Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

KaosStrife

From one of my first PS1 games, plays fairly well, and I'm actually not even into the game genre of this game, but the soundtrack is good enough for me to want to play through the entire game once in a while...

This one is actually from my very first PS1 game... I think CoLD SToRAGE did a great job with this game's soundtrack!

This song I remember well from the demo that came with my PS1, which was the first demo released in EU. Not that great of a game, and the sequels are laughably bad, but this game had some nice tracks! :)

Edited by MMDE

Koi no Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence) from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

This song has sailed it's way to becoming one of my favorite MGS songs along with Snake Eater (MGS3), Heavens Divide (also from Peace Walker), Calling to the Night (Portable Ops), and Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday (MGS2).

I do love this song though.

• Like 1

Pretty sweet tune from FROM SOFTWARE's very first game, this was a JP exclusive, but has had a NA fan translation. :) The game has also been released on PC with a game engine that allowed you to make your own games. This is where the Souls games started, if anyone wonders...

Some goodie from Kow Otani's first dip into the game soundtrack market! The game is pretty standard shmup, except for that the game does every camera angel you can think about when it comes to games like this. Your hitbox is somewhat big IMO, very much trial and error game.

I think they nailed the champion (Lance) and Red battle theme with this one! :) Makes you wanna replay the entire elite four over and over!

You were greeted with this beautiful pop song at the end of the game (and I think in one of the preview videos if you are waiting long enough at the start menu), and it creates such a nice ending for the game IMO.

Demon's Souls has such a great soundtrack IMO, a lot better than any game FROM SOFTWARE has released since. Dark, atmospheric, "airy", simplistic at times, but such nice tunes etc. :) Not really heard anything else of the composer, and what else I can find of him was some pop albums or something. :S Anyway, this song matched so well with where it is played, which I think is when you talk to the Monumental and he explains what has happened and your quest etc.

Braid has some really nice tunes, this one is clearly Irish or Scottish or whatever inspired, which usually isn't my thing, but it's a nice tune! :)

There's so many songs I could choose from GoldenEye on N64 but 'Caverns' always sounded so cool and catchy to me.

Frigate has always stood out for me! :P

Anyway, here's something for you to enjoy:

Edited by MMDE

Many think the Croc games are under rated and forgotten gems etc, but really, I think they're too overrated. The horrible camera and controls... urgh. If that was better, the game would have been really great though. That's not to say I don't like the games and think they are good, just not under rated and forgotten gems haha. :P Anyway, this is from Croc 2, my favorite track from that game. Croc 2 gets some hate for "worse" controls, but I beg the differ. I remember when I first bought it, when I was near beating first world, I kinda regret getting the game, because I thought that was the entire game. Little did I know that there was several more worlds. :)

Unfortunately not played Alundra all that much... I should at some point! Composer has mostly done anime work, but also some few games, and this is one of them. This track is beautiful though! :)

Tombi! 2... This one plays in one of the first areas you get to, really the first "real" area, by "real" I mean that is not one big tutorial and has been transformed by the pigs. The area consist of a lot of pipes, and is actually pretty cool, especially after the pig for the area has been defeated, but then another track is played instead...

This is my favorite track from Braid...

I've not actually played this Castlevania game, but I got the soundtracks for most of the games, and I really like this tune.

Wario Land 4 is actually one of my favorite GBA games, especially when it comes to platformers. Really worth playing, and go for 100%! :) This track is somewhat strange I guess, and might require a couple of listens before you really get it, but it's fucking great! It's played at the end of each level, where you got a certain time to get back from end of level to beginning. The track doesn't really kick off before 1-2 mins in though. ^^

Edited by MMDE