Playstation Plus october 2015: official list

lesk8vaincra

I'm starting to think that the ever increasing costs of producing "AAA" games will prevent such games from ever being on PSN+ again. Over the past year or two, the Instant Game Collection has become somewhat of a showpiece for lesser known developers to showcase their games to much larger audiences. Also, seeing as PSN+ is mandatory for online play this generation, the impetus for Sony to promote PSN+ with the promise of big budget games for free has diminished. 

Nowadays they don't need to entice gamers to part with their money for a service that was otherwise useless on the previous generation. They know people largely want to play online and will pay to do so, regardless of what games are in the Instant Game Collection, or what discounts they'll receive. 

• Like 1

Everyone likes to complain constantly about how "unfair" PS Plus is. Just get over it guys. If you don't like it, then cancel your subscription and go elsewhere.

People need PS+ for multiplayer, they can't just drop it. It makes no sense to say stuff like this, either offer a multi-player only ps+ or offer something that will satisfy both sides to a degree. 

• Like 4

To be honest at this time of the year (Sep - Dec) i wouldn't expect anything but indie titles. Its during this time of year that the yearly AAA games(Assasins creeds, Fallouts etc.) fight for the last 4 months of the year to take your money. I understand that they dont want to give away a AAA game when so many are coming out during the same time period.

People need PS+ for multiplayer, they can't just drop it. It makes no sense to say stuff like this, either offer a multi-player only ps+ or offer something that will satisfy both sides to a degree. 

Would be a legit comment if it was just the PS3 but Sony has you now with the requirement for the PS4 if you want to play online. Coincidently thats when Sony slowly pushed out the AAA games for the indie games.

Edited by Mournblade05143

Well, as usual, deeply discounted games make their entry to igc family. I have no problem. Igc never was my priority but what actually saddens me (out of topic) with ps4 it's that you need to be online to play any of your digital games, no just the rented ones but the ones you bought. The other day i had problems with my connection to Internet so i thought, ok I'll play a game with no mp portion. And all my digital library got locked because the system cannot verify licenses. Hmm or I'm doing something wrong ?

Anyway, my ps3 it's still the king.

To be honest at this time of the year (Sep - Dec) i wouldn't expect anything but indie titles. Its during this time of year that the yearly AAA games(Assasins creeds, Fallouts etc.) fight for the last 4 months of the year to take your money. I understand that they dont want to give away a AAA game when so many are coming out during the same time period.

There's some logic behind what you say but the fact is that (I believe) 2 yrs ago we had Far Cry 3 in September, Mafia 2 in October and sometime really close to the both (maybe even November?), we had AC Iii.

Well, as usual, deeply discounted games make their entry to igc family. I have no problem. Igc never was my priority but what actually saddens me (out of topic) with ps4 it's that you need to be online to play any of your digital games, no just the rented ones but the ones you bought. The other day i had problems with my connection to Internet so i thought, ok I'll play a game with no mp portion. And all my digital library got locked because the system cannot verify licenses. Hmm or I'm doing something wrong ?

Anyway, my ps3 it's still the king.

Do you have your ps4 registered as your main ps4? That usually allows you to play offline.

Would be a legit comment if it was just the PS3 but Sony has you now with the requirement for the PS4 if you want to play online. Coincidently thats when Sony slowly pushed out the AAA games for the indie games.

Sony like MS know that they have Eighth gen users trapped, at least MS is trying. I just hope Sony starts 2016 with a bang. 

• Like 1

The only two games I play online on PS4 are FIFA16 and DRIVECLUB but I really don't mind Broken Age (I was planning to buy it)....I agree on the other games,they're not worth the money we spend for the subscription.

I still have to begin a lot of psplus games saved on my library therefore it's fine by me  :P

Anyway, ml ps3 it's still the king.

Nah, that's impossible. There are people playing ps4 games without having ps+ subscription. Maybe the case is your games are saved online?

$4.17 a month for this!! OMG!

/s

I don't mind at all. I picked up Plus for the online storage and automatic updates. The games are a very minor part of why I keep up my Plus subscription.

Same here, I bought PS plus for the online on ps4 and the online storage. The games are just a bonus and anyway for only 6€ it's worth to get a PS plus sub. for 6games.

I really doubt it. I thought for the E3 this year Sony would have tried to get a great June lineup to push PS Plus. But then, if its required, why bother? Have to get it anyway.

True, we better drop this before the Indy Defense League come and defend this kind of practice with their artsy spears and "Treat all games with respect while insulting AAA games" passages.   :awesome:

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 1