This game is a glitch fest

Shakilrahman96

I thought I would only have a problem with Dragon's Bane trophy seeing how it is the only trophy most people have a problem with but I am playing the game on the PS3 and so far "Commander" glitched on me making me have to load a 3hr save file and work my way up again and now "Focused" isn't working for me. I am level 12 and I have 12 skill points available for Blackwall, every time I use them on a single ability tree maxing it out and press triangle to confirm it takes my skill points, the abilities are confirmed but the trophy doesn't unlock. I've tried this on several occasions and various places in the game but it just doesn't pop for me.

Not having a lot of fun with this game in terms of collecting all the trophies, spent most my time just grinding off rifts and random enemies in the Hinterlands just to kill time, not a fun experience at all. Is this a common thing to happen with the PS3 version? Or am I just having a landslide of bad luck? My poor poor Reverié (my elf rogue), unable to advance in her quest because of these stupid glitches and broken trophies I keep encountering.

I thought I would only have a problem with Dragon's Bane trophy seeing how it is the only trophy most people have a problem with but I am playing the game on the PS3 and so far "Commander" glitched on me making me have to load a 3hr save file and work my way up again and now "Focused" isn't working for me. I am level 12 and I have 12 skill points available for Blackwall, every time I use them on a single ability tree maxing it out and press triangle to confirm it takes my skill points, the abilities are confirmed but the trophy doesn't unlock. I've tried this on several occasions and various places in the game but it just doesn't pop for me.

Not having a lot of fun with this game in terms of collecting all the trophies, spent most my time just grinding off rifts and random enemies in the Hinterlands just to kill time, not a fun experience at all. Is this a common thing to happen with the PS3 version? Or am I just having a landslide of bad luck? My poor poor Reverié (my elf rogue), unable to advance in her quest because of these stupid glitches and broken trophies I keep encountering.

That's weird, Commander and Focused unlocked for me. It seems like you're having a lot of bad luck. Someone on this site also said he couldn't continue the story and started over 11 times (which was also the PS3 version). Dragons' Bane took a few reloads, but that was the only trophy that was buggy for me.

Also you're not supposed to clear an area before moving, but revisit it after leveling up. Enemies are a lot stronger in the farthest sections of your starting point.

That's weird, Commander and Focused unlocked for me. It seems like you're having a lot of bad luck. Someone on this site also said he couldn't continue the story and started over 11 times (which was also the PS3 version). Dragons' Bane took a few reloads, but that was the only trophy that was buggy for me.

Also you're not supposed to clear an area before moving, but revisit it after leveling up. Enemies are a lot stronger in the farthest sections of your starting point.

Yea I figured that much when I got my ass kicked by demons from a rift. Oh and the dragon North-East of the Hinterlands haha. I started a new game now and tried designing my character the exact same as before hand and I must say I've done a pretty good job, Commander popped this time around at least but I am just dreading getting far into the game only for the same experience to repeat itself.

Fuck this game to hell, Now Persuasive glitched on me.

1:Lord Berand: Yes
2:Speaker Annais: Yes
3:Smuggler Tanner: Yes
4:Enchanter Ellendra: Yes
5: Horsemaster Dennet: Yes
6: Corporal Vale: Yes
7: Merchant Belle: Yes
8: Skywatcher: Yes
9: Blades of Hesserian: Yes
10: Clemence the Tranquil: Yes
11: Gereon Alexius: Yes
And no trophy popped, moments away from not even bothering with this piece of crap, takes the enjoyment out of the game entirely

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Can't verify pathfinder not unlocking - worked for me. You have to aquire an additional camp in each area (not the original camp when you first visit an area - that's not counting)

- The Hinterlands

- Crestwood

- Western Approach

- Storm Coast

- Fallow Mire

- Forbidden Oasis

- Exalted Plains

- Emerald Graves

- Emprise du Lion

- Hissing Wastes 

(Jaws of Hakkon DLC does not count, as it doesn't count for astarium trophy either)

Overall the game works better than I expected on PS3 and I already played it on PS4 (100% with all DLCs complete) and have the direct comparison. 

There were some very rare occasions when the game froze and I had to restart the PS3 completely, in 75h of gameplay that happened 3 or 4 times. 

A reproducable Bug appears everytime I visited the Black Emporium. When I leave it in the following area the sound is missing, but the game seems to be working (you can intereact, go to options, save). But when you want to load a game or leave the game, the PS3 restarts - that happen every time in the area you visit after leaving the Black Emporium. So I recommend visiting it not very frequently and save / restart after leaving the Black Emporium.