Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

You can move me to the actual participants section, damon. I'm on sick leave now so no work until Monday, meaning I'll have time to play this (and Tuesday is a day off as well) :P Already started though right now I'm just fooling around with encounter rate x8 in the forest.

I also know for a fact I missed at least one chest in Verahansha but I've read in a couple different places you don't actually need every single chest for Indiana Hoston so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

I don't know for sure since I haven't played far enough yet, but I believe the trophy guide info says the ones you can skip are the master key and final dungeon ones.

I don't know for sure since I haven't played far enough yet, but I believe the trophy guide info says the ones you can skip are the master key and final dungeon ones.

That was my initial thought as well, but other people in the trophy guide thread have mentioned still getting the trophy despite having missed random chests, and gotten it either earlier or later than the guide says it's supposed to unlock, so to be honest I have no idea.  If I do get it I'll report back with the point at which it unlocked.  I only *know* of one that I missed, but there was at least one area that had chests that were neither visible on-screen nor showed up on the radar so it's possible there were others.

i think i lost a treasure in a place where i cannot enter anymore.

after the cave adventure 

when they want to go back to the garden, but the little robot brings them to a portal and the party get teleported into a ancient temple, i seen on the radar there is a treasure there, but i think there was no way to it, so i exit to the south and i'm out again with the guards catching me. i tryed to enter again but there is a barricade now, so i'm a screwed or can you enter that place later again? stupid auto-save otherwise a loaded again.

Edited by chellesan

after the cave adventure when they want to go back to the garden, but the little robot brings them to a portal and the party get teleported into a ancient temple, i seen on the radar there is a treasure there, but i think there was no way to it, so i exit to the south and i'm out again with the guards catching me. i tryed to enter again but there is a barricade now,lo so i'm a screwed or can you enter that place later again? stupid auto-save otherwise a loaded again.

does this forum have no spoiler option, i dont find it

It does, do this to make a spoiler bar.

[ spoiler ]*what you want to write is here*[/ spoiler ]

Just take out all of the spaces. If you did it correctly, it should appear like this.

*what you want to write is here*

I just started the game tonight. My first impression says that this game will likely involve me looking up stuff to see where I need to go next, as mentioned already in this thread. That said, I am also enjoying it.

I am taking my time at the moment, fighting battles and learning how everything works. I don't know if I will finish by the end of the month, but I do know that I will have fun with this game. :)

It does, do this to make a spoiler bar.

[ spoiler ]*what you want to write is here*[/ spoiler ]

Just take out all of the spaces. If you did it correctly, it should appear like this.

*what you want to write is here*

If you ever want to not to have to bother with the "remove spaces" instruction, you can use the code tag to give the correct BBcode to people:

[spoiler]Text to hide in spoilers here[/spoiler]

You can use the code tag with the blue "greater than/less than" icon when making your posts or by using the following bbcode:

[code]BBCode you want to show without it doing its effect[/code]
  • Like 2

If you ever want to not to have to bother with the "remove spaces" instruction, you can use the code tag to give the correct BBcode to people:

[spoiler]Text to hide in spoilers here[/spoiler]
You can use the code tag with the blue "greater than/less than" icon when making your posts or by using the following bbcode:

[code]BBCode you want to show without it doing its effect[/code]

I never knew about this. :P I'll be sure to give it to anyone who asks next time.

• Like 1

after the cave adventure 

when they want to go back to the garden, but the little robot brings them to a portal and the party get teleported into a ancient temple, i seen on the radar there is a treasure there, but i think there was no way to it, so i exit to the south and i'm out again with the guards catching me. i tryed to enter again but there is a barricade now, so i'm a screwed or can you enter that place later again? stupid auto-save otherwise a loaded again.

Those chests don't count, also the chests that are in a really dark area, where the lights keep going out, and you face an unique boss to the console version, don't count as well. In short if you get the chests in the guide, you will be set. Know that the chest you missed contains armor that is a little more advanced than what you can get on that point of the adventure, and that you can unlock a minigame that is not required for any trophy as well. In case you wanted to know.

Edited by NICK16_06

Just a question for those that are currently playing. Is the Eternal Slip minigame available from the start? If not, when is it unlocked?

you unlock eternal slip by finding missable mega drive cardridge at the hut in the jungle

also if you have trouble, remember to swipe your fingers across the d pad, not actually press then individually, for a visual help xD

here!!

Pretty sure I screwed something up already with that side quest to return the treasure to the bounty hunter at the Headquarters.

I tried to return it to him just before I crossed the bridge to Oasis to chase down Alina, but he wasn't there. So I'm positive I should've returned to him before I fought the boss in Reja Cave.

So I'll probably restart tomorrow. I was only an hour and a half into the game anyway.

the guy is there, is after you get Alina back, he'll stay there until you can't go back after Teusa

Progress update now that the event is officially underway:

I'm a pretty good ways into my first playthrough, now at the point where I can backtrack to some of the earlier areas.  I haven't been following a step-by-step guide, but I have been keeping tabs on the trophy guide for missables.  But despite that I still managed to miss one of the spellbooks (protip: they're not all in chests or shops) so I'll just chalk that up to "whoops".  I also know for a fact I missed at least one chest in Verahansha but I've read in a couple different places you don't actually need every single chest for Indiana Hoston so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

I started early because I was worried about how long Eternal Slip was going to take, so after unlocking it I fired it up with the intent to "practice it a bit"... and ended up clearing it after only a few failures.  So I guess I was worried over nothing.  It's not nearly as difficult as it looks.

Going to try and finish off my first play this weekend, if I can.  Assuming I get Shopaholic and Indiana Hoston, and don't screw anything else up, I should just have a quick second run for Tim's Way, the other ending, and that one book I missed.

you need all chests apart from the last dungeon, indiana houston will pop before entering the castle. 

Let's hope the trophy will still pop for you.

• Like 1

so i lost like 1h of progress because the auto-save didnt work, but now i got that treasure from that place, now i will always use the real save function when exiting the game, never trust the auto-save lol

Embarrasing to admit, but I'm 3 hours in and only just now figured out that the gold disks on the ground that you find in towns and certain dungeons are save points. That wasn't really adequately explained in the game.

Embarrasing to admit, but I'm 3 hours in and only just now figured out that the gold disks on the ground that you find in towns and certain dungeons are save points. That wasn't really adequately explained in the game.

I discovered that completely by accident, as well. I think I will be doing lots of trial and error and accidental learning.

Didn't play Pier Solar tonight, to finish up Smart As for the nonviolence day event. I am planning on playing it some more one night this weekend (probably tomorrow), but probably not both. Dan will be wanting his Witcher, and we only have one television hooked up during the renovations.

The original Genesis version of the game had about 25 fewer chests than the HD port. I believe The Indiana Houston trophy is based off the original number. People who were super anal got it quite a bit earlier than I ended up getting it. I missed a couple chests that I know of, and probably missed a couple others. You can use the open spell once you get it to see if there is anything within your screen to get. And once you get bright mind use it constantly. I was pretty worried about it but it popped and I still opened like 15 chests after that. (I wasn't following Tims guide btw)

Like Mah2c said, collect the MD carts and you'll unlock the Eternal Slip. Just don't delete the save where you've collected them or you'll lose it. When you start NG+ it starts in a new save slot so don't worry.

The original Genesis version of the game had about 25 fewer chests than the HD port. I believe The Indiana Houston trophy is based off the original number. People who were super anal got it quite a bit earlier than I ended up getting it. I missed a couple chests that I know of, and probably missed a couple others. You can use the open spell once you get it to see if there is anything within your screen to get. And once you get bright mind use it constantly. I was pretty worried about it but it popped and I still opened like 15 chests after that. (I wasn't following Tims guide btw)

This does indeed seem to be the case, I just got the trophy after opening a random chest in Cliboe's Dimension and as far as I can tell I've still got a ways to go.  That should at least serve as some comfort for anyone else worried about missing out on the trophy due to accidentally missing one chest in the middle of nowhere.

So i got the trophie for 100 battles, i'm surprised it comes so fast, I play with battle x2, at this rate I have 600 battles in a few days

Yeah, by upping encounter rate you'll get it a lot faster (the trophy guide writer apparently didn't even get to 300 before the end of the game on the original settings). I had been playing with x8 just for fun and got to 300 five battles after getting my fourth party member in the canyon parts. I've since switched down to x4 (sometimes x2) due to party members not scaling and monsters scaling with the levels (not sure if it's average or based on highest level as one character reaching level 20 was enough to make enemies take two extra hits to die).

EDIT: Lost nearly two hours of progress when the PS4 version crashed again right before reaching the lodge in the Pine Forest :P Kind of wish I had enabled Auto-Save in there now.

Edited by zadorvp