Exclusive theme for Platinum Achievers

StrickenBiged

23 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I actually spoke with sony customer support since it is published or co-published by soe. They sent me a code right away after i told them my timestamp for platinum. The theme is somewhat nice, i am using it currently.

How did you contact them? Phone or email? Because I'd love to finally get my theme.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I earned the platinum like 2 years ago, but never received a code. Contacted customer support and they had no idea what the promotion was about so I had to link to the promotion and then they told me it was a matter of From Software sending the emails even though Sony was the one sending out the emails. When I made it clear that it was being offered by Sony the customer rep just said it was not possible so I gave up. The only thing Sony is good for is their games. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-6 at 7:23 PM, ObliviousSenpai said:

I earned the platinum like 2 years ago, but never received a code. Contacted customer support and they had no idea what the promotion was about so I had to link to the promotion and then they told me it was a matter of From Software sending the emails even though Sony was the one sending out the emails. When I made it clear that it was being offered by Sony the customer rep just said it was not possible so I gave up. The only thing Sony is good for is their games. 

i never got my code but after mailing Sony they sorted it out immediately after confirming a few details. idk why they won't help you, that's ridiculous

3 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

i never got my code but after mailing Sony they sorted it out immediately after confirming a few details. idk why they won't help you, that's ridiculous

I guess I just had a bad encounter with a Sony rep, but it seems like a lot of people have issues with their customer support.

• 2 weeks later...

@ValyriousOh man. That theme looks great. Thanks for posting what the email looks like. I think it will really help others if they need to contact Sony. If they can show exactly what it looks like they'll probably get farther with the reps. 

I'm working on the platinum now and hope to have it wrapped up on the 4th of July when I have the day off. I'll start bugging Sony in August if I don't have the theme by then. Even considering the issues some are having, I wish more games did this!

23 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@ValyriousOh man. That theme looks great. Thanks for posting what the email looks like. I think it will really help others if they need to contact Sony. If they can show exactly what it looks like they'll probably get farther with the reps. 

I'm working on the platinum now and hope to have it wrapped up on the 4th of July when I have the day off. I'll start bugging Sony in August if I don't have the theme by then. Even considering the issues some are having, I wish more games did this!

Biggest thing you probably need to do before you get the platinum is to make sure you are subscribed to Playstation. So they give you weekly emails. Seems redundant, but my friend platinumed it right after I did and hasn't gotten the theme. And I asked him if he's subscribed, and of course he is not. So that's most likely why people haven't gotten it yet.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Biggest thing you probably need to do before you get the platinum is to make sure you are subscribed to Playstation. So they give you weekly emails. Seems redundant, but my friend platinumed it right after I did and hasn't gotten the theme. And I asked him if he's subscribed, and of course he is not. So that's most likely why people haven't gotten it yet.

Nice tip. I am subscribed so hopefully that helps. I got everything except the chalice dungeons done so far. It won't be long now... 

• 1 month later...

So yeah. I got the trophy much later than planned. I got a congratulatory email but no theme yet. I just got the platinum last night so I'll post again if I get the theme soon. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Toogie53
Removed link to email. Added Image.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 2:11 PM, Toogie53 said:

So yeah. I got the trophy much later than planned. I got a congratulatory email but no theme yet. I just got the platinum last night so I'll post again if I get the theme soon. 

Untitled.png

I plat bloodborne 2 days ago

got this same congratulatory email the next day

Black ops 3 gives you a similar congratulatory platinum email too, but no theme or anything, if anyones wondering

that was first time i got a congrats email from sony, theyre kinda cool to see

Id like to get the theme if i can still but i wont hold my breath, sounds like they arent supporting it anymore

Edited by Property_Damage