Riddick online

Since players of Riddick are scarce, and there are many and tricky and grinding trophies to get online, I figured I should arrange online games to be able to get them and also experience more of one of the best online arena first person shooters made. Ever. Yup.

I want to have a thread here to gather folks for discussion, make announcements and let people now that this thing is alive in addition to the gaming sessions I will set up.

I aim to set up sessions 1-2 times a week, once on the weekend and hopefully also once on the weekdays through at least the rest of the year. The ultimate goal is to achieve all online trophies, but I also want to have fun along the way. "Pitch black" is a blast, and I haven't seen anything like it neither before nor after this game, so that is something every owner of this game should experience! I will keep this going for as long as there is an interest. Who knows when the servers will shut down.

I live in EU, which is UTC+2 now until 25th of October and UTC+1 from then on, and I will be available early mornings and late afternoon-early evening during weekdays, and most of the day during weekends.
You may of course set up your own lobbies and/or sessions and invite others to the party. The more the merrier.

I will start this easy and play just for fun at first and gather folks around. On later occasions on we can focus on getting the achievements. Some of them can be really tricky. There is an excellent guide on GameFAQs that explains the requirements of all trophies but one (search for "GEN8"). I still don't know what is required for the "Advanced Weapon Handling" trophy though. Addition: apparently there is a small description/list of requirements of every trophy in the game under the "Trophies" menu reached from the main menu. Missed this before :)
At the end it will mostly be a meat grinder to achieve 10 000 kills and 1000 won matches.
Winning matches might be easier if we play in teams, since hopefully everyone on the winning team gets a win, but this remains to be verified.

[There are and will be gaming sessions. Some claim linking to individual gaming sessions are not allowed, and since there is no link to gaming sessions for a specific game, only specific sessions, you will have to find it yourself. (Psst! on the right side here, right above the "recent forum posts" box)] Please apply and ask any questions regarding a specific sessions in the specific session.

This thread is for general discussions about playing Riddick online. Cheers!

Edited by Guenter Gorgeous

You already made a status update about your session before and no one replied or joined. Don't create threads about boosting (nor gaming sessions) because that defeats the whole point. We get that the online is dead, but how you are expecting to gather people then? You have no other option but wait. It took me a month to find people for BattleFantasia as well, so I understand your pain.

Explore the other site menu options and you'll see this useful feature:
Gaming Sessions
Set your session there.

He already did:

The grand premiere will be on this Sunday 27th of September 16:30UTC. Please apply and ask any question regarding that session here: https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/67667-The-Chronicles-of-Riddick-Assault-on-Dark-Athena
This thread is for general discussions about playing Riddick online. Cheers!

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Oh come on, this is not for a single occasion, this thread is for Riddick online in general. Did you even read?

Gaming sessions are wonderful for what it is, but you cannot quite discuss stuff there, which is the purpose of this thread, since the sessions content vanishes after the session is over. And it is a quite stiff tool for when few people are around and doesn't get that much attention either because of the time limit.

Even though no-one answers here or on the gaming session right away or even for weeks, there are a few of us that will play and are playing. But I want this to be public.

There are people out there that comes by this game on PSNP maybe just once a month, once a quarter or even once a year, and that maybe happens to be soon, so I want them to know that this game, not session is alive and give them a chance to join in and know what the deal is. And let me know theirs. And maybe come up with stuff. You know, discuss.

Communicating in general via gaming sessions is very stiff and not quite the purpose of it. Sure, I could pretend gaming sessions are like forums and copy things written there, both by myself and others, on my computer and then copy it back for every time I make a new session and sometimes rewrite it because there is a character limit. But why do that when there is a forum? That feels pretty retarded. Or have I got things that wrong?

• Like 3

Oh come on, this is not for a single occasion, this thread is for Riddick online in general. Did you even read?

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/28049-boosting-threads-are-they-or-arent-they-allowed/

Read. Chances are, you are not going to be around this thread when you are done with this game. This game isn't alive, there is one person here and there wanting to play.

If you want to discuss the game, edit your post and remove everything that links it to your gaming session. Threads like that are allowed and encouraged to be done. Threads promoting boosting sessions, like the one you have here, are not.

Edited by TheYuriG

Awww. Poor Guenter. I feel your pain bro. I might be able to help you get a few of the small tricky trophies with my crew. But your kills/wins will have to be done with a buddy who needs it. Really, you are going to have to find somebody, preferably near your time zone, who also needs this.

Luckily for you, you only need one other guy for most of it. Once you find a dedicated partner, hit me up. You need to go vs 4 for a couple requirements, if my memory serves me.

Only issue with using me and my buddies is, we are all gmt -8/-9.

Good luck.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/28049-boosting-threads-are-they-or-arent-they-allowed/

Read. Chances are, you are not going to be around this thread when you are done with this game. This game isn't alive, there is one person here and there wanting to play.

If you want to discuss the game, edit your post and remove everything that links it to your gaming session. Threads like that are allowed and encouraged to be done. Threads promoting boosting sessions, like the one you have here, are not.

I do not interpret that to that mention of anything online play related to availability among players is unallowed. Well, I'm not like you then, my dear. And are you implying that making a thread about a game that is almost dead is undesirable?

I made some changes anyway though. I'm somewhat pragmatic and thinks that a self-censored thread is better than no thread, sadly. Happy now?

Awww. Poor Guenter. I feel your pain bro. I might be able to help you get a few of the small tricky trophies with my crew. But your kills/wins will have to be done with a buddy who needs it. Really, you are going to have to find somebody, preferably near your time zone, who also needs this.

Luckily for you, you only need one other guy for most of it. Once you find a dedicated partner, hit me up. You need to go vs 4 for a couple requirements, if my memory serves me.

Only issue with using me and my buddies is, we are all gmt -8/-9.

Good luck.

Thanks mate. I know a few that will play, so it looks hopeful :)

You know how to get the trophy "Advanced weapon handling"?

And sorry for the "spam". Had no idea you where on PSNP.

Edited by Guenter Gorgeous

I do not interpret that to that mention of anything online play related to availability among players is unallowed. Well, I'm not like you then, my dear. And are you implying that making a thread about a game that is almost dead is undesirable?

I made some changes anyway though. I'm somewhat pragmatic and thinks that a self-censored thread is better than no thread, sadly. Happy now?

I'll let this thread stay for the time being as long as it remains just about discussing the online play. If it turns into a boosting thread then it's gone.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone :)

I have just finished the online portion of the game (seems this title isn't affected by GDPR). 

The guide on playstationtrophies.org was written very well, there is only little to add here.

Once you are going for the 10k kills / 1000 wins, make sure to utilize the idle-boosting method outlined in the guide. 

An additional aspect I made use of is that you can simply auto-fire triangle as well (so with your main account you auto-fire R2 and triangle, with the secondary account you fire triangle only). By doing it this way, you are able to skip the 20 second waiting time in the lobby after each match as both accounts are set to "ready".

This will save you around 20 seconds * 990 matches (approx. matches to play after having boosted the remaining trophies) = 19800 seconds = 330 minutes, and by that quite a bit of money for electricity, over the course of the boosting process.

Best of success to you!

Greetings from Germany :) 

In which mode? 

• 1 year later...
On 03.06.2018 at 0:54 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone :)

I have just finished the online portion of the game (seems this title isn't affected by GDPR). 

The guide on playstationtrophies.org was written very well, there is only little to add here.

Once you are going for the 10k kills / 1000 wins, make sure to utilize the idle-boosting method outlined in the guide. 

An additional aspect I made use of is that you can simply auto-fire triangle as well (so with your main account you auto-fire R2 and triangle, with the secondary account you fire triangle only). By doing it this way, you are able to skip the 20 second waiting time in the lobby after each match as both accounts are set to "ready".

This will save you around 20 seconds * 990 matches (approx. matches to play after having boosted the remaining trophies) = 19800 seconds = 330 minutes, and by that quite a bit of money for electricity, over the course of the boosting process.

Best of success to you!

Greetings from Germany :) 

Hello mate, so how you do you autoboost session?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, SecondGenesis said:

How many people required to boost?

Some trophies will require 4 people minimum (‘Hero’ and ‘Funwrecker’) as you need to play the Butcher Bay Riot game mode to complete some requirements, and you need 4 people to start a game. Other trophies will require 3 people minimum for double kills. The lengthy boosting for the wins and kills will only require 2 people.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Some trophies will require 4 people minimum (‘Hero’ and ‘Funwrecker’) as you need to play the Butcher Bay Riot game mode to complete some requirements, and you need 4 people to start a game. Other trophies will require 3 people minimum for double kills. The lengthy boosting for the wins and kills will only require 2 people.

Awesome, thanks for that :)

• Like 1