What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

I kinda got interested in coffee making and decided to take my coffee game to the next level and bought:

Moccamaster Cup-One:

USgtm1E.jpg

Bialetti Preziosa French Press:

dFHYxSA.jpg

Hario V-60 Pour-Over set:

m8tB7u6.jpg

Aeropress:

f0jFDq2.jpg

Wilfa Svart Coffee Grinder:

MkS0HQ2.jpg

Wilfa Gooseneck Electric Kettle:

D1atYTW.jpg

So now I have four different methods of making coffee. Before I only had a cheap, old coffee maker that really didn't make good coffee.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

Round one of my holiday sale purchases. (Ignore that Kaichu is listed twice.) Picked up a bunch of cheap VR games - trying to milk all the value I can out of my PSVR before I inevitably switch to PSVR2. Also picked up Shadow Legend VR and Wanderer since they're two highly acclaimed VR games I've been waiting for good sales for.

Kaichu I bought because it seems like a cute, silly game to stream for my partner and some friends. Paradise Killer I've been waiting for for a while, and I saw Grimbeard review Mundaun which made me interested in it - not usually a horror fan, but apparently Mundaun is more of an atmospheric horror than jumpscare horror which I can more than tolerate. Not pictured is Stellaris's expansion pack 4 for 50% off.

image.pngimage.png

Round 2! (Or rather two rounds of purchases I'm posting as one.) Not included is the Deemo Season Pass. Some more discounted VR games (I should probably not be buying so many given the shape my PSVR is in - at this rate my VR backlog will outlast it), plus Rainbow Six Extraction to play with a friend, Return of the Obra Dinn, which said friend has been recommending to me for years, and the first Ace Attorney game I've played in... well, probably since I was in my early teens. 

fi0XM9M.png

36c4ce_9391e79f3af042d8bd145dc1bf959ba8~

71TDlhWI4RL.jpg

616xM7tH7AL.jpg

Bought this N64 bundle...don't really care about Nitro (already have it on PS1), but once I saw the other 4 together I knew I needed this bundle. I'll be getting some other big games down the line...need my Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time. 

The Retrotink is an upscaler to play the N64 on my 4KTV. I dug out my old 720p TV I got back in 2009...but testing with my PS2, it won't display 240p video, so I was forced to get this upscaler. 

And I've been looking at the Retrofighters Defender (PlayStation) controller for a while now...something that can be used on PS1, PS2 and PS3 that isn't some knockoff and these always have glowing reviews. Figured I'd pick up the N64 one now too for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

More backlogged AmiAmi packages arrived and it's figures, model kits, and Jack Frost merch.

IMG_20221223_092226849.jpg

IMG_20221223_092047150_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221223_093417334_HDR.jpg

Hee Ho!

IMG_20221223_092404569_HDR.jpg

IMG_4670.JPG

A couple Good Smile orders. They had a heavy discount on so much merch. Pins for $1.80, plushies for $5, cups for $2.25. It was nuts. Unfortunately, I got the wrong size hoodie so it's too big. They had no sizing chart so I had no way to know for sure.

IMG_20221223_093209863_HDR2.jpg

IMG_4672.JPG

A couple relatives asked for books for Christmas. This is dangerous as I can't go book shopping without getting something for myself and this time it meant four.

IMG_4673.JPG

While visiting relatives, my hubby and I stopped at Arcade UFO and he won me this adorable penquin from the UFO catcher.

IMG_20221223_201635975_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/28/2022 at 0:06 AM, Viper said:

The Retrotink is an upscaler to play the N64 on my 4KTV. I dug out my old 720p TV I got back in 2009...but testing with my PS2, it won't display 240p video, so I was forced to get this upscaler. 

And I've been looking at the Retrofighters Defender (PlayStation) controller for a while now...something that can be used on PS1, PS2 and PS3 that isn't some knockoff and these always have glowing reviews. Figured I'd pick up the N64 one now too for obvious reasons. 

I gotta say I love my retrotink 5x, I was lucky getting it when I did without breaking the bank.

Now I definitely love the Retrofighters Defender, I have the green one hooked up to my PS2.

And here's something I bought recently. Using a DS3 on the PS1 is a dream come true, I can use the analog sticks whether or not the game supports it. The Brook Wingman.

wingmanPS2.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I gotta say I love my retrotink 5x, I was lucky getting it when I did without breaking the bank.

Now I definitely love the Retrofighters Defender, I have the green one hooked up to my PS2.

And here's something I bought recently. Using a DS3 on the PS1 is a dream come true, I can use the analog sticks whether or not the game supports it. The Brook Wingman.

wingmanPS2.png

My Retrotink just got here yesterday, so I finally got to actually play my N64. It's definitely a neat little device...I wish it didn't have an always on LED though, that thing practically lit up my room last night when I was trying to sleep, but that's a minor nitpick. Also nice that I can play my PS2 again and see the 240p videos play in certain games and I think it makes them look a little better than coming through my TV via Component. 

Controllers won't be here until Friday though, unfortunately. So I haven't gotten to try those out yet. 

That's a cool device, but I usually just play my PS1 games on my PS3, since it's hooked up still and convenient. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 11:59 PM, Z1MZUM said:

wingmanPS2.png

That's really neat. Had no idea it would force thumbstick's with every game. Might have to pick one up before long.

Got this in my Christmas stocking, as I don't love the Xbox controller with first person shooters:

mekwdQK.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/9/2023 at 2:00 AM, EverythingOnFire said:

That's really neat. Had no idea it would force thumbstick's with every game. Might have to pick one up before long.

Got this in my Christmas stocking, as I don't love the Xbox controller with first person shooters:

mekwdQK.jpg

I bought a second one for the PS2. These Brook products ae amazing for people that want to use a different controller. This is also my only beef with the PS5, there is no such adapter.