PSNProfiles Community on PSN

On 2017-01-16 at 10:32 AM, DARKB1KE said:

Communities on PS4 should be used for communicating, finding people for help in games, etc. not braggers. 

They are though...

This is how communities on PS4 generally work:

The “trophy hunting” related communities are generally for trophy hunters to share their achievements, discuss games, and ask questions, and to meet like-minded players (literally dozens of my PSN trophy hunter friends have been met in these communities). Posting pictures of platinums is the #1 thing people do though and I see nothing wrong with this.

It’s exactly like the r/trophies on Reddit - an achievement focused community that is geared towards sharing your trophy accomplishments, and supporting and motivating one another within the community.

When it comes to boosting, finding co-op parters, or general multiplayer, people generally use the “game specific” communities. For example, if you need help with boosting trophies in Far Cry 5, you go and join the Far Cry 5 community to find boosting help/co-op. If you need help with a boss in Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you go join the respective community for that game, or one of the From Software fan communities.

Once you understand the way communities are organized on PS4, they actually become extremely useful IMO. I constantly use the game-specific communities to find co-op trophy help (I use them almost as often as the sessions on this site), and I love sharing my latest platinums in one or two of the general trophy related communities.

Edited by dieselmanchild

• 3 months later...