What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 'Toys in the Attic' by Aerosmith last week for $7.00 and I bought the 2 disc collectors edition of 'Unknown Pleasures' by Joy Division for $23.99.

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic (1975)

toys-in-the-attic-1.png

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures (1979) 2 disc Collectors Edition set re-issue

JoyDivision_UnknownPleasures_ShesLostControl1979.jpg

I did a lot of christmas shopping today for my wife but couldn't help myself when I saw the GameStop. I walked in and left with Rock Band 2 for $5! B)

Helluva deal!

-----------

I bought 'The Wall' today for $19.88 on CD. There are a few other things that I'm going to list that I bought a few days ago, but I forgot to list. All of the other albums I got besides 'The Wall' are on cassette and were 99 cents in a different store.

Pink Floyd - 'The Wall' (1979)

213200.jpg

U2 - War (1983)

album-U2-War.jpg

U2 - Achtung Baby (1991)

u2-achtung-baby-cover_new_medium.jpg

Phil Collins - No Jacket Required (1985)

6a00b8ea0686dddece00c2251c4cb5549d-500pi.jpg

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (1975)

thin_lizzy_jailbreak_front.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Savers last night and got a few things. The cassettes were 99 cents, VHS $1.99 and the CD's were $1.99.

Cassettes

Aerosmith - Rocks (1976)

Aerosmith-Rocks.jpg

UB40 - Labour of Love I (1983)

labouroflove.jpg

Rush - Permanent Waves (1980)

Rush-Permanent-Waves-291052.jpg

CD's

Sublime - 40.oz to Freedom (1992)

191209832encodingjpgsize300.jpg

Sublime - Sublime (1996)

SUBLIME1996Sublime-front.jpg

VHS

Blade Runner

BladeRunner.jpg

National Lampoon's Vacation

1215208186_1215295699.jpg

I went to Goodwill today and got a few things. I bought an original Xbox for $5! It came with a controller and all of the wires, but there were no games included in the bundle or in the store. It was originally $10, but one of the cashiers that tested it out said that the guy who sold it said that the camera thingy that reads that disc wasn't that great and wouldn't read the disc so the other cashier said that he would bump the price down to $5. It was only 5 bucks so I really didn't have much to lose and I wanted to add it to my collection. I plugged it in and opened the disc tray and found 'Tha Carter' by Lil' Wayne. I don't like today's rap at all so I might donate that if I ever go back to Goodwill, but I did put it back in to see if it would read the disc and it did work, so I'm a little happy that I got an Xbox for 5 dollars! :yay: Tomorrow is payday so I guess I could stop by Gamestop and pick up a few games I guess. I also left with a few movies on VHS.

The Matrix

the-matrix.jpg

The Matrix Revolutions

51Q8oii-BoL_SX500_.jpg

007 Tomorrow Never Dies

007TNDposter.jpg

Went to Gamestop to buy some Xbox games to check if the Xbox I recently purchased for $5 works or not, but it turns out that they don't sell them anymore even though they still sell Gamecube and PS2 games :huh: . I remembered about the Toy Vault at the mall and stopped by before work. I managed to get a few games then returned to the Gamestop on the other side of the mall for some PS2 games.

What I got from the Toy Vault

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War - $2.99

Wolf.jpg

Halo: Combat Evolved - $14.99

Halo-Combat-Evolved_lg.jpg

The Suffering - $7.99

SUF-1.jpg

Xbox controller S - $7.99

Xbox_Controller_S.jpg

What I got from Gamestop

Final Fantasy XII - $7.19

final-fantasy-xii.jpg

Silent Hill 2 - $15.29

Silent_Hill_2-PS2.jpg

The Getaway - $1.99

get.jpg

Hitman: Blood Money - $6.19

hitbmone_download.jpg

There was a sign above the PS2 section that said "Buy 2, get 2 free." The Prices I put up for 'The Getaway' and 'Hitman' were the original prices, but they showed up as 0.00 on the receipt. I was a little bummed that I couldn't find Silent Hill 4, but I guess I could check some other day :( I also put $5 down to pre-order 'Silent Hill HD collection'. The collection was supposed to come out at the end of the month, but the cashier said that it got pushed back to the beginning of March and that Downpour comes out a week afterwards. Oh, and I played 'The Suffering' for a few hours and the Xbox works great... no idea why the previous owner had problems, but it's a helluva steal on my part.

I just got two dress shirts to go with a navy pinstripe suit that I under-utilize, at this store called Express at a shopping mall here in Austin.

I feel ripped off though.

Should've listened to my gut and not got them - ridiculously over-priced for what they are, so they are going to go back for a refund tomorrow. Take that, local economy!

• Like 1