Let's Get The Pier Solar and the Great Architects Plat

i didnt now enemies scales with your level? so fast levling can be bad then

They definitely do though whether or not it will matter much depends on your current equipment and the type of enemies & their attacks (Pine Forest right now, for example, is super easy even with characters level 18-24, but the area where the Mama Turtles first appeared was quite a bit more difficult since it featured enemies with poison attacks, multi-attacks, and flying enemies all while not giving good enough equipments from chests).

If anyone is so inclined to watch, I've been recording my playthrough of Pier Solar through Twitch and left links in my About Me here.

Anyways, it seems like I've been grinding just the right amount, because for the last two new companions I've met, I've coincidentally been the same exact level as they were. That encounter rate adjuster is real handy for when I need to grind some cash for equipment though.

Edited by damon8r351

If anyone is so inclined to watch, I've been recording my playthrough of Pier Solar through Twitch and left links in my About Me here.

Anyways, it seems like I've been grinding just the right amount, because for the last two new companions I've met, I've coincidentally been the same exact level as they were. That encounter rate adjuster is real handy for when I need to grind some cash for equipment though.

I watched the one where you were going to Meho. Your levels certainly do seem about right as the enemies deal ok damage and go down fairly fast :) I on the other hand have the original trio at level 24 and the two new party members at 18 (although the two of them are now basically among the best party members due to their new weapons - one of them even got me my first gather 5 ability).

For those wondering about the chests. You absolutely only need the ones in the Gamefaqs guide. I didn't pick up a lot of chests on missable areas. At least 4. And still got the trophy even before when the PS3 guide says.

Good to know. I'll still attempt to open them all (I see no reason not to).

I watched the one where you were going to Meho. Your levels certainly do seem about right as the enemies deal ok damage and go down fairly fast :) I on the other hand have the original trio at level 24 and the two new party members at 18 (although the two of them are now basically among the best party members due to their new weapons - one of them even got me my first gather 5 ability).

I got to that level by setting the encounter rate to 8 in Reja Forest, exploring the place entirely by getting all the treasure chests, then left to return the treasure to the bounty hunter. When I came back to the Forest, I set the encounter rate back to 2 and played through the entire Cave that way. I was close to level 7 by the time I finished the boss fight. I keep it at level 2 and raise it to 8 long enough to get enough cash to buy everything I need to for that one trophy at each new village.

I got to that level by setting the encounter rate to 8 in Reja Forest, exploring the place entirely by getting all the treasure chests, then left to return the treasure to the bounty hunter. When I came back to the Forest, I set the encounter rate back to 2 and played through the entire Cave that way. I was close to level 7 by the time I finished the boss fight. I keep it at level 2 and raise it to 8 long enough to get enough cash to buy everything I need to for that one trophy at each new village.

That sounds like a pretty good strategy. I ran with x8 until I got the fourth party member, then switched down to x4 and have since lowered it to x2 while at times still alternating with x4 (and sometimes off if I'm in an area where the enemies are way too strong due to scaling). Current levels are 27, 27, 27, 22, and 19 - the enemies in my current area don't pose much threat even with scaling and give huge amounts of experience. Not sure if bosses scale (their health at least doesn't seem to), but the optional boss in the arena (for example) was very easy with big levels.

Word of warning to everyone when they get to Assac: you will automatically leave the location if you approach the docks by accident after talking to a certain NPC, so make sure to avoid the docks until you're done there (it's a one-time location  Scratch that, you come back one more time :P).

Edited by zadorvp

aargh these tentackle enemies with there laserbeams i hate them, they can erase a very good party into a dead party in a few minutes, i need to grind them because there is a weaponshop nearby and i need money for the weapons

Edited by chellesan

aargh these tentackle enemies with there laserbeams i hate them, they can erase a very good party into a dead party in a few minutes, i need to grind them because there is a weaponshop nearby and i need money for the weapons

If you watch my videos, you'll notice I switch to Defend a lot. What this does is cause your party to anticipate enemy attacks and a lot of times they'll avoid it completely and then counterattack. I'll do this a lot when there's a lot of flying enemies, a big group of enemies, or if I get Ambushed, because a character without a weapon that can directly attack flying enemies can still counterattack them. In this case, if you switch to Defend with those enemies in a group, you'll avoid attacks from ground enemies while Alina kills off those laser enemies, which should be your first priority. You'll get another ally in Katsa that can also attack flying enemies and also has an Air-based spell that makes quick work of them. Edessot's Fire spell also works well, but you'll have to Gather for one turn first. Also, if you still have some of Edessot's Stones, he can throw them at those enemies. When you get to Zohonka, I highly recommend buying as many Towels as you can afford, those cut water damage by 50%, and those enemies are water based.

If you watch my videos, you'll notice I switch to Defend a lot.

There are a couple accessories that really help with this.  I think they're called armlets.  I dropped everybody back so they get attacked less, except for Hosten and Edessot, equipped them with an Armlet type accessory each and had them defend any time there were more than 3 enemies.  Works like a charm.

Got my 600 battles trophy earlier, so yay for a gold trophy :P Now the current enemies have all been easy no matter how many levels I gain. Their attack power doesn't go up enough (they do hit hard if I go without the elemental accessories though) and I keep dealing good damage all the time so currently it's a breeze again *_* Due to the elements associated with each party member, taking a turn gathering and then using the appropriate multi-attacks also makes all fights end very fast.

I also tested the auto-battle system for a couple of fights when I was grinding money (I did have enough for everything in Verahansha, but I didn't have any money left afterwards so I grinded it back up to the 40k's) and I have to say it's really bad/buggy (at least in the PS4 version) :P Switched the AI options to only allow attacks (disabling gathering, spells, and items) and despite that, the following was true for each fight:

• They would spend time gathering
  • Alina would usually spend turns doing nothing at all (possibly defending though she never countered any attackers) until she had more than 2+ gather (at which point she would use ice blast constantly) or needed to heal someone
  • They would cast healing spells even after losing minimal health amounts (the party member with the healing ability that heals everyone would even use it if only one or two characters had lost small amounts of health)
  • Edessot would go through his entire inventory of throwing items (this technically doesn't count since those *are* attacks but it's still a waste when he could have just done the regular attack to kill an already weakened enemy instead of overkilling with napalm)

Thankfully they never used any inventory items, so that's at least working.

There's 10 entries for Recent Players down on the right when you look at a game's trophy list here. When you look at the trophy list for this game on PS4, 6 out of 10 of the Recent Players are people participating in this event. When I saw that I was all like:

393291818062bee62719d3812621c69c13160361

Also, 3 out of 10 of the Recent Players over at the PS3 version are participants here.

Anyway, in a single weekend I managed to make it from Oasis all the way to being about to leave Teusa for the long trek to Querkon and beyond.

• Like 2

Frusturating trophies..somehow I missed a shop item even following the guide, so I have to do a 3rd play-through, then I will have to do a 4th for only mandatory battles..I think I will have every line memorized soon   :unsure:

I saw you were close to getting the platinum, do you want to be an official participant? You don't get anything special, just the plat and the opportunity to bask in the shared awesomeness. :P

• Like 1

Just earned the platinum.  Took around 30 hours over the course of two weekends and was a lot smoother than I expected.  So, I guess I'm on cheerleader duty for the rest of the event.  Go Team Go~✰

Frusturating trophies..somehow I missed a shop item even following the guide, so I have to do a 3rd play-through, then I will have to do a 4th for only mandatory battles..I think I will have every line memorized soon   :unsure:

I ended up just buying one of every item from every shop to be safe.  Takes a bit more grinding for gold but I don't really trust myself not to accidentally overlook something.  Even with a checklist for missables I ended up missing the Pyro Pages book but thankfully that was just a quick pick-up the second time around.

• Like 3

I saw you were close to getting the platinum, do you want to be an official participant? You don't get anything special, just the plat and the opportunity to bask in the shared awesomeness. :P

Sure count me in. That'd be cool  :)

Just earned the platinum.  Took around 30 hours over the course of two weekends and was a lot smoother than I expected.  So, I guess I'm on cheerleader duty for the rest of the event.  Go Team Go~✰

I ended up just buying one of every item from every shop to be safe.  Takes a bit more grinding for gold but I don't really trust myself not to accidentally overlook something.  Even with a checklist for missables I ended up missing the Pyro Pages book but thankfully that was just a quick pick-up the second time around.

Yeah I think I will end up doing that just to be safe & i will make a paper list and cross them off as I go maybe. Cheerleading much appreciated  B)

Watermelon Games sent me an email this morning saying that they'll begin shipping out reprint cartridges and strategy guides "shortly", which to me means not soon enough to be of any use in finishing this game.

Also...

Congrats on the plat.

Yeah I think I will end up doing that just to be safe & i will make a paper list and cross them off as I go maybe. Cheerleading much appreciated  B)

Check the first post, I have linked a checklist for Shop-a-holic that tells you what to buy at certain shops and how much it is. If you followed Tim333's guide, you'll miss some things because he was playing the Mega Drive version and the Playstation version has a few extra shops.

Edited by damon8r351

So I started to play yesterday evening, and here are a few things I have noticed.

The game tells you nothing about how to play.  It took me a few fights to get the hang of it.  I do not recommend anyone behind me use Auto, as it burns mp (or whatever this game calls it) unnecessarily.  I noticed this morning that you can change it, I just haven't been on the game to look into that further.  I also have not found a way to restore MP outside of using items, so after a few fights, I cannot heal anymore.  It is slow progress.

I am sure this has been said before, but Radar is very helpful.  I leave it on all the time, as it doesn't seem to cost anything, and it helps to not miss any chests.

Save Save Save.  I was trying to backtrack a little into the first cave (after the events that take place) because I knew that I was missing a chest, and my game crashed.  I am not sure how much progress I lost, as I have a habit of saving every time I see a save spot (which by the way I only know is a save spot because I thought it was a gold coin and I tried to pick it up), but we will see when I get on next.

Last and certainly not least, I get the feeling that we will be able to guess where bosses are, by a save spot shortly before them.  I have only fought one boss, but it had the save right outside its room.  Use that to your benefit, so that you know you are prepared.

I am enjoying the game so far, but I will say that it is stressful having so many miss-able trophies.  I am afraid to make too much progress at the risk of missing something.  That is how I missed the chest in the caves, I though the door to it was further on, and then I ended up not being able to go back.  Maybe I will be able to get back in the following morning, who knows.

Last and certainly not least, I get the feeling that we will be able to guess where bosses are, by a save spot shortly before them.  I have only fought one boss, but it had the save right outside its room.  Use that to your benefit, so that you know you are prepared.

That hearkens back to the old days of the old Final Fantasies etc, when if you saw a save point in the middle of a dungeon and a merchant selling potions nearby, it WAS ABOUT...TO GO DOWN. :P

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I have decided that I am going to make a checklist as I go along with everything that I collect, and all the shops I go to.  When I am done, if nobody else has made a guide, I will likely make one myself and upload it.  It will not be done in time for anyone to use for this event, but it will be there for anyone to use in the future.

• Like 2

I have decided that I am going to make a checklist as I go along with everything that I collect, and all the shops I go to.  When I am done, if nobody else has made a guide, I will likely make one myself and upload it.  It will not be done in time for anyone to use for this event, but it will be there for anyone to use in the future.

I've been planning on doing a trophy guide as soon as I get this strategy guide from Watermelon Games I bought. Between that and the Twitch videos I've been doing, I think it'll be pretty thorough. But don't expect that to be of any use to us, it'll be for the people we've blazed the path for later on.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I've been planning on doing a trophy guide as soon as I get this strategy guide from Watermelon Games I bought. Between that and the Twitch videos I've been doing, I think it'll be pretty thorough. But don't expect that to be of any use to us, it'll be for the people we've blazed the path for later on.

Well then that saves me all the extra work.  I will continue to make my sheet as I go along, and I will show it to you when I am done.  If it is of any use to you, maybe you can add it to your guide somewhere.

Well then that saves me all the extra work.  I will continue to make my sheet as I go along, and I will show it to you when I am done.  If it is of any use to you, maybe you can add it to your guide somewhere.

Sure, If you want to contribute whatever you have, I'll be sure to credit you in the guide. 

Congratulations on the platinum ^^

Went to work today (really shouldn't have gone, still sick so the 8 hours were just awful) and spent the first hours of my freetime after getting home on building the Lego Dimensions stuff and making food (also watched an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine), but now it's finally time to get back to Pier Solar :D