldn’t blow up. 
Fail #47: Chapter 6. Last stand mode running from one cover to the next, to avoid grenades coming my way and killing the IT guy. I had sights on him but the gun wouldn’t fire. Glitch.

DEAD.
Fail #48: Chapter 13. APC killed me. I double tapped square to cover out of panic. NYM practice is never the same as NYMH.
I've failed on the first 3 chapters another 3 times but only out of anger and not playing properly (last stand mode listening to music not sure if I reloaded).

It’s too hard to justify spending all this time on Max Payne 3 when I’m putting off Red Dead 2, Mafia, Ghost of Tsushima, Star Wars Squadrons and so many other great games that are fun and new just to play this old glitch fest. 

Why is this game glitching for so many people? I'm currently doing NYMHC too, but the game never glitched on me. EVER! (I have the disc versione by the way).

13 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Why is this game glitching for so many people? I'm currently doing NYMHC too, but the game never glitched on me. EVER! (I have the disc versione by the way).

I also played using the disc version and I can confirm that glitches still happen A LOT. This game mode is very prone to glitching because it must load the entire game (14 chapters) in one go. Evidently, this has an effect on how the game runs and is thus prone to more glitches occurring. Playing offline is also said to help with freezing. As horrible as it sounds, I would watch most of the cutscenes and pause the game if the gameplay ever becomes slow and choppy so everything can load in properly. I think this alone (and playing offline) will prevent most freezes / glitches. 

I would say that the main areas that this game can glitch are: Chapter 7 (warehouse & flare guy), Chapter 11 (the game seems to have difficulties loading textures), and Chapter 13 (the LMG guy section in the office). To avoid these areas glitching, I would suggest: 1) Watching the cutscenes in Chapter 7 so the game has proper time to load, 2) DON'T shoot the flare guy too quickly when you get to him in Chapter 7, 3) Pause the game if textures aren't appearing or if objects aren't loading properly (I mainly found this an issue on Chapter 11 but this should be a strategy throughout the entire game), 4) Chapter 13 advice for the LMG guy has already been explained above. It is important to remember that even with these strategies, glitches can STILL occur. 

Honestly, I think NYMH is much more about luck and patience than actual skill, and knowing the strategies to minimize the risks of freezing / glitches is very important. 

• Like 2

This game was meant to be played on free aim, you know like mouse and keyboard (I have no problem with that at all) but playing this with DualShock 3 makes it a little bit difficult in my opinion.

I had a lot of times that I've clicked a button and it just didn't do nothing, I'm assuming it happens in all versions of the game even on pc, because somehow this game don't like that you are rushing things (as funny as it may sound, it's true), many of the glitches are issues with the console overheating, game loading and stuff like that, I don't have any idea why playing offline makes it better but it works wonders.

Fail #49: Chapter 10. Never died here before, in the bus repair shop and I got a grenade thrown at me. I exited cover and tried to roll but Max jerked backwards and I couldn’t dodge in time. The grenade arrow points in all directions so you don’t know where to dodge but you dodge anyway. 

DEAD. 

It is easier on an Xbox 360 controller or with a mouse. If you could use the DualShock 4 the difficulty would go down by a half out of 10 for sure. The DualShock 3 is 1999 technology, just a glorified PS2 controller. 

Typical Rockstar game, clunky controls, very poorly made, just like GTA and Red Dead. 

Edited by MiloFPS

Ayyy, decided to start posting my runs as well, reading some of you guy's responses gives me consolation but at the same time motivation. Decided to do a "practice run" first just to see what's up, now the real attempts will began

Attempt #1 (or Practice Run): Made it all the way to Chp 10 as soon you reach the checkpoint after Max drops with the chain. Ran out of bullet time and somebody LMS me but at the same time a grenade was thrown right where I was. Needless to say I tried so hard to get up and shoot dodge away as a hail mary to no avail. 

Attempt #2: Died at the exact same checkpoint as attempt #1, only this time I panicked and used all my painkillers only for some to shoot me in the back of the head. Feels bad.

Attempt #3: Giovana got caught as she was running the platform in chapter 2. It is what it is.

Attempt #4: Don't know how it happened but when the car drives through the Branco Real Estate Building in chapter 6 I manage to mess up my shots and immediately got run over. 

Attempt #5: God I hate this QTE related parts of the game. Died at the end of Chp 5 where you gotta shoot the guys Fabiana is on the boat with. 

Attempt #6: Shot Giovana in Chp 2 chase lol

Attempt #7: Went into LMS in Chp 3 and game decided that the guy I killed (time indication of 0:05 secs went up) doesn't count. 

Attempt #8: Head shot Giovana in Chp 2, started laughing cause bullet cam mode activated. Can't believe I started off good and now I'm progressively getting worse. 

Edited by EDJ3DG
Update

27 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Died in chapter 13 during the vehicle section. As soon as Max got into cover, I got shot twice in a row by the APC. I didn't move a fucking muscle.

How the fuck did this happen?

I've had this happen to me during a few of my other runs (thankfully not on NYMH). It sometimes seems random whether you get hit behind cover. Did you take cover on the far left or in front of you? I know for a fact that the APC can hit you if you try taking cover on the left because it has a better angle on Max's head. I always took cover behind the concrete barriers in front of where you take control of Max again. Personally, I've never been killed by the APC when taking cover here but I suppose it's possible. You can also get killed if you move too much when in cover as Max's head and body becomes exposed. 

I know this isn't much help, but it's all I can think of at the moment. Keep trying though and you'll get it soon enough! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EDJ3DG said:

Attempt #1 (or Practice Run): Made it all the way to Chp 10 as soon you reach the checkpoint after Max drops with the chain. Ran out of bullet time and somebody LMS me but at the same time a grenade was thrown right where I was. Needless to say I tried so hard to get up and shoot dodge away as a hail mary to no avail. 

In my experience that grenade always lands behind cover if you stay put as soon as that section starts.

7 hours ago, z99f said:

I've had this happen to me during a few of my other runs (thankfully not on NYMH). It sometimes seems random whether you get hit behind cover. Did you take cover on the far left or in front of you? I know for a fact that the APC can hit you if you try taking cover on the left because it has a better angle on Max's head. I always took cover behind the concrete barriers in front of where you take control of Max again. Personally, I've never been killed by the APC when taking cover here but I suppose it's possible. You can also get killed if you move too much when in cover as Max's head and body becomes exposed. 

I didn't "take cover" ,Max automatically went to take cover on the far left side. I stood still because I knew moving would be risky. Really, it's like the bullet went right through the cover.

Fail #50. Chapter 14, the hangar. I’ve killed everyone, the plane is leaving but there is one last guy. I climb the stairway to get to him but it is too late. 

the bastard was hiding behind the cop car so I drew him out but have no bullet time left. 

FAILED. 

I am BEGGING someone to do this mode for me. My hands are shaking and I am in tears (not literally). I am suffering so hard. 

This game is so cruel and sadistic and so unfair. I climb the stairway but all enemies have to be killed or it fails the whole game?!?! 

Edited by MiloFPS

This thread brings me back to 2012!

I can only recall 2 failures past the middle of the game. First one was when Max takes cover and a molotov is thrown at him. Hardly had I had control of Max that the molotov was thrown. Boom, instakill.

The second one is even more infuriating as I was victim of the infamous glitch when enemies don't spawn in the favelas. Resulting in the impossibility of going any further, had to restart it all over again. 3rd try got me the platinum though, I can recall how nervous I was at end.

Edited by bosstristan

Had my best run to date. It was so smooth and then I died on chapter 11 by taking the easy way out and shoot dodging off the yacht, Incredible.

Spent 4 hours to get there only to get those instant death moments that you can’t do anything about it, it’s too easy to fail like that, what a shame.

the yacht part is a tough one, this and some parts in chapter 10 are ridiculously stressing. maybe I need a new strategy or maybe better luck, because I tend to fail at some point and then just get in a loop of failures in the same section for example I got stuck on chapter 5 for like 4-5 attempts in the last two days.

5 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #50. Chapter 14, the hangar. I’ve killed everyone, the plane is leaving but there is one last guy. I climb the stairway to get to him but it is too late. 

the bastard was hiding behind the cop car so I drew him out but have no bullet time left. 

FAILED. 

I am BEGGING someone to do this mode for me. My hands are shaking and I am in tears (not literally). I am suffering so hard. 

This game is so cruel and sadistic and so unfair. I climb the stairway but all enemies have to be killed or it fails the whole game?!?! 

What stairway? The thing that you get on to board a plane? for moments like that you can pause the game and look around for enemies using R3

1 hour ago, mataningo said:

Had my best run to date. It was so smooth and then I died on chapter 11 by taking the easy way out and shoot dodging off the yacht, Incredible.

Spent 4 hours to get there only to get those instant death moments that you can’t do anything about it, it’s too easy to fail like that, what a shame.

the yacht part is a tough one, this and some parts in chapter 10 are ridiculously stressing. maybe I need a new strategy or maybe better luck, because I tend to fail at some point and then just get in a loop of failures in the same section for example I got stuck on chapter 5 for like 4-5 attempts in the last two days.

What stairway? The thing that you get on to board a plane? for moments like that you can pause the game and look around for enemies using R3

Have you watched some NYMHC videos on Youtube ? That helped me a lot to find the safest strategies to use :)

There's a guy that does NYM tutorial videos without melee kills - this helped me a lot when I was playing the levels. I would literally pause my gameplay before a hard encounter and watch the video to see how this guy was doing.

This is the link to the playlist on his Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxo-C2zwDbopc4e8ITQih21fVdnA3V8C7

The good thing is that you don't have to take it as fast as he does because the timer does carry over from chapter to chapter.

Edited by Tyxoune

6 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

I had something similar happen to me during my NYMH runs. The game failed me on chapter 4 part 1 because I went through the bar section too quickly and left one enemy alive. When I got to the exit door, the game showed Passos getting shot. Insta failed. I agree with you that it is pretty ridiculous that this can happen in certain sections. Sometimes it is okay to leave enemies, other times it isn't. I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with certain levels / areas where Max has someone with him (Passos, Giovanna) where the game will auto fail you if you leave an enemy. It's too bad that this happened to you right at the end. Just don't move too far forward into the hangar (or go up the stairs) or the game will auto fail you. Regardless, it is pretty cheesy on R* part. 

Edited by z99f

3 hours ago, Tyxoune said:

Have you watched some NYMHC videos on Youtube ? That helped me a lot to find the safest strategies to use :)

There's a guy that does NYM tutorial videos without melee kills - this helped me a lot when I was playing the levels. I would literally pause my gameplay before a hard encounter and watch the video to see how this guy was doing.

This is the link to the playlist on his Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxo-C2zwDbopc4e8ITQih21fVdnA3V8C7

The good thing is that you don't have to take it as fast as he does because the timer does carry over from chapter to chapter.

Yeah, I watched some, but I can’t see those melee kills abusers they are so annoying.

I’ve actually been following speedruns of CJacobs, he’s playing on pc but he added commentary to the video.

I’m familiar with chrisli videos as well, strange how I forgot about him, he’s crazy and he plays on the 360.