Muv Luv localization (kickstarter)

Theladozz

Glad I seen this post I forgot all about adding on the extra $80 for the both the Vita and PC copies. Still spending so much money on two VN's that I have already finished reading is rather silly when I think about it.

I may have also done it on a few other kickstarter campaigns of theirs as well....... Ah well

Edited by fisty123

Planning on getting the vita physical for myself. Gonna be the first kickstarted I ever backed lols. Kind iffy on it because of that with all the news about the random kick starters that have issues and all that. Especially with the delays that I heard Sekai Project has. I haven't even heard of Muv Luv before this.  -_- Highest rated visual novel ever on the vndb... Hopefully this shows that the west is open to visual novels and I can finally own a legitimate copy of my favorite type-moon visual novels... A guy can have dreams...

Planning on getting the vita physical for myself. Gonna be the first kickstarted I ever backed lols. Kind iffy on it because of that with all the news about the random kick starters that have issues and all that. Especially with the delays that I heard Sekai Project has. I haven't even heard of Muv Luv before this.  -_- Highest rated visual novel ever on the vndb... Hopefully this shows that the west is open to visual novels and I can finally own a legitimate copy of my favorite type-moon visual novels... A guy can have dreams...

Reasons for most Kickstarter problems come from new developers that try to work for their game's perfection so they don't upset backers.

This game on the other hand, already exists. They just need to translate it.

Well, it got to 900k earlier than I expected. Now it's bound to raise over a million and, who knows, maybe more than 1.1 or 1.2kk.

I'd love to own good English and legit translations of all those Type Moon VNs, but I don't think it's happening for a while - if ever ;___;

I've pretty much started to resort to learning Japanese and just importing the Vita versions of F/SN and F/HA (and the eventual Tsukihime remake).

Reasons for most Kickstarter problems come from new developers that try to work for their game's perfection so they don't upset backers.

This game on the other hand, already exists. They just need to translate it.

Mainly issues with Might Number 9 and Sekai Project. Both had/have seemingly trustworthy names behind them and both projects are having issues. Mighty #9 with a bunch of postponements with their launch date and the director(?) launching another kickstarted before Mighty #9 was even finished. And Sekai Project also launching multiple kick starters without their games out yet. They just recently posted up another kickstarted too about some loli-vampire. 

Well, it got to 900k earlier than I expected. Now it's bound to raise over a million and, who knows, maybe more than 1.1 or 1.2kk.

I'd love to own good English and legit translations of all those Type Moon VNs, but I don't think it's happening for a while - if ever ;___;

I've pretty much started to resort to learning Japanese and just importing the Vita versions of F/SN and F/HA (and the eventual Tsukihime remake).

Seems like great minds think alike  :wave: I'm taking a semester of Japanese right now but its going to take a while before I can read something like a visual novel... I'll get to a decent level eventually.. one day... I hope  Figure out the menus for Japanese vera. of Project Diva f is taking a lot of effort already 

Seems like great minds think alike  :wave: I'm taking a semester of Japanese right now but its going to take a while before I can read something like a visual novel... I'll get to a decent level eventually.. one day... I hope  Figure out the menus for Japanese vera. of Project Diva f is taking a lot of effort already 

Yeah, it's quite the endevour :| . I can read some stuff here and there, but the momeny kanjis get into the mix it becomes hell. One of these days I'll start the PSP version of FF2 again but in Japanese and see how I fare :lol: .

One thing's for sure, though: persistance a huge factor lol.

Yea, I don't think there was any goal for Vita versions.

There wasn't though there may be possibility of it being eventually released if it does well on Vita. We got normal trilogy on Vita as stretch goal only because it was planned to bereleased on Vita in jp anyway (this is more or less guess so if I'm wrong correct me) and based on how well the port sells in all regions there will be possibility of Vita port. But I wouldn't be willing to bet on that.

Ah shame, would have liked those aswell. Oh well im pretty sure they will get more western releases for VN's in the future.

If it's any consolation PS3 version should be localized too. At least it was in the the stretch goal desription. The silent treatment the PS3 versions get now kind of worries me.

If it's any consolation PS3 version should be localized too. At least it was in the the stretch goal desription. The silent treatment the PS3 versions get now kind of worries me.

I think you misunderstood. Degica will localize the port of the PlayStation 3 exclusive Photon Melodies and Photo Flowers to PC, which sucks I guess, but really those are just side stories and even if some ppl consider Altered Fable a sequel to MLA, it's not canon and it's really similar to Extra anyway.

Edited by theladozz

There wasn't though there may be possibility of it being eventually released if it does well on Vita. We got normal trilogy on Vita as stretch goal only because it was planned to bereleased on Vita in jp anyway (this is more or less guess so if I'm wrong correct me) and based on how well the port sells in all regions there will be possibility of Vita port. But I wouldn't be willing to bet on that.

I dont really care wheter they localize the ps3 of ps vita version as longs as one of them gets localized im happy. But with those localizations for the Vita i will atleast give my vita some more attention. (the attention it deserves :( )

I dont really care wheter they localize the ps3 of ps vita version as longs as one of them gets localized im happy. But with those localizations for the Vita i will atleast give my vita some more attention. (the attention it deserves :( )

As I said PS3 version should be released. At least according to stretch goal description.

d7348393fa.png

• 7 months later...

Muv-Luv PS Vita to be released on PSN a few months after Steam release

Good news for our PS Vita backers! The developers are also preparing for Muv-Luv PS Vita release, and we expect it to be done as soon as the PC/Steam version is finalized and ready for physical production.

To help us make this happen earlier, please do report all bugs/errors/typos you can find in-game on our Steam forums, Official forums, or by emailing us at [email protected]!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1593863?ref=backer_project_update

Muv-Luv on Steam will release at the mid of July (link to Steam-page) so the hopes are high that it will release at least this year.

Now I can read it on Steam first and just skip through it on Vita for a fast and easy plat.

JK. I will wait for Vita-version to experience Muv-Luv the first time, without skipping. :awesome:

Edited by Crimson Idol

• 5 months later...

Its on steam now, any chance that we're getting the vita release soon?

Sadly no real new news about it. I'm not active in the forums but according to a linked post dating from the beginning of October they will start porting to Vita after fixing all the bugs on the PC-version. :\

http://community.muvluv.moe/index.php?/topic/624-ps-vita-status-report/

• Like 1

This and Grisaia are just a Joke to all su Vita gamers and that like VN it's ridicolous that after 2? Or Even 3? Years i don't even ask for the game but a news, some images, god we even got Images of Clannad Working on Vita in English at TGS if i rmemeber or was gamescom anyway some months ago and about this 2 Series instead nothing at all.....

Its on steam now, any chance that we're getting the vita release soon?

Someone just has asked on Twitter (due to some other recent tweets) and that's the answer:

.@MathiasAbraham2 PSVita port will be a priority after Muv-Luv Alternative's release. (1/2)
.@MathiasAbraham2 We misjudged the work needed for the patch considering the time it took, so we'll make it a lower priority for MLA. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/799236438776684545

https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/799237011324309504

nd according to another tweet Alternative might release in Spring 2017. :\

@muvluvseries any word on the backer rewards?

--> @Avisch_ They'll be out around mid-2017... That is if we finish Muv-Luv Alternative by February at least >_<

https://twitter.com/Avisch_/status/799226031622201344

Great how all these Kickstarter-VNs work out for Vita so far. If we are lucky we will get a whole bunch of them at the end of 2017.

Someone just has asked on Twitter (due to some other recent tweets) and that's the answer:

https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/799236438776684545

https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/799237011324309504

nd according to another tweet Alternative might release in Spring 2017. :\

https://twitter.com/Avisch_/status/799226031622201344

Great how all these Kickstarter-VNs work out for Vita so far. If we are lucky we will get a whole bunch of them at the end of 2017.

Ugh, oh well. I'd rather it be fine then a buggy mess. True though.

• Like 1

Just came in as a Kickstarter-update:

The developers have been working hard to fix the bugs that were reported, and we’re ready to start porting Muv-Luv to PS Vita! We've fixed the following issues for Muv-Luv version 1.15:

Finally! :shakefist:

Oh and these are the covers that will be used for the collector's box:

M7dzbvW.png

9RtJIoE.png

And those will be used for the actual casing of Muv Luv Extra and Unlimited:

zO3OVWd.png

So it will look like like the regular edition of Muv Luv for X360 and PS3.

And this one for Alternative:

38QrN3W.png

That's the cover of the double pack used for the Vita-version of Muv Luv like here:

http://www.play-asia.com/muv-luv-double-pack/13/709bhf

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1712622

Nice to see that the two pictures I voted for have been chosen. :awesome:

Edited by Crimson Idol