Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Has Speedrun Trophies

Speedrun trophies?! Hell yeah! I fucking love speedrun trophies, I really like the set challenges that they offer. Although I'm not fan of speedruns in games like Ico, but that's due to how fucking stupid Yorda was with coping with our orders when it came to either have her follow us or stay still at a specific spot. :/ I swear to god, that girl had something against us or something, it's almost as if she didn't want us to successfully beat the speedrun...

I still want it because I haven't given Uncharted a good chance.

But making me playthrough a game multiple times completing different kinds of playthroughs hampers with my experience and lasting appeal of a game.

Okay, I don't have to do it, but this is a trophy hunting forum. You and I both know we'll do it anyway.

Speedrun huh. I bet you can just set the difficulty to the lowest and run pass enemies with a shotgun and pistola combo

The fact that brutal is not required for the platinum trophy is a huge let down. Now their just handing out the platinum.

Edited by Suicidal Turtle
  • Like 1

Apparently Brutal isn't required for any of the 3 platinum trophies:

https://twitter.com/ps4_trophies/status/648485306027499520

This is quite strange considering they presumably still need to fill the trophy 'slots' vacated by the absent multiplayer trophies.. Why use fake DLC for these trophies? Purely so more people are able to get the platinum?

I generally have the shot accuracy of the average stormtrooper in these games so the idea of a speedrun doesn't excite me too much tbh - as Suicidal Turtle (good name) said, might be a run-and-gun shotgun job  B)

• Like 1

I guess Brutal difficulty basically treated like Grounded Mode in The Last of Us, but at least Crushing is available from the start. Not a fan of the speed runs trophies cause I just don't like blasting through games. But I read that there is a separate Speed Run mode where there will be a timer on the screen during gameplay. I feel like having that timer there will just add more stress though haha. 

I guess Brutal difficulty basically treated like Grounded Mode in The Last of Us, but at least Crushing is available from the start. Not a fan of the speed runs trophies cause I just don't like blasting through games. But I read that there is a separate Speed Run mode where there will be a timer on the screen during gameplay. I feel like having that timer there will just add more stress though haha. 

I personally like speed runs, when they're done right (Sonic the Hedgehog is a perfect example of this). I don't like them, though, when you have to solve a puzzle, because at times, the control can get wonky (I'm looking at you, God of War and your stupid "build this wall!" puzzle).

• Like 1

So they realised that an easy platinum increases sales (Probably by hardly much) but that alone is really sad imho.

Play it on an alt or borrow it from someone if your concerned about the trophy completion.

Honestly I want a challenge for trophies as what else is the point?

I don't see trophies as an artificial challenge for a virtual reward.

I see trophies as a way for developers to show gamers everything that's in their game. Not just the shortest path through the story and then never play again. If the only thing developers want to show me with trophies is that they can make a game harder, I feel pretty let down.

• Like 4

There's a guy over on PST who has been playing the game for review purposes and has posted a little about the trophies (as they are outside of the scope of the Non-Disclosure Agreement) 

Makes for an interesting read:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/275609-about-trophies.html

I doubt very much that I will get the collection, as I already have all three games at 100%, but the challenge of Brutal difficulty might be fun :)  There's a demo on the store today so will check that out to see how it stands up graphically.

Edited by MiniMog
  • Like 4