KaosStrife

Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

3,736 posts in this topic

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - All The Same.

The Extreme from ff8.

Aurons theme from FFX.

Hearing this everytime I was at the sortie screen for my team selection made it feel epic and got me excited to play!

*remembers that Disgaea 6 will hit PS after all* -> *revisits prior NIS OSTs* -> *why don't I listen to these more regularly?*

Seriously, a slew of VGM composers ply their trade somewhat unnoticed, but Tenpei Sato might hold the throne, there: Phantom Brave, Witch and the Hundred Knight, and of course, Disgaea series. I began Disgaea with 2 & hot dang does this OST remain poppin'~. The Dark Assembly's theme enters menacingly but quickly slides into an intricate bouncy groove then erupts @ 1:03 into one of the most uplifting tracks around, and the Item World's theme (for a while, my brother's favorite VGM ever) should not be capable of interweaving and vibrating a triad of synthesizers that adroitly...yet it *is*. o.o Those ascending, descending, "staircase" melodies after 2:00? Orgasmic for a keyboardist like me. Lord, music can get intricate. ♪

This final one is like if Bowser was a boss in Dark Souls :D

Well I think all soundtrack is very good... but this is epic. It is the song played during der richter secret boss fight

Shout out to my boy @Cruscah, who switched me on to this cool game, who's soundtrack has been on my Spotify playlist ever since!

Just finished this game recently and I think it's save room theme is the best of the series.

Too long didn't scroll

Yakuza karaoke song, Kamurocho Lullaby

Makes me cry every time I hear it, To the Moon had such an impact in my life that will be my favorite game of all time forever.