What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

Just made a pretty big purchase. Got myself a new 160 GB PlayStation 3 Slim to replace my old 80 GB PlayStation Phat that was suffering from disc drive failure. It was a Best Buy deal that came with Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, a PlayStation Headset, and a 3 month subscription to PlayStation Plus for $310. If you see me less around here, it's because I finally get to game again!

• Like 2

large3.jpg

I thought buying people was against the law? New Man-Servant?

Anyway, it was a game shoppin' day yesterday. Went specifically to get the new re-release of Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition. While @ GameStop, picked up 13 new PS2 games: CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder, Trigger Man, Star Wars Battlefront II, Persona 4, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, World Heroes Anthology, The Warriors, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X, Need For Speed Underground 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, MLB 08 The Show, Hot Shots Golf Fore! and Fatal Frame III.

Anyway, it was a game shoppin' day yesterday. Went specifically to get the new re-release of Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition. While @ GameStop, picked up 13 new PS2 games: CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder, Trigger Man, Star Wars Battlefront II, Persona 4, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, World Heroes Anthology, The Warriors, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X, Need For Speed Underground 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, MLB 08 The Show, Hot Shots Golf Fore! and Fatal Frame III.

Will you eventually play all of those games, or are you a collector?

Will you eventually play all of those games, or are you a collector?

I play them as I get around to them. I buy both to collect and for play. I'm planning to have plenty of entertainment when eventually I get paralyzed from the spinal injury I received in '88. Doc's said it was just a matter of time and then "poof" no more from the waist on down. Until then, I just keep on keepin' on.

I play them as I get around to them. I buy both to collect and for play. I'm planning to have plenty of entertainment when eventually I get paralyzed from the spinal injury I received in '88. Doc's said it was just a matter of time and then "poof" no more from the waist on down. Until then, I just keep on keepin' on.

Is that what you tell your wife? Lol.

She's well aware of it. We've discussed it at length and are planning for it. We'll deal with it when it happens, until then, I just live life to the fullest.

That took a dark turn, haha. I just meant if that's what you told her was the reason for dropping all that money on games as a joke, lol. Best of luck to you, man.

• Like 1

No badness felt here. tis all good. Believe it or not, she actually forces me, somewhat, to go out and treat myself w/ games. She actually got upset w/ me when I mentioned that there were 3 games I wanted to get this Holiday season but wasn't going to because of the amount of cash I would have to drop on the new games. I was more or less told to go and get them when they come out.

Sorry Guys...I already got the winner. ..and she can cook too...:D

• Like 1

Me as well PSX.

I find it sad when I hear how many out there have spouses/significant others where things like game purchases or whatever turns into a hassle.

Well, since she gets whatever she wants, I get to have the same privilege. I'm not a big believer that you have to have a special occasion to get special presents. We celebrate Christmas/Birthday's/Valentine's Day/Anniversary all year long. Yeah, normally we'll exchange a card on the specific day, but I don't need Hallmark to remind me to get my better half something special.

• Like 2

I don't need Hallmark to remind me to get my better half something special.

Never a truer word spoken.

Yeah, we are the same, we spoil ourselves and each other whenever we feel like it. After all the bills are paid and there is food in the cupboards, it is the "extras" that we work for, so we will take full advantage of it whenever we can. Neither of us have ever been the type to feel the need or obligation to need to ask "permission" from the other to buy anything, and we never will.

• Like 1