Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

On 10/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, EDJ3DG said:

Ayyy, decided to start posting my runs as well, reading some of you guy's responses gives me consolation but at the same time motivation. Decided to do a "practice run" first just to see what's up, now the real attempts will began

Attempt #1 (or Practice Run): Made it all the way to Chp 10 as soon you reach the checkpoint after Max drops with the chain. Ran out of bullet time and somebody LMS me but at the same time a grenade was thrown right where I was. Needless to say I tried so hard to get up and shoot dodge away as a hail mary to no avail. 

Attempt #2: Died at the exact same checkpoint as attempt #1, only this time I panicked and used all my painkillers only for some to shoot me in the back of the head. Feels bad.

Attempt #3: Giovana got caught as she was running the platform in chapter 2. It is what it is.

Attempt #4: Don't know how it happened but when the car drives through the Branco Real Estate Building in chapter 6 I manage to mess up my shots and immediately got run over. 

Attempt #5: God I hate this QTE related parts of the game. Died at the end of Chp 5 where you gotta shoot the guys Fabiana is on the boat with. 

Attempt #6: Shot Giovana in Chp 2 chase lol

Attempt #7: Went into LMS in Chp 3 and game decided that the guy I killed (time indication of 0:05 secs went up) doesn't count. 

Attempt #8: Head shot Giovana in Chp 2, started laughing cause bullet cam mode activated. Can't believe I started off good and now I'm progressively getting worse. 

Attempt #9-11 aren't nothing worthy to write about, failed pretty early on QTE events but #12 really got to me.

Attempt #12: Best run so far. Conquered my weakness that was chp 10, did chp 11 with relative ease, only to die in the most dumbest way at the beginning of 12 because I decided not to go with my usual tactic of using the grenade launcher. Ran outta painkillers and thought I killed the LMG guy behind the wall barricade only for him to pop up and one shot me.

Attempt #13: This one hurts/pisses me off. Had good time and everything, chp 11, go down the zip line and take out all the enemies there. Go to pick up an assault rifle and Max decides to roll off the platform and into the canal, FAILED. 

Edited by EDJ3DG

2 hours ago, mataningo said:

Died in chapter 13 by Bachmeyer while I was trying to shoot the roof, I really don't know how it got so bad, I had 6 painkillers and soon as I saw that he shoots me I've stop shooting to get back in cover but somehow I died without even getting last stand

If Bachmeyer puts you into last stand, you will automatically die. The game will instantly fail you as there is not way to shoot him in last stand as he is in cover. It's really important not to peak out of cover for too long as he does quite a bit of damage fairly quickly. 

8 hours ago, mataningo said:

Died in chapter 13 by Bachmeyer while I was trying to shoot the roof, I really don't know how it got so bad, I had 6 painkillers and soon as I saw that he shoots me I've stop shooting to get back in cover but somehow I died without even getting last stand

You shouldn’t be killed by Bachmeyer. 
If you stick to cover behind the filing cabinet to the left of where you spawn after the cut scene, he cannot hit you, and the ceiling tiles are in reach. Most of the video guides do it the same way. 
I rolled around to pick up ammo as I had none left otherwise I stuck to that cover and I was fine. 

Edited by MiloFPS

8 hours ago, z99f said:

If Bachmeyer puts you into last stand, you will automatically die. The game will instantly fail you as there is not way to shoot him in last stand as he is in cover. It's really important not to peak out of cover for too long as he does quite a bit of damage fairly quickly. 

Oh, right make sense. I should have been more patience.

3 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

You shouldn’t be killed by Bachmeyer. 
If you stick to cover behind the filing cabinet to the left of where you spawn after the cut scene, he cannot hit you, and the ceiling tiles are in reach. Most of the video guides do it the same way. 
I rolled around to pick up ammo as I had none left otherwise I stuck to that cover and I was fine. 

Yeah I’m staying behind that cover next to the ammo bag, my mistake was that I peeked out instead of blind firing the roof.

Got killed by a sniper in chapter 13. Not accepting defeat I immeadiately tried again and to my surprise, I actually managed to beat it!!!

Can I say fuck NYMHC? I never want to try anything like it ever again (why am I lying to myself? I know for sure I'll try to get Mein Leben sooner or later.).

Edited by ViperLance34
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Got killed by a sniper in chapter 13. Not accepting defeat I immeadiately tryied again, and to my surprise, I actually managed to beat it!!!

Can I say fuck NYMHC? I never want to try anything like it ever again (why am I lying to myself? I know for sure I'll try to get  Mein Leben sooner or later.).

Congrats. I agree on that DS3 thing. The PS4 Controller is much more precise, it would make things a whole lot easier. 
You guys should watch ThirstyHyena, he is the world record holder for NYMHC on PC. I’ve learned how every situation works just by his videos. 

13 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Died in the last chapter by becker, failed to shoot the grenades.

Brutal man. Just finished regular NYM and I realised that while I was taking cover against the luggage, his grenade didn’t kill me, just knocked me back. Don’t know whether I should start trying to tackle this beast while the campaign’s still fresh in my mind or grind to level 50. 

26 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Brutal man. Just finished regular NYM and I realised that while I was taking cover against the luggage, his grenade didn’t kill me, just knocked me back. Don’t know whether I should start trying to tackle this beast while the campaign’s still fresh in my mind or grind to level 50. 

you better start. but do it in offline mode while you are signed out of PSN because in that way there is less glitches.

Fail #51: Chapter 14. Lost all my painkillers in the hangar with Becker. Stayed in cover too long waiting for the two trucks to blow up because I pumped all my bullets into them and they’re didn’t blow up. I had 5 pks going into the fight and picked up the one on the left (this never happened before). 

Instant last stand mode 3 times because I got flanked and flushed out. Those YouTube guides are BULLSHIT. 

DEAD. 

Someone please do this mode for me. I will pay the $50 PSN card. Just please. Please. PLEASE!!!!! 
I don’t have the time to attempt it more than two/three times a week. I have died/failed on chapters 13 and 14 eight times now. This is unreal. I can not afford to keep reaching the end and failing. After 51 attempts I won’t ever do this. 

Edited by MiloFPS

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #51: Chapter 14. Lost all my painkillers in the hangar with Becker. Stayed in cover too long waiting for the two trucks to blow up because I pumped all my bullets into them and they’re didn’t blow up. I had 5 pks going into the fight and picked up the one on the left (this never happened before). 

Instant last stand mode 3 times because I got flanked and flushed out. Those YouTube guides are BULLSHIT. 

DEAD. 

Someone please do this mode for me. I will pay the $50 PSN card. Just please. Please. PLEASE!!!!! 
I don’t have the time to attempt it more than two/three times a week. I have died/failed on chapters 13 and 14 eight times now. This is unreal. I can not afford to keep reaching the end and failing. After 51 attempts I won’t ever do this. 

Don't give up! 

You are literally the only reason I still follow this thread. 

I am always hoping and cannot wait for the day you get this done! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

DEAD. 

It's good that you are following guides, but you are the one with the hands on the controller. you've been there a lot and that's a matter of time till you'll finally get it, I was close 3 times today and still failed. you need just one strategy that you can trust.

I'll say shoot the first grenade in the start of the checkpoint then ditch the long gun and go full auto with the dual automatic 9mm, you should shred anybody in your sight and the cars will blow in seconds.

Edited by mataningo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Don't give up! 

You are literally the only reason I still follow this thread. 

I am always hoping and cannot wait for the day you get this done! 

Thanks! ? I won't let you down.

23 minutes ago, mataningo said:

I'll say shoot the first grenade in the start of the checkpoint then ditch the long gun and go full auto with the dual automatic 9mm, you should shred anybody in your sight and the cars will blow in seconds.

I will practice it in story mode tonight, the duel wielding approach. Using the long gun was the worst thing I could have done, the damage dealt is too low. I will play it again and again until I get it to an art form.

Edited by MiloFPS

4 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

DEAD. 

You'll make it very soon seeing how close you are to beating it !

For your information I never managed to blow the cars by shooting them, or if they did blow it was way too late and the ennemies were already out.

I didn't use the dual welding auto 9mm because it doesn't work for me but stayed with the big assault rifle :D

Attempt 1

Killed by the heavy gunner in the lobby on chapter 6. Don’t know what happened here, I unloaded nearly 3 full mags into his head but his helmet wouldn’t come off. Eventually got caught in the open and he killed me. Replayed this section immediately and I kill him in 5 seconds, no idea?

Attempt 2

Failed in chapter 8. This was just dumb. So Passos gets gunned down almost immediately because I leave the cutscene with no bullet time and one bullet in my pistol. Next time I’ll make sure to go back and get the grenade launcher. Lesson learned. ?

Im actually feeling confident with this, just need to be extra careful with instant death areas.

2 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Attempt 1

Killed by the heavy gunner in the lobby on chapter 6. Don’t know what happened here, I unloaded nearly 3 full mags into his head but his helmet wouldn’t come off. Eventually got caught in the open and he killed me. Replayed this section immediately and I kill him in 5 seconds, no idea?

Attempt 2

Failed in chapter 8. This was just dumb. So Passos gets gunned down almost immediately because I leave the cutscene with no bullet time and one bullet in my pistol. Next time I’ll make sure to go back and get the grenade launcher. Lesson learned. 1f602.png

Im actually feeling confident with this, just need to be extra careful with instant death areas.

hey,

in chapter 6 let him shoot while you are in cover and when you have full bullet time and you see that he's about to reload start to blast him.

in chapter 8 I came to a conclusion that if you don't make it quick Passos is dead instantly, I always shot dodging forward in that part.

I wouldn't recommend using the grenade launcher, yes it's a deadly weapon, but one mistake and you can blow yourself up.

Edited by mataningo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mataningo said:

hey,

in chapter 6 let him shoot while you are in cover and when you have full bullet time and you see that he's about to reload start to blast him.

in chapter 8 I came to a conclusion that if you don't make it quick Passos is dead instantly, I always shot dodging forward in that part.

I wouldn't recommend using the grenade launcher, yes it's a deadly weapon, but one mistake and you can blow yourself up.

I like using the grenade launcher, especially in chapter 13. I just make sure I’m always in the open so I don’t hit a wall. Might have to wait until the weekend before my next crack, don’t have 5 hours free after work, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I like using the grenade launcher, especially in chapter 13. I just make sure I’m always in the open so I don’t hit a wall. Might have to wait until the weekend before my next crack, don’t have 5 hours free after work, unfortunately.

It only takes 3 and a half to 4 hours. 
For Chapter 13 make sure you’re far away and make sure every car has exploded before continuing. You don’t want to move to the next area and get caught in explosion. That’s exactly how I died. 

Fail #52 Chapter 13. Office room Glitch. I left the game on pause for one minute and stuck to the right of the room, I didn’t even leave cover but the last guy ALWAYS stays in the room on the right forcing you to leave cover to kill him. I stick to the right of the room...

It froze. 

Can someone play this mode for me? The amount of glitches are unreal. Although I did leave golden guns on, maybe I should’ve turned them off before this section but I forgot. 

I've wasted 3 more hours for nothing today. About 100 hours+ total with nothing to show for it. 

7 hours ago, MiloFPS said:

Fail #52 Chapter 13. Office room Glitch. I left the game on pause for one minute and stuck to the right of the room, I didn’t even leave cover but the last guy ALWAYS stays in the room on the right forcing you to leave cover to kill him. I stick to the right of the room...

It froze. 

Can someone play this mode for me? The amount of glitches are unreal. Although I did leave golden guns on, maybe I should’ve turned them off before this section but I forgot. 

I've wasted 3 more hours for nothing today. About 100 hours+ total with nothing to show for it. 

I had the same freeze, ch13 right as the LMG steps in the office. I was frustrated but I calmed myself down, turned off the PS3..tried again the following morning and BOOM got the trophy and the platinum .