Project Platinum: Hyperdimension Neptunia

xZoneHunter

My congrats to Satoshi for his Dimensional Dedication. Or something.

Can you play the Vita HDN games on PSTV?

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart   Yes  

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection   Japan and Asia only  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Japan and Asia only  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation Yes  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation   Yes  

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed   Yes  

Edited by Xionx

My congrats to Satoshi for his Dimensional Dedication. Or something.

Can you play the Vita HDN games on PSTV?

Afaik Neptunia Re;Birth 1 can't be played on PSTV when it was released. Don't know, if they made a patch, though.

EDIT: Or you ask Xionx, he gave the answer a little bit faster :awesome:

Edited by dermarx

So i imported Re;birth 3 from the US since it was cheaper than buying it from the UK. I figured since Stella is supposed to be easy in this game i wouldn't really need the DLC anyway. But i didn't know the JP voices were DLC too... This is the first time they made the JP voices DLC and since i didn't want to spend the extra 20€ to get a UK copy, i'm now stuck with the god awful (my opinion) english voices :/

I'm seriously considering getting Re;birth 3 digital as well now just so i have access to the JP DLC, but i can't believe Idea Factory is pulling these stunts. The game was even supposed to release retail all over Europe, but i can't even find a copy in the most obscure game stores in my country... Made me even wonder if it even came retail at all to europe outside of their own web store.

Edited by Zone Hunter

So i imported Re;birth 3 from the US since it was cheaper than buying it from the UK. I figured since Stella is supposed to be easy in this game i wouldn't really need the DLC anyway. But i didn't know the JP voices were DLC too... This is the first time they made the JP voices DLC and since i didn't want to spend the extra 20€ to get a UK copy, now i am stuck with the god awful (my opinion) english voices :/

hmmm... can't you try to download a free DLC in EU store and check if it will install in the US cartridge of the game? IIRC my copy of Rebirth 3 and Action Unleashed are Region 3 but I could still download and install the DLCs even I have a US(R1) PSN account...*shrug* 

hmmm... can't you try to download a free DLC in EU store and check if it will install in the US cartridge of the game? IIRC my copy of Rebirth 3 and Action Unleashed are Region 3 but I could still download and install the DLCs even I have a US(R1) PSN account...*shrug* 

I downloaded it, and when i tried to install it gave me this message; Could not find the application for this add-on data. (Even though the cartridge is in my vita)

Edited by Zone Hunter

I downloaded it, and when i tried to install it gave me this message; Could not find the application for this add-on data. (Even though the cartridge is in my vita)

oh.. ouchie... well to be fair, I actually liked English Voices of HDN characters... *whisper* except for Plutie

So i imported Re;birth 3 from the US since it was cheaper than buying it from the UK. I figured since Stella is supposed to be easy in this game i wouldn't really need the DLC anyway. But i didn't know the JP voices were DLC too... This is the first time they made the JP voices DLC and since i didn't want to spend the extra 20€ to get a UK copy, i'm now stuck with the god awful (my opinion) english voices :/

JP Voices were free DLC since including it was too big was the cartridge (at least according to them). Ultra Despair Girls is another recent game that did the same thing (English voices in that were mostly fine, but I need Aya Uchida to be the MC). 

I'm seriously considering getting Re;birth 3 digital as well now just so i have access to the JP DLC, but i can't believe Idea Factory is pulling these stunts. The game was even supposed to release retail all over Europe, but i can't even find a copy in the most obscure game stores in my country... Made me even wonder if it even came retail at all to europe outside of their own web store.

Sorry to hear that, did you try making a NA account and downloading the JP Voices DLC through it. I don't know if it would work, but it's an idea.

Edited by WulfPack3

JP Voices were free DLC since including it was too big was the cartridge (at least according to them). Ultra Despair Girls is another recent game that did the same thing (English voices in that were mostly fine, but I need Aya Uchida to be the MC). 

It's just sad that they included it in all the other games except this one. And i have to find it out the hard way. At least you can actually buy Ultra Despair Girls in stores here, unlike Re;birth 3

Sorry to hear that, did you try making a NA account and downloading the JP Voices DLC though it. I don't know if it would work, but it's an idea.

IIRC, if i want to make an NA account on my vita i have to switch memory cards or sth... I'm still waiting on my 64GB memory card to arrive (which i ordered last week) but i'm not sure i want to link it to an NA account since i'll be needing the storage on my EU account.

IIRC, if i want to make an NA account on my vita i have to switch memory cards or sth... I'm still waiting on my 64GB memory card to arrive (which i ordered last week) but i'm not sure i want to link it to an NA account since i'll be needing the storage on my EU account.

Oh, I thought you could switch between accounts on a Vita, by logging out one and logging in with the other.

It won't work. DLC is connected to the account it's downloaded on.

I thought DLCs got downloaded to the memory card and could be used on any account. 

Well, it turns out my idea was dumb as it could be.

oh.. ouchie... well to be fair, I actually liked English Voices of HDN characters... *whisper* except for Plutie

Plutia had a terrible dub voice. I didn't really like Neptune's or Compa's dub voices at first either (which eventually made me switch to Japanese when playing the original Hyperdimension Neptunia), but they grew on me over time. I like the rest of the dub voices though (I hope I'm not sparking another dub VS sub war).

• Like 1

Too big game to fit... but one thing I don't understand is why are the English voices ones that will be on cartridge... 

They are freaking included in the original cartridge so why exporting them and putting ENG voices... =D

Put JP voices and have ENG as DLC, everyone happy.

(I hope I'm not sparking another dub VS sub war).

As long as JP Plue > everything, it's okay :awesome:

Well you can... It has (somewhat) the same story as the original, hence remake. So i don't see why not. Besides, the game improves a lot on the original.

If you continue with other ReBirths, it's okay =D

It's just we know that if you start with Vita versions, you will get adapted to the best battle system and you will hate the one in the PS3 original and mk2 =D

But definitely RB1 is a great introduction to the series =D (even though there are obviously references to the original :D)

Sooooo... it turns out I don't have enough free space on the Vita memory card to download Re;Birth1 :|. I'll have to wait until the We Play Ys is over or when I reach trophy #6,000 to plat a game and delete it. I guess I'll start with mk2 in the meantime.

Sooooo... it turns out I don't have enough free space on the Vita memory card to download Re;Birth1 :|. I'll have to wait until the We Play Ys is over or when I reach trophy #6,000 to plat a game and delete it. I guess I'll start with mk2 in the meantime.

Mk2 is the better game anyway because it has Nisa  :awesome:

Re;birth 1 was my first, and I followed along just fine. I dont know if the story is so integral that you'd have to play the original ps3 ones. The games are perfect on vita imo. 

Awesome, that's great coming from someone who hasn't played the PS3 games :highfive:. Now I have nothing to worry about.

Mk2 is the better game anyway because it has Nisa  :awesome:

That's the singer with the dark blue hair, right?

Re;birth 1 was my first, and I followed along just fine. I dont know if the story is so integral that you'd have to play the original ps3 ones. The games are perfect on vita imo. 

in RB2, they joke about how the storyline is not contiguous. In general, 1 / RB1 happen in its own dimension. The rest of the games seem to be connected, but since you jump around dimensions a lot in the games, you can get away with a lot storyline wise (I also remember reading adult Nep in VII does have some resemblance to game 1's Neptune, but I don't remember why).

*Ahem* It's Gamindustri's own Heroine of Justice. Keeper of the peace in Gamindustri, she's never far away to those in need of saving! 

Zone Hunter doesn't like this xD

This girl is the awesome heroine Nisa 

38e28b3c-s.jpg

I am pretty sure you are talking about 5pb.

Lol, ok. At least the dark blue hair was correct :lol:.

• Like 1

Plutia had a terrible dub voice. I didn't really like Neptune's or Compa's dub voices at first either (which eventually made me switch to Japanese when playing the original Hyperdimension Neptunia), but they grew on me over time. I like the rest of the dub voices though (I hope I'm not sparking another dub VS sub war).

uhm... In the original first game there was a scene were Noire was something like "Today I have my first test as voiceactress, I really want that job!". Found randomly the english version on YT and wasnt alone with "Guess she will not get that job, with that voice :awesome: "

Everytime when I hear dubbed Neptunia characters I feel somehow cold airblows... Could be usefull in summer, but guess I need a new pair of ears then. I dont want 3D printed ears. Im sceptical about bodymods. xD

But dont get me wrong... When you prefer dubs, good for you. Your opinion. Your gameexperience. Simple.

Edited by Neputyunu

Afaik Neptunia Re;Birth 1 can't be played on PSTV when it was released. Don't know, if they made a patch, though.

EDIT: Or you ask Xionx, he gave the answer a little bit faster :awesome:

Thanks, guys. I actually wanna play the Warriors-style game, and PSTV is really cheap.

in RB2, they joke about how the storyline is not contiguous. In general, 1 / RB1 happen in its own dimension. The rest of the games seem to be connected, but since you jump around dimensions a lot in the games, you can get away with a lot storyline wise (I also remember reading adult Nep in VII does have some resemblance to game 1's Neptune, but I don't remember why).

Otona Nep is the one from Victory, though.

She just uses the hoodie from original Nep.

Lol, ok. At least the dark blue hair was correct :lol:.

Welp, 5pb-chan's hair is not dark blue :awesome: