Chibi World of Final Fantasy

Satoshi Ookami

I just finished the game Satoshi you'd be happy to know that Hanakana has a singing segment in the credits.  :D

OMG! Cutest thing ever! :D

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'M DYING!

JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER! 

GAME OF THE CENTURY O.O

Even though there is a wrong cast, screw that, I'll only be listening :D

Oh my, oh my, breathing, breathing :D

So cute, so sweet, so godly, so HanaKana. Oh my, this game has it all, nanodesu :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got my platinum (#300 as planned ^^) some days ago, here are some spoilery (some very, some not) thoughts and stuff:

References to FF & Beyond:

• Not only is FF getting so much love, but they also include references and/or things from other Square-Enix games like Xenogears, Ëinhander, and Sigma Harmonics *_*
  • I really liked how certain characters were paired up in ways that referenced both their games (such as Cloud & Celes) and/or had them take roles that made reference to certain plot points in one game (such as Cid & Celes' relationship or the Cornelia Cogna Intervention basically referencing the invasion of Alexandria in IX with Eiko and a Princess whose name is Sarah using a hidden summon contained in the kingdom's castle to try and protect the kingdom)
  • The Tantarian statue and the four Magical Fingertip key items are such fun IX references ^^
  • Yay, Type-0 reference with the Cranberry Knights :D
  • Breaking the fourth wall *_* The English localization even includes jokes about using the same voice actor for all Moogles (might be the same in the Japanese version), Tidus' laughing scene, and the translation of the Reaver Mu in Crystal Chronicles

Character/Game Representation:

• Nothing notable from Final Fantasy II, XII, or XIV (the latter two don't even get referenced once unless I'm forgetting something)... that's a real bummer for me when every other FF (apart from certain spin-offs & XV) is represented at least once. Looks like they decided to use their representation to give FFV a lot of character love :P
  • It was really awesome to see the Zona Seeker used for the first time (XIV doesn't count since it's in name only) since VI... which also means both of the secondary antagonists are from VI (Valigarmanda being the other one; she hasn't "really" been featured since VI either to be honest). Zona Seeker even takes the role of Kefka and Kuja (Finnish Fact: "Kuja" means "Alley") in the backstories of certain FF characters here ^^
  • Takka (Finnish Fact: "Takka" means "Fireplace") and Hyperion were probably the most surprising characters to see in the entire game for me personally
  • I really liked the Intervention mission that paired up Bartz with Rikku, especially when the part where they meet Ifrit
  • Several FF characters are featured very briefly and then promptly forgotten (Rikku perhaps being the biggest offender as she appears in-story once, in two Interventions right after that twice, and then never again) and a large part of them don't show up at all for the dance ending (in fact, the credits crawl is solely for appearances of characters who did not show up at all during the dance ending). Speaking of the dance ending and credits crawl, it's a shame Lillikin forms for Enna Kros and Wyn only exist in those
  • Some characters also have bits of characterization that don't really match up with their origin games, but it's still fine since these are just the "souls" of those characters (the Who's Who does reveal they struggled with this especially when it comes to Yuna).
  • The part in Figaro is one of my favourites since it combines so many FFs *_* Enemies and Figaro Castle/Edgar from VI, Underground Prison is pretty much the D-District Prison from VIII (even featuring Squall), Mako Reactor 0 and Shelke from Dirge of Cerberus, a Boss fight from IX, and Lightning's first story appeareance right before these events.
  • Nibelheim basically just being Midgar instead of Nibelheim (complete with the Honey Bee Inn!) and the Underground Prison/Mako Reactor being Midgar is a bit weird.
  • If Gilgamesh counts as an imprismable Mirage (due to his enemy status in games), then I wish some others would have been imprismable as well (such as the Black Mages... and Zona Seeker :giggle:)
  • I'm really happy to see a Bestiary of sorts (the Mirage Manual) again in a FF game. Those really should come standard ^^
  • I wish they hadn't included the parts confirming that certain characters would not be showing up (outside of being referred to)/existing at all in this game (such as Fat Chocobo, Zangan, and Seifer) since that means there isn't much of a possibility to see them outside of a sequel (the game does imply that Fat Chocobo would be used "next time" and that Serah & Sephiroth may be showing up later/in an "expansion").
  • Superman and Inception are briefly referenced in text, which is not quite as weird to see as the push notifications for Mobius referencing Frozen when it was time to do the Shiva update...
  • WARNING: ENGLISH VOICE ACTING NOT IGNORED FOR THE FOLLOWING PART; PLEASE AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT THE JAPANESE VOICE-OVER: Master Tonberry and Vivi are pretty much perfectly voiced in the English version. I'm happy with both, especially Vivi being a thousand times better than Melissa Disney's version in Kingdom Hearts II. The rest of the cast have been well cast (in my opinion) as well and it's great to yet again see Keith Szarabajka voicing Gilgamesh (although now John DiMaggio needs to do the next Gilgamesh gig so that they'd be back to having equal share of the character :P)

Optional Stuff (Postscript and before):

• I like the fact that Enna Kros' identity is revealed mostly through the Who's Who info and only really alluded to in the main story. This reminded me of how they used to handle some optional revelations in past FFs (such as Squall's parentage, Shadow's identity, Garnet's real name, and Vincent's backstory). Similiarly having non-obvious stuff like how to unlock the Maduin Memento was very old-school FF :P
  • On the topic of Who's Who, it sadly manages to sneak in early spoilers for certain plot events before they're revealed in-game (such as the identity of the Demon Dyad long before the game spells it out; it was rather obvious, but still it would have been preferrable to have it not unlock that text section prior to the actual reveal). Similiarly, the free DLC update for the Omega God Intervention isn't set to unlock *after* the Cogna are revealed, so it and its events (which can, again, be played before that part) can be slightly spoilery (I wonder if it is even available before Eiko is introduced... in which case it also spoils that).
  • I managed to beat Faris & Syldra in the story-based fight (technically that's a lie since they take 0 damage after they reach 0 health at which point Syldra just spams Thunderbolt until you die; I did it with Lightning items and Thunder Beam from Magitek Armor P) and Shantotto in the "you only get one chance at this" Intervention fight (Gravity + any types of Spellstones mostly)
  • It's a bit of a shame there was a trophy for getting all the Mirages since I liked doing that as an optional fun thing in games like X-2, XIII-2, and Ni no Kuni.

That's all I could think of for now :P

• Like 2

Since I got my platinum (#300 as planned ^^) some days ago, here are some spoilery (some very, some not) thoughts and stuff:

References to FF & Beyond:

• Not only is FF getting so much love, but they also include references and/or things from other Square-Enix games like Xenogears, Ëinhander, and Sigma Harmonics *_*
  • I really liked how certain characters were paired up in ways that referenced both their games (such as Cloud & Celes) and/or had them take roles that made reference to certain plot points in one game (such as Cid & Celes' relationship or the Cornelia Cogna Intervention basically referencing the invasion of Alexandria in IX with Eiko and a Princess whose name is Sarah using a hidden summon contained in the kingdom's castle to try and protect the kingdom)
  • The Tantarian statue and the four Magical Fingertip key items are such fun IX references ^^
  • Yay, Type-0 reference with the Cranberry Knights :D
  • Breaking the fourth wall *_* The English localization even includes jokes about using the same voice actor for all Moogles (might be the same in the Japanese version), Tidus' laughing scene, and the translation of the Reaver Mu in Crystal Chronicles

Character/Game Representation:

• Nothing notable from Final Fantasy II, XII, or XIV (the latter two don't even get referenced once unless I'm forgetting something)... that's a real bummer for me when every other FF (apart from certain spin-offs & XV) is represented at least once. Looks like they decided to use their representation to give FFV a lot of character love :P
  • It was really awesome to see the Zona Seeker used for the first time (XIV doesn't count since it's in name only) since VI... which also means both of the secondary antagonists are from VI (Valigarmanda being the other one; she hasn't "really" been featured since VI either to be honest). Zona Seeker even takes the role of Kefka and Kuja (Finnish Fact: "Kuja" means "Alley") in the backstories of certain FF characters here ^^
  • Takka (Finnish Fact: "Takka" means "Fireplace") and Hyperion were probably the most surprising characters to see in the entire game for me personally
  • I really liked the Intervention mission that paired up Bartz with Rikku, especially when the part where they meet Ifrit
  • Several FF characters are featured very briefly and then promptly forgotten (Rikku perhaps being the biggest offender as she appears in-story once, in two Interventions right after that twice, and then never again) and a large part of them don't show up at all for the dance ending (in fact, the credits crawl is solely for appearances of characters who did not show up at all during the dance ending). Speaking of the dance ending and credits crawl, it's a shame Lillikin forms for Enna Kros and Wyn only exist in those
  • Some characters also have bits of characterization that don't really match up with their origin games, but it's still fine since these are just the "souls" of those characters (the Who's Who does reveal they struggled with this especially when it comes to Yuna).
  • The part in Figaro is one of my favourites since it combines so many FFs *_* Enemies and Figaro Castle/Edgar from VI, Underground Prison is pretty much the D-District Prison from VIII (even featuring Squall), Mako Reactor 0 and Shelke from Dirge of Cerberus, a Boss fight from IX, and Lightning's first story appeareance right before these events.
  • Nibelheim basically just being Midgar instead of Nibelheim (complete with the Honey Bee Inn!) and the Underground Prison/Mako Reactor being Midgar is a bit weird.
  • If Gilgamesh counts as an imprismable Mirage (due to his enemy status in games), then I wish some others would have been imprismable as well (such as the Black Mages... and Zona Seeker :giggle:)
  • I'm really happy to see a Bestiary of sorts (the Mirage Manual) again in a FF game. Those really should come standard ^^
  • I wish they hadn't included the parts confirming that certain characters would not be showing up (outside of being referred to)/existing at all in this game (such as Fat Chocobo, Zangan, and Seifer) since that means there isn't much of a possibility to see them outside of a sequel (the game does imply that Fat Chocobo would be used "next time" and that Serah & Sephiroth may be showing up later/in an "expansion").
  • Superman and Inception are briefly referenced in text, which is not quite as weird to see as the push notifications for Mobius referencing Frozen when it was time to do the Shiva update...
  • WARNING: ENGLISH VOICE ACTING NOT IGNORED FOR THE FOLLOWING PART; PLEASE AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT THE JAPANESE VOICE-OVER: Master Tonberry and Vivi are pretty much perfectly voiced in the English version. I'm happy with both, especially Vivi being a thousand times better than Melissa Disney's version in Kingdom Hearts II. The rest of the cast have been well cast (in my opinion) as well and it's great to yet again see Keith Szarabajka voicing Gilgamesh (although now John DiMaggio needs to do the next Gilgamesh gig so that they'd be back to having equal share of the character :P)

Optional Stuff (Postscript and before):

• I like the fact that Enna Kros' identity is revealed mostly through the Who's Who info and only really alluded to in the main story. This reminded me of how they used to handle some optional revelations in past FFs (such as Squall's parentage, Shadow's identity, Garnet's real name, and Vincent's backstory). Similiarly having non-obvious stuff like how to unlock the Maduin Memento was very old-school FF :P
  • On the topic of Who's Who, it sadly manages to sneak in early spoilers for certain plot events before they're revealed in-game (such as the identity of the Demon Dyad long before the game spells it out; it was rather obvious, but still it would have been preferrable to have it not unlock that text section prior to the actual reveal). Similiarly, the free DLC update for the Omega God Intervention isn't set to unlock *after* the Cogna are revealed, so it and its events (which can, again, be played before that part) can be slightly spoilery (I wonder if it is even available before Eiko is introduced... in which case it also spoils that).
  • I managed to beat Faris & Syldra in the story-based fight (technically that's a lie since they take 0 damage after they reach 0 health at which point Syldra just spams Thunderbolt until you die; I did it with Lightning items and Thunder Beam from Magitek Armor P) and Shantotto in the "you only get one chance at this" Intervention fight (Gravity + any types of Spellstones mostly)
  • It's a bit of a shame there was a trophy for getting all the Mirages since I liked doing that as an optional fun thing in games like X-2, XIII-2, and Ni no Kuni.

That's all I could think of for now :P

Holy hell, 300 Plats already =D Congrats =D

Nice read and...

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT! :awesome:

• Like 1

I really want to thank Square Enix for this, it basically takes me back to my early teens and strikes me right on the nostalgia that i needed.

With 24 hours in 4 days, my thoughts so far are only bliss, the themes, the music and this specific moment just melted my heart :D

Can't wait to witness what's yet to come 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just want to say how much i loved this game, I'm near plat so my time with the game is almost at the end. However i really want to mention how much joy this game brought me, i even dare to say that it was one of the best surprises this year. Now the focus will be to wrap it up and count the days for the fulfillment of the lost prophecy named FFXV :D

As for now, lets party!!

• 3 weeks later...

On January 12th 2017, World of Final Fantasy will be getting a new patch to bring in several new features.

Patch 1.02 Releases January 12 2017!

Patch 1.02, which will allow you to enjoy a more comfortable WOFF experience, will go on release on Thursday 12th January 2017.

– Theatre Mode added to Title Menu
You will be able to rewatch cutscenes you saw in-game at anytime in Theatre Mode.

– PS Vita Voice Data Download Guide added
A DLC check will be performed when you choose ‘from the beginning’ or ‘continue’.
If you haven’t downloaded the voice DLC, a message will be displayed before the game begins.

– Notification for Executing Gimme Golem added 
A message will be displayed when the conditions for executing a Mysterious Switch have been fulfilled.

– Notice explaining how to receive reward for clearing “Vestiges of Life” added
Upon clearing ‘Vestiges of Life’, a hint message will now be displayed.
※ If you have already cleared it but haven’t received the reward, the hint message will appear at Sylver Park.
– Fixed Compatibility with PS4 Pro
Fixed a bug where the screen would blur when connected to a 2K monitor.

Other: bug fixes

• 2 months later...