is afro samurai 2 worth getting?

I don't make my purchases on reviews, I'm playing XCOM Declassified currently, not the most critically accepted game, but I'm enjoying it.

This 'Don't trust reviews' mindset doesn't apply to everything. If you don't like FPS games, when IGN gives Call of Duty a 9/10 you might not feel the same way. Afro Samurai 2 isn't getting 'horrible' reviews as in 6/10s, it's literally getting horrible review scores, 2/10s for

"Sporadic, seemingly unfinished gameplay

Long, boring and pretentious cutscenes with little animation
Irritating, poorly mastered voiceovers
Muddy graphics with numerous instances of clipping"

I'm obviously not an expert on Afro Samurai, but when a game sounds this bad it'll only ruin your thoughts on the franchise. 
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hate people who say "I don't make purchases based on reviews" lol You might wanna listen to average reviews of 2. Unless you enjoy playing crap.

I only partially agree with your sentiment. Scores are useless and subjective when dealing with reviews. In a review, I want to read if things are broken, gameplay wise. Meaning controls drop out or are unresponsive, story just stops, or anything that makes the game nearly impossible to play.

I don't want to read a review that compares a game to ANY other game. I also don't want to know if you liked the story/plot. I also don't want to know if the reviewer wasn't good at the game. I also really, really really hate when a reviewer goes on about the history or the actions of the developer.

Those types of reviews are hard to find, but those are the ones that are useful. I rarely seek out reviews because they're mainly click bait and mudslinging these days, but don't overvalue the score of reviews.

Also, you should try to hate less people who say "I don't make purchases based on reviews". I'm sure they don't hate you.

I only partially agree with your sentiment. Scores are useless and subjective when dealing with reviews. In a review, I want to read if things are broken, gameplay wise. Meaning controls drop out or are unresponsive, story just stops, or anything that makes the game nearly impossible to play.

I don't want to read a review that compares a game to ANY other game. I also don't want to know if you liked the story/plot. I also don't want to know if the reviewer wasn't good at the game. I also really, really really hate when a reviewer goes on about the history or the actions of the developer.

Those types of reviews are hard to find, but those are the ones that are useful. I rarely seek out reviews because they're mainly click bait and mudslinging these days, but don't overvalue the score of reviews.

Also, you should try to hate less people who say "I don't make purchases based on reviews". I'm sure they don't hate you.

Maybe not hate.... But they ain't on my friends list.lol

Guess I'm your biggest enemy because more review acclaimed the game is, the lesser reason I see to have it :awesome:

I have never purchased game after looking at review.

Lmao. I always look. I'll never buy it right away if it doesn't get a good enough review. Bargain purchase later. But I'll never even look if it gets terrible reviews. Id like to know who gave the game any praise.