Muv Luv localization (kickstarter)

Theladozz

Apparently the muv luv vn series is getting localized for pc, and among the stretch goals there is a ps vita port. It's at $500k, but seeing that the base goal of 250k was reached in 7 hours I'm pretty sure that's manageable. IIrc they said it would only be digital which is a shame, but it's better than nothing as ML Alternative is one of the big must read vns. I'm fairly skeptical about the vita port so I wouldn't recommend backing the kickstarter ( I hate kickstarters in general anyway ), but it would be cool if it happened nonetheless. There will probably be more news about that once it reaches 500k. Here is the kickstarter page for more info https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series.

The kickstarter has finished with every stretch goal unlocked and $1,255,444 pledged. Holy moly, that's some seriois money.

Edited by theladozz
  • Like 3

I would kind of like to read it on Vita. Honestly they could launch 18+ version of store on Vita and release eroge there (in JP ofc). Surely it would make enough cash.

Oh, there was a PSV port?! I totally missed that. I thought it would be PC only.

Want, want, want. Even as digital only.

But seeing how Project Sekai did not manage to convince Sony to port Clannad, I'm a bit worried.

I still have no idea where you got the idea that Clannad was supposed to be on Vita. Yea, it has Vita port in jp but in its kikestarter is no mention of it. Though I'm worried too considering that up to this point we have zero info on Grisaia Vita ports unless I missed something

I still have no idea where you got the idea that Clannad was supposed to be on Vita. Yea, it has Vita port in jp but in its kikestarter is no mention of it. Though I'm worried too considering that up to this point we have zero info on Grisaia Vita ports unless I missed something

I told you I read it somewhere...

But yea, Grisaia is another thing.

I told you I read it somewhere...

But yea, Grisaia is another thing.

"I read it somwhere" doesn't make it true. The chance is same that you just think you read it or misunderstood something and I'll take it that way until I find something to prove otherwise.

Edited by KurodaKyousuke
  • Like 1

Oh, there was a PSV port?! I totally missed that. I thought it would be PC only.

Want, want, want. Even as digital only.

But seeing how Project Sekai did not manage to convince Sony to port Clannad, I'm a bit worried.

I don't know if you know but Sekai Project is porting Clannad with English Text and Japanese voicing to Steam soon for 39.99

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/01/muv-luv-kickstarter-hits-android-and-playstation-vita-stretch-goals/

Vita kitaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Now to hope for physical version which... will probably not happen xD

They updated their FAQ and it says

Will there be a physical release of the PS VITA port?

・We're looking into details with Sony, we may have some good news soon! smile.png

・If you have further concerns let us know and we'll update this part of the FAQ. smile.png

Before this something like "we're not planning a physical realease because massive production of chips would be too expensive or whatever was written there so there is hope :D.

I think it's interesting how well the kickstarter is doing despite muv luv having pretty much no anime fanbase. I mean it topped clannad's kickstarter and that has a huge anime fandom because of the really good adaptation. Not that I'm complaining, I really want this to succeed.

They updated their FAQ and it says

Oooooo, much hope, hype and hipe.

Before this something like "we're not planning a physical realease because massive production of chips would be too expensive or whatever was written there so there is hope :D.

I think it's interesting how well the kickstarter is doing despite muv luv having pretty much no anime fanbase. I mean it topped clannad's kickstarter and that has a huge anime fandom because of the really good adaptation. Not that I'm complaining, I really want this to succeed.

More boobs? xD

• 2 weeks later...

Physical Vita Tiers are now available!

Just a short update - due to the enormous amounts of requests we've been receiving from people in and outside of Kickstarter, we have looked into releasing physical versions of Muv-Luv for the PS Vita... and we're quite happy to say your efforts aren't in vain, for new physical Vita tiers are now available!

$80 -【Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita Physical Bundle】

Experience the full glory of the Muv-Luv series!

・Receive a complete physical copy of the trilogy for the PS Vita!

$150 - 【Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box - PS Vita Edition】

・Receive a physical copy of the Muv-Luv trilogy for the PS Vita in a signed collector’s display box!

・Comes with a Kickstarter Special Artbook full of prototypes and exclusive content!

・You’ll also get the Master OST Collection of the trilogy in a physical DVD format!

Note: Pledging $150 or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1379874?ref=dash

=)

Edited by crimsonidol-de

I suppose that way is the only way how to get a physical version... does anyone know the possible price of the game?

80 bucks seems a bit expensive, but on the other hand it's the whole trilogy.

Most likely it will be the only way, but it might be released normally, too:

Minor Announcement: Physical Vita(EN) cartridges are _almost_ limited to the KS. It may take time before we _look into_ regular EN release.

http://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/655049448993652736

So let's hope for the best. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would kind of like to read it on Vita. Honestly they could launch 18+ version of store on Vita and release eroge there (in JP ofc). Surely it would make enough cash.

I have pledged for a lot of their projects and other VN's on Kickstarter at one stage they announced to pledges that they were looking into getting Clannad for the vita but it never got anymore major news no matter how many fans asked for updates so in the end most people just gave up

Edited by fisty123

They reached the photon pc localization goal. If they announce a localization for the photons for vita as well, someone quote me to let me know.

It's ps3 localization plus pc port. vndb calims that Vita versions of these are part of collector's box but I kind of doubt that.

I have pledged for a lot of their projects and other VN's on Kickstarter at one stage they announced to pledges that they were looking into getting Clannad for the vita but it never got anymore major news no matter how many fans asked for updates so in the end most people just gave up

I couldn't actually find anything about that so I guess I suck at searching or they deleted it on Clannad's kikestarter.

But cool, this only keeps confirming that there is a demand for VNs in the West =)

Well, that was implied even by MangaGamer and JustUSA keeping (even though just barely) on market. For that matter Sekai plays it awfully safe going for quite popular titles that are known even in west and most of them are already unofficially translated anyway.