Thinking of buying Pro Skater 5? Watch this video first.

FlareXV

Hi guys, Eurogamer have release a video showing many glitches from the upcoming (depending what country your in) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Some of the physics resembles Goat Simulator in many ways. So are you getting the game still, drop a comment in the comment box and let me know what you think? 

• Like 1

Well, I'm not even surprised. I expected something like this, since robomodo kinda messed up the hd remix too. Not that bad but still. THPS5 looks like

a quick cash grab and that's what's pissing me off. To recreate the "oldschool" feeling by making shitty graphics and implementing ugly and empty

levels is just sad. They just don't come up with good ideas to help this franchise. And since SKATE, it's even harder for them to give people

a good skateboarding game. I hate to see this series go down like this...

Hi guys, Eurogamer have release a video showing many glitches from the upcoming (depending what country your in) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Some of the physics resembles Goat Simulator in many ways. So are you getting the game still, drop a comment in the comment box and let me know what you think? 

I was just going to say, looks like they took a page out of Goat Simulator's book. xD

For what it's worth, based on the video anyways, it seems like the glitches largely happen when you do something wrong.  So... just don't play the game poorly if you don't like it.  I guess there could be worse rewards for poor performance than some goofy geometry glitches.  I almost laughed a few times at the video.

• 1 month later...

Have they fixed any bugs yet?

I've been replaying this game on my second account the last few days and, believe it or not, it's infinitely worse. I was on the asteroid level right and there's a mission where the only way to do it in the timeframe was to basically keep hitting up the same line over and over again, one of the collectible missions. He would straight up stop grinding on most grinds. Like, I was button mashing triangle just to hope that he would fall off the line, and then recover in enough time. I genuinely can't explain just how broken this game was, I don't know how I avoided it on my initial platinum run because there's been no updates since so they can't have cocked it up worse, maybe I just got lucky, either fucking way, and I'm saying this as a long time Tony Hawk fan and someone who was actively defending this game for a good while when it came out,

DO NOT BUY TONY HAWK 5.

IF and when there's an update, buy it preowned. This is Robomodo's 4th Hawk game and their second Pro Skater game, if they can't get it right after all that time, they don't deserve any of your fucking money. It kills me to say this, but unless a new dev comes along, which hopefully it will since Acti's Hawk contract expires this year, I don't want another Tony Hawk game.

I jumped on the wagon with THPS 4. I enjoyed Underground. I didn't mind THUG 2. I loved THAW. I stuck by the series through the next few forgettable games. I even forgave them for the plug in skateboard bullshit when they announced THPS HD, and even after that shit, I bought Tony Hawk 5 day one despite all the reviews and screenshots and shit going around.

If they can screw the game up so bad that they turned me into a naysayer, then there's little fucking hope left for the Hawkman, which is a genuine shame.

Oh, and online still doesn't work, don't you dare try starting a PRIVATE GAME ON YOUR FUCKING OWN while you're signed into the PSN (if you or someone else has Plus that is) or you won't have a good time. Sign the fuck out of PSN before playing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning. I was in no rush to play the game anyways but now I will definitely skip it. Maybe someday in the bargain bin.

I've been replaying this game on my second account the last few days and, believe it or not, it's infinitely worse. I was on the asteroid level right and there's a mission where the only way to do it in the timeframe was to basically keep hitting up the same line over and over again, one of the collectible missions. He would straight up stop grinding on most grinds. Like, I was button mashing triangle just to hope that he would fall off the line, and then recover in enough time. I genuinely can't explain just how broken this game was, I don't know how I avoided it on my initial platinum run because there's been no updates since so they can't have cocked it up worse, maybe I just got lucky, either fucking way, and I'm saying this as a long time Tony Hawk fan and someone who was actively defending this game for a good while when it came out,

DO NOT BUY TONY HAWK 5.

Thanks for the warning. I was in no rush to play the game anyways but now I will definitely skip it. Maybe someday in the bargain bin.

It's such a shame too though because when it works, it really is fun, the new stuff it brought to the series, I really enjoyed for the most part. But as I said, I've been replaying it and it's just broken, one day if, and that's a big if, it actually gets all the fixes it deserves, it might be a worthwhile addition to your library, however, it probably won't get fixed. :'(