Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

Update: I could buy it   B)  B) ...does anyone know how many playthrough are necessary in order to get the plat ?

Cause I'm planning to finish MGSV ,SOM and Rocket League (which I'm playing right now....and this monday I'll get fifa as well) during October, and I have a bunch of games without plat that I intend to do...

Update: I could buy it   B)  B) ...does anyone know how many playthrough are necessary in order to get the plat ?

Cause I'm planning to finish MGSV ,SOM and Rocket League (which I'm playing right now....and this monday I'll get fifa as well) during October, and I have a bunch of games without plat that I intend to do...

2 playthroughs according to the trophy guide. So is that a yes or a maybe that you're joining?

• Like 1

It is 2 play-throughs, but on the second one you need to turn the random encounters down to zero and only fight mandatory battles, so it should (in theory) be much faster.

• Like 1

It is 2 play-throughs, but on the second one you need to turn the random encounters down to zero and only fight mandatory battles, so it should (in theory) be much faster.

If you knock out everything else on your first play through the 2nd one should only take 4-5 hrs. I screwed up Shopaholic thinking I could backtrack a bit more than I could, so I have to spend a little more time looking for all the vendors... Again. If you do screw it up the first time you can grind out a bunch of gold at the end of play 1, buy a bunch of high end equipment, and sell it off at the start of play 2.

Gold doesn't carry over, items do. Also, you'll lose any of the spells you learned from books, but is you keep the books you can learn them again right at the start.

If people think it would be helpful I could out together a list of the areas, which you can backtrack to, which you visit 2x, and the ones that are one time only deals.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

If people think it would be helpful I could out together a list of the areas, which you can backtrack to, which you visit 2x, and the ones that are one time only deals.

I don't think there's anything like that in the trophy guide I linked, so if that's something that isn't much trouble to put together, then it'll definitely be helpful.

I don't think there's anything like that in the trophy guide I linked, so if that's something that isn't much trouble to put together, then it'll definitely be helpful.

I'll just do it for areas with shops.

Backtrack-able:

Reja

Oasis

Sherlyme

Katsa

Zohonka

Teusa

Querkon

2x areas (you leave once and then return once)

Assac

Verihashana(part 2)

1X AREAS!!!!!

Meho Rocks

Mutch

Ludon

Verihashana(part 1: before you take the train)

Cliboe's Dimension

Bethina's Hideout

Also, once you get the Ability to backtrack, you have to do it then. If you move to the next stage you are locked out of backtracking for good.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

I booted the game up today just to see what it looked like, and poked around the starting village for a few minutes. Mainly clicking on random barrels and dressers in houses, because I thought maybe it was like Final Fantasy VI where you can get items from them. I do that with all retro RPGs though. Also there was a massive 2.2 GB update file to install. I guess that was the patch to fix the shops and add New Game+, although I would think that it should've been installed already since the patches for all my other games download automatically.

• Like 1

(Of course i wont start getting trophies since we all must start the 1st, right ?)

If you have nothing better to do and are dead set on starting before the 1st, then go ahead. The start time is only there to give people time to buy the game and get it installed, or finish up whatever else they're playing if they don't want to do more than one game at a time.

Damon, I got a question. If I get all but one easy trophy for the game prior to 31th and hold the last one to pop the plat on Jan 1st, would I still be considered a successful participant?

No big deal, I'll pop it until 31th if not.

Yeah, you can do that. As long as it's not the trophies for the Eternal Slip game (which would be a cop out), I'll consider all but one trophy a successful completion as a nod to the platinum rain event. I'll add that to the original post.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Yeah, you can do that. As long as it's not the trophies for the Eternal Slip game (which would be a cop out), I'll consider all but one trophy a successful completion as a nod to the platinum rain event. I'll add that to the original post.

I'm quite sure saving the Eternal Slip to Jan 1st would be a terrible idea. No idea how much time that trophy alone would take me and I only rig easy trophies for the plat, I want to have as little effort as possible on the final day for time-saving reasons.

I'm quite sure saving the Eternal Slip to Jan 1st would be a terrible idea. No idea how much time that trophy alone would take me and I only rig easy trophies for the plat, I want to have as little effort as possible on the final day for time-saving reasons.

That's fine, just post here when you reach that point instead of posting in the MRP thread.