What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

Biohazard (AKA Resident Evil)

bio_zps8a230e9a.jpg

Policenauts Limited Edition

p_zps41b6d198.jpg

Nice grab with the Japanese Saturn.  There's a ton of gems that never made it stateside.  Do you understand Japanese, or are you using a translation guide? (For RE1, I'll assume you have most of the game memorized anyway, because RE)

I impulsively bought Cross Edge for $12.00 used. After reading some reviews (all abysmal) I'm afraid I've wasted my money.

On a much happier note I also bought nachos. Great decision.

It's an interesting game, definitely different in some regards than pretty much all their other games but that's not always a bad thing.

Last purchase was Dragon Fantasy Book 2. I have no idea why I went on and got it since I'm going to plat 2-3 other games and 100% a third before I even start it.

Nice grab with the Japanese Saturn.  There's a ton of gems that never made it stateside.  Do you understand Japanese, or are you using a translation guide? (For RE1, I'll assume you have most of the game memorized anyway, because RE)

My Saturn hasn't come in yet. I have an American version though. My Japanese one would be for collection purposes since the power wires don't work in America or so I'm told and I'd have to get a converter. I heard that the audio for Biohazard is in English while all the text is in Japanese. I have a Game Shark for the Saturn which AlphaOmegaSin said can play Japanese games on an American Saturn. I haven't tested that so idk if it's true.

My Saturn hasn't come in yet. I have an American version though. My Japanese one would be for collection purposes since the power wires don't work in America or so I'm told and I'd have to get a converter. I heard that the audio for Biohazard is in English while all the text is in Japanese. I have a Game Shark for the Saturn which AlphaOmegaSin said can play Japanese games on an American Saturn. I haven't tested that so idk if it's true.

I can confirm that the Saturn Gameshark works as an import player.  I just figured out that I can use my Dreamcast Gameshark as an import player to play Shenmue 2.  That and I've read about various ways to play imports on Saturn.  Pro Action Replay? Or just a regular Gameshark? Either one should work, I'd guess, especially if the Dreamcast gameshark works like that.

Also, I think the Code Veronica audio was English in the Dreamcast version of CVX, but the text was Japanese, so I'm unsure if I want to deal with that.  Worse case, I have to look up some translation guides or something, cause I've only beaten CV once.

I can confirm that the Saturn Gameshark works as an import player.  I just figured out that I can use my Dreamcast Gameshark as an import player to play Shenmue 2.  That and I've read about various ways to play imports on Saturn.  Pro Action Replay? Or just a regular Gameshark? Either one should work, I'd guess, especially if the Dreamcast gameshark works like that.

Also, I think the Code Veronica audio was English in the Dreamcast version of CVX, but the text was Japanese, so I'm unsure if I want to deal with that.  Worse case, I have to look up some translation guides or something, cause I've only beaten CV once.

Code Veronica puzzles were very straightforward. Only puzzle that required a lot of reading to figure out was the paintings.