Thoughts?

So I been playing Peace Walker on PS3 (thank you legacy collection) and Im just wondering if its me or does this title not quite feel like a MGS. I'm not saying its bad, it has some pretty nice ideas but I'm halfway though the game and It just feels like a side game. Maybe its cause theres multiple missions instead of just one big one. Maybe its cause there isnt "movie" like cutscenes like the prev ones had, idk.

Getting the platinum is a bit insane, having to S rank all the main ops and extra ops and such. Wondering though if i S rank some solo and some in co-op, will i still have to S rank them solo or can i mix and match? Like i said, some nice ideas here but i really don't feel any real replay value. Like once i get the plat (or attempt to. asking a pretty big list here lol), i don't really see myself ever wanting to go back to it like i would the others.

anyone else think the same way?

It feels very different from your typical MGS in gameplay and structure and the obvious culprit is that elements had to be toned down or changed because it was originally launched as a PSP title, that and the fact that parts of it seem to be very much designed around co-operative gameplay. The lack of codec conversations in particular was something I missed and I was upset that design choice was carried over to MGS V. I really did not like the boss fights in this game either, very boring and long encounters with vehicles and robots that just lacked the memorability of the very creative human boss fights of previous games. And then you gotta repeat harder versions of them over and over again. Even missing little details like crawling, pressing against walls, first person view, having to move enemy bodies... not really huge deals most of them but when looking at this title compared to others I prefer the ones that have these features. Overall I feel like the game at its core is designed to be more fast-paced than previous MGS titles due to its (originally) portable nature and heavy co-operative gameplay integration which is what makes it feel less like a major MGS title in my eyes.

If I'm perfectly honest part of me wishes they stopped at MGS 4 and not gone on to produce Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain because they all feel together like a side story that doesn't do much other than disrupt and confuse the timeline of the series. MGS 4 seemed very much designed to wrap things up in as neat a package as possible but the newer games kinda mess that up in certain ways. Not saying I don't like those games I actually really enjoy playing Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain in particular but from a story point of view I was very unsatisfied.

• Like 1

So I been playing Peace Walker on PS3 (thank you legacy collection) and Im just wondering if its me or does this title not quite feel like a MGS. I'

anyone else think the same way?

Not me. Peace Walker is my favorite MGS game, and it feels like the way MGS should be. I dig the mission-based combat, and the fact that I don't have to slog through Kojima's pretentious cut scenes makes it even better.

• Like 1

Deffinately my least favorite MGS game. It's way too easy and co-op could have been utilized better. The levels are way too linear and the story feels like a spin-off. I also hated how you had to keep upgrading equipment to progress through some bosses. The annoying quicktime events almost made me hate it. I still like the game, but these things make it less important to me.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Deffinately my least favorite MGS game. It's way too easy and co-op could have been utilized better. The levels are way too linear and the story feels like a spin-off. I also hated how you had to keep upgrading equipment to progress through some bosses. The annoying quicktime events almost made me hate it. I still like the game, but these things make it less important to me.

im currently stuck at the tourture chamber and im afraid im gonna accidently break my controle :/

• Like 1

It's a good MGS game, not my favorite. The story is good and kept me hooked as well. It has some great characters and presentation, but the mech bosses just ruins things for me (these bosses are nothing compared to the Cobra Unit and Foxhound).

About the side-game thing, Portable Ops would be that game. A lot of people tend to forget it.

• Like 1

The game is constructed for more than one player. For example, you might see areas you can't go through without the help of a second partner.

Though I gotta say, it looks like fun when played with friends. Makes the bosses way easier.

im currently stuck at the tourture chamber and im afraid im gonna accidently break my controle :/

I really hated that part. Just hang in and you'll be free.

• Like 1

The game is constructed for more than one player. For example, you might see areas you can't go through without the help of a second partner.

Though I gotta say, it looks like fun when played with friends. Makes the bosses way easier.

I really hated that part. Just hang in and you'll be free.

i got past it lol. when i did it i didt know i had a time limit to escape or i would have to DO IT AGAIN!!!!

did it again by pure determination and passed it

hand still hurts from all the tapping...

i got past it lol. when i did it i didt know i had a time limit to escape or i would have to DO IT AGAIN!!!!

did it again by pure determination and passed it

hand still hurts from all the tapping...

Nice, I was caught once and had to do the torture again, my hand never hurt that much.

Now, you're in the interesting part of the story, so enjoy!

Nice, I was caught once and had to do the torture again, my hand never hurt that much.

Now, you're in the interesting part of the story, so enjoy!

well im all done with the main story. in in chapter 5 now and im doing clean up on just getting S rank in stuff. However i only got A rank in the torture thing so ill have to do it....again

but im gonna save it for last, not cause i like it but cause i dread it so damn much

well im all done with the main story. in in chapter 5 now and im doing clean up on just getting S rank in stuff. However i only got A rank in the torture thing so ill have to do it....again

but im gonna save it for last, not cause i like it but cause i dread it so damn much

That's good. Have you gotten the final ending?

It's pretty over-the-top, but I kinda saw it coming.

That's good. Have you gotten the final ending?

It's pretty over-the-top, but I kinda saw it coming.

if by final ending you mean

peace walker going into the lake and drowining itself

then yes, if theres another ending then no, not yet and shush let me discover it lol

but if you want bro, add me on the PS3. Maybe we can team up and you can help me out :)

Edited by Stevieboy
Put potential spoiler in actual spoiler tags

I wasnt a HUGE fan of the game but it was okay. It was a PSP game so you really shouldnt expect that much from it anyways. If you dont like Peace Walker, Phantom Pain is almost an exact clone of Peace Walker theres just way more to do in Phantom Pain and things are slightly different but its got the same idea. (Played Peace Walker and Phantom Pain back to back)

if by final ending you mean

peace walker going into the lake and drowining itself

then yes, if theres another ending then no, not yet and shush let me discover it lol

but if you want bro, add me on the PS3. Maybe we can team up and you can help me out :)

:D lol don't worry I would never spoil the story of a Metal Gear game (> :))

I was thinking about doing some online and getting the rest of the trophies :)