Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

I'm quite sure saving the Eternal Slip to Jan 1st would be a terrible idea. No idea how much time that trophy alone would take me and I only rig easy trophies for the plat, I want to have as little effort as possible on the final day for time-saving reasons.

I was originally planning on finishing the game and beating Zajac, but now hat that dream has died I'm going to save it as well. I didn't plan it out so in going to save right before the final boss and save the last two trophies.

If I were starting from scratch I would probably save the bounty hunter quest. You can get to him within about 30 min on your 3rd play through and save it right before you go turn in the quest. You could also save the trophy for doing the tutorials,

The bounty might take slightly longer to reach but would be faster on the actual play pop day. Either one would be pretty quick.

Edited by Hemiak

That's fine, just post here when you reach that point instead of posting in the MRP thread.

I wouldn't dare to post there without getting the plat, haha. I just want to finish BF4 and my 2 vita games, then I'm good to start this. I expect to be done by october 2nd, if everything goes alright.

I was originally planning on finishing the game and beating Zajac, but now hat that dram had died I'm going to save it as well. I didn't pls. It out so in going to save right before the final boss and save the last two trophies. If I were starting from scratch I would probably save the bounty hunter quest. You can get to him within about 30 min on your 3rd play through and save it right before you go turn in the quest. You could also save the trophy for doing the tutorials,

Either one would be pretty quick.

I gotta see how the game is first, so I can check what I can rig. It's always more fun to pop as many trophies as possible at the same time prior to the platinum, gives me more joy. Probably gonna scope quickly the trophy guide prior to starting the game and will rig whatever I don't get naturally.

Edited by TheYuriG

I am actually almost halfway through the game right now... I am using both these guides: 

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/pier-solar-hd-ps3/guide/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/618165-pier-solar-and-the-great-architects/faqs/61924

I think I will finish by October 7th tops because I am putting 3 hours into it daily (because college is really slow right now thankfully).

My advise to grind as little as possible is to start the game and set the encounter rate to 2x and also buy everything from every shop, even if you end up reselling it later, you will get shopaholic before you know it. Also USE THE GUIDES. This game doesn't hold your hand at any point, and many times it doesn't tell you what to do or where to go. 

Apart from that, the difficulty in this game is just the Eternal Slip minigame which consists in 12 minutes of absolute perfection and requires a lot of coordination. The game itself is pretty forgiving once you start to get to high levels (19-22) and I am sure the game will just get easier. I managed to beat the Lion; no spoilers whatsoever; which is a great difficulty increase in that part of the game and never died nor came close to doing it once. 

If you need any help quote me here and I will help you! Umbasa... Oh sorry, wrong game.

I wouldn't dare to post there without getting the plat, haha. I just want to finish BF4 and my 2 vita games, then I'm good to start this. I expect to be done by october 2nd, if everything goes alright.

I gotta see how the game is first, so I can check what I can rig. It's always more fun to pop as many trophies as possible at the same time prior to the platinum, gives me more joy. Probably gonna scope quickly the trophy guide prior to starting the game and will rig whatever I don't get naturally.

Yuri the game is a really old school RPG, too old school maybe. Random encounters, strange dialogue, attempts at humor, dungeons, spells, etc. Also it is quite long the first time you play through it.

Edited by NICK16_06
  • Like 1

I am actually almost halfway through the game right now... I am using both these guides:

I'll add you to the list of participants, since you're not the only one with a significant amount of progress already. Any advice is welcome. Also I've already linked the trophy guide, but I'll add the Gamefaqs walkthrough to the original post also.

Still hoping they follow through with the Vita port...contacted devs...but no answer.

Can't commit to finishing an RPG on a console.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on an answer. It's not a knock on the game itself, but the developer's customer service needs some work. I don't know if maybe they're like 5 guys working out of a tiny office or what, but they're steadily getting a reputation for being slow to move on things and not really updating people about those delays. For instance, I'm still waiting on a strategy guide I put money down for that was supposed to be out on 10 January 2015. I emailed them once about it, and it took them almost 2 months to get back to me.

Sorry, that got off track. Watermelon Games' customer service is a sore subject with me. :P

Edited by damon8r351

Count me in as someone else who has had this installed on PS4 for ages but kept putting it off due to various reasons / procrastination.  Downloading the patch now.

As much as I hate to start before the official appointed time I have absolutely nothing at all to do this weekend, whereas I will be a bit busier starting next week, so I plan to get some progress in over the next couple days to be sure I can make it in time.

Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

So I've just started the game but I have to say I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, dunno why....

Maybe it's just that I really don't want to miss anything. I'm trying to check every source of information to be sure of the path I choose, cause as far as I know I can't go back after a certain point in the story.  Which part of the guides are you following or you have followed in order to get all missable trophies, and in which order ? 

I really love the game though  :wub:

I came to realize that only 3 vendors needed for the shop-a-holic trophy aren't included in Tim333 guide, is that right ?

There are some minor differences with our HD version and the version of which Tim made a guide, anyone knows anything else needed for any trophy which is not included into the faqguide ?

Edited by Re-LoreLink

I came to realize that only 3 vendors needed for the shop-a-holic trophy aren't included in Tim333 guide, is that right ?

There are some minor differences with our HD version and the version of which Tim made a guide, anyone knows anything else needed for any trophy which is not included into the faqguide ?

Read the post-patch notes in the Shop-a-holic Trophy Checklist (linked in the first post also). The HD version brings the total number of shops to 59, so the Gamefaqs guide by Tim333 will be missing those. I wouldn't blindly follow that guide just because it's for a different system and an older version, just use it for ideas of where to go when you're stuck.

Edited by damon8r351

Follow Tim's guide when you're out in the wilderness, but look at the gamefaq shopaholic link when you're in towns.  It lists everything you need to purchase, in roughly the order you'll find the vendors.  I made a paper checklist for my 2nd play through, because for some reason my brain works much better that way.

and an extra play through only takes about 4-5 hrs, so doing a 3rd one wouldn't hurt you too bad.  You can also grind up gold on your 1st play, buy a bunch of high ticket items, and sell them for cash on your 2nd play to go for shopaholic then if you miss it, but you can't get the keys/best gear on your "Tim's way" play through, so that would necessitate a 3rd run if you miss it.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Yeah just to make sure buy everything at least once in every shop. Also ve very thorough. Search every house, use the Opening spell a lot when you get it and the one that checks if there is still treasure around. Also the radar helps a bit. Finally, get ready because the game doesn't pick up until about halfway through; I found it boring until then, playing it like it was a chore, but once you get the hang of it you'll enjoy it even more. Makes you realize how much do modern games hold your hand.

• Like 2

Thank you both @Hemiak and @NICK16_06 for the tips.

I'm currently following the usual Tim guide, the vendor's list and the main trophy guide...but as I said I really want to live this adventure without getting to much bothered by trophies.

Edit: I'm already enjoying the game (I missed an rpg like this) and I'm writing a journal on everything I do. Places I visit, npc who I talk to, collectibles, quests, tresures, items and vendors. 

• Like 1

Good luck guys, I recently earn the platinum and I'm so happy with it, if anyone have trouble at the infamous slippery Minigame I did a video for it xD

Let's beat this long hard road

How much did it take you to do it? I find the game is pretty unresponsive during on foot sequences, but I tried to practice for this in a cave with this type of layout, holding the direction button to emulate the "Eternal Slip" and I noticed it performed very well... So in that case, would you rate this trophy as pure skill or is there luck involved like in having a button not register, etc.

How much did it take you to do it? I find the game is pretty unresponsive during on foot sequences, but I tried to practice for this in a cave with this type of layout, holding the direction button to emulate the "Eternal Slip" and I noticed it performed very well... So in that case, would you rate this trophy as pure skill or is there luck involved like in having a button not register, etc.

Hey mate, well for the story is all about stategy, just like those old school rpg games, try diffent approaches if you stuck In some parts, as for the slippery, it's skill, I don't think is luck heavy, since they don't change like Catherine, you need to learn the patterns and stay 100% focused. The slippery Minigame plays faster than the story segment, so try it after acquiring the mega drive cartridge at the hut in the jungle instead of the story one.

Also try rolling your fingers instead of.pressing then, it really helps.

• Like 1

I just beated the second boss (The Crab), and my new entry just died....I'm so sad

I keep updating my digital diary as I proceed throughout the story...i'm just a bit worried about money.

I've bought everything that was needed in order to get the trophy so far, will I struggle to make enough money for the items set in places we can visit only once or twice ?

I just beated the second boss (The Crab), and my new entry just died....I'm so sad

I keep updating my digital diary as I proceed throughout the story...i'm just a bit worried about money.

I've bought everything that was needed in order to get the trophy so far, will I struggle to make enough money for the items set in places we can visit only once or twice ?

You won't struggle for most of the game. Did you set the encounter rate to 2x as I advised? That is essential to a good economy. Also, you will most likely struggle in Verahansha, because there is so many things to buy, nonetheless there is a basement where you should farm for money. Keep the list tight man, I am paying for not doing one... Thought you could return to Verahansha and forgot to buy 2 potions that aren't sold anywhere else. Now I have a lot of cash but no other place to buy them, I will attempt to get everything on NG+ by buying lots of stuff to resell at the start of the game, and maybe using a double save.

• Like 1

Exactly mate, don't panic, the only trouble you may find is in verahansha since there's three huge parts, dont forget to buy the three items at the "ring" side quest, is right at the beginning of the second area, also you can grind at the basement, will end it up killing two birds with two stones since it will help on the grind for 600 battles.

I didn't use a checklist and I got it, off course I looked and talked with every npc, you can do it. Also you need one of each item, not all for every npcs, I ended up buying all of then, just wanted you to know that trough

Edited by Mah2c

-I'm participating in the 10 Plats In A Single Day challenge. How does this work with that? If you're using Pier Solar as one of your 10 plats to pop in January, I'll consider all but one trophy a successful completion for this event, provided you complete the Eternal Slip mini-game. There's two trophies for that mini-game, but you have to apparently do both in a single shot; even though there's a checkpoint in the middle of it, the checkpoint is not a save point. So you'll have to pick another trophy to hold back on.

Yeah, you can do that. As long as it's not the trophies for the Eternal Slip game (which would be a cop out), I'll consider all but one trophy a successful completion as a nod to the platinum rain event. I'll add that to the original post.

Thnx for the link to the platinum rain event, much appreciated. I'll add a link to this event too, so we can do PSNP's first cross-over event :highfive:. Good luck with platting Pier Solar.

Edit:

Added it, let me know if some important info is missing and I'll add it.

• Like 2

Exactly mate, don't panic, the only trouble you may find is in verahansha since there's three huge parts, dont forget to buy the three items at the "ring" side quest, is right at the beginning of the second area, also you can grind at the basement, will end it up killing two birds with two stones since it will help on the grind for 600 battles.

I didn't use a checklist and I got it, off course I looked and talked with every npc, you can do it. Also you need one of each item, not all for every npcs, I ended up buying all of then, just wanted you to know that trough

Thanks for the tips  :)

May I ask you where are those items at the ring sidequest ?

Are they mentioned in Tim's guide ?

Also I found this:

"Out of these 59 shops three of these aren't mentioned in Tim333's guide. You'll find the first shop in the Verahansha Library, after the events that take place speak to the attendant again for the shop. The second shop is the man's clothing vendor located in the women's clothing house. The third shop is accessed by speaking with the man in The Trench just north of the save point." 

Are those three shops available since I first arrive in Verahansha ?

Edit: I just realized, reading through the usual guide how far is Verahansha  :D  (quite far)

I'm wondering what is the point of no return for the shops (until i get this meteomobile)? The "shop-a-holic"" guide says the shop in Meho Rocks...but reading tim's guide I haven't seen any shop in any of the designed areas.

Edited by Re-LoreLink