What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

The boots I was issued in the academy are awful. They wore out just a few months after they were issued and I've had a request put in for new boots for months now. Being a Red Wing fan I went to my local boot store to see if they had any Red Wing boots that would fit in policy and found a pair. Speaking with my shift Lieutenant I was given permission to purchase my boot of choice and my department would foot the bill. My local store is very pro Law Enforcement as well so not only did I get a generous discount, they sent the bill directly to my department so I didn't have to pay a dingle cent in store. 

Anyways, I went with the Red Wing 1426 8-inch boot. While they aren't broken in yet they are already 10 times more comfortable than the Magnum crap we were issued in the academy. 

01426_IS_zps2619e87e.jpg

I've owned a pair of Red Wing pull on boots since I was a Freshman in high school and I still wear them daily so I'm not concerned with the quality of my news one at all. 

Parker

• Like 1

Staples here is getting out of video games (in store, online isn't changing), so they are having a massive clearance.

At one location, I picked up:

• Sony Gold Headset
  • Microsoft Surface Type Cover
  • Xbox 360 250GB w/ Tomb Raider and Halo 4 packaged in
  • Eight games

All for about $300 bucks, which is pretty amazing considering the Xbox bundle is $249 and the Surface keyboard is $139 on their own (CDN prices).

• Like 1

It's been ages since I ever posted recent purchases, here's to flush the buffer (spoilered due to length):

Ordered AC Anthology (PS3) for 140.19AUD, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS3) for 10.68AUD, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS3) for 8.37AUD (Why again? That other one didn't arrive so I had to get a refund. At least I got a cheaper one this time, hopefully it arrives), Air Conflicts Secret Wars (PS3) for 13.00AUD, Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers (PS3) for 29.00AUD, Air Conflicts Vietnam (PS3) for 31.90AUD, Battlefield 3 (PS3) for 11.15AUD (haha, I owned BF3 three times before already, I want it a fourth time now just to record a couple of videos xD), London 2012 (PS3) for 21.52AUD, Wanted: Weapons of Fate (PS3) (German version) for 32.65AUD (German version stacks platinum), MCLA Complete Edition Disc Only (PS3) for 8.00AUD (I'm gonna buy normal edition as well... it's a long story, has to do with goal attack glitch and if I ever upload platinum video I'll explain it in its description).
I remember playing Mercenaries 2: World in Flames on PS3 many years ago over at my cousins', and it was fun. I love such games, like I loved Just Cause 2. Speaking of, I'm really glad that more news's coming out for Just Cause 3 http://www.gamefront.com/square-enix-registers-new-just-cause-3-domain/

I missed the US PSN 0.99c flash sale. I had 1USD in my US PSN account, as leftover from some free 6USD promotion years ago, but I needed at least 0.98USD more to get all that I wanted, but it would take too long to fund because my only method was buying a US PSN card with PayPal and PayPal's funds addition process takes too long and there was only 8 hours left for the sale. So I missed the sale entirely and got nothing xD
So right now all I can do is buy a resell, but eh, not really interested/motivated to go through the hassle - I'll just wait for another sale, or likelier, I'll just never buy the games and not care about them. Haha.
On other non-gloomy news, AU PSN was having a promotion: for every $50 that you add to wallet with PayPal, you get another $10 free. I added $50 and soon got a $10 voucher in my PSN inbox (and somewhy it said "expires on 31st March 2014" but I think that they meant "May", I used it successfully anyway).
I also missed the Ubisoft EU PSN sale because I was too busy in other things... thereafter I saw Far Cry 4's announcement (obviously the sale was planned with this announcement or something, on the EU PSN blog), I'm gladdened, and now I also give up Far Cry series completionism due to things that I'm appreciating from Far Cry 4 and Ubisoft.

I ordered BF3 and PvZ GOTY Edition for free from Origin's "On The House" thingy (thanks to Gri for informing me), but I just ordered them for free, so they're in my account... I'm not actually gonna download Origin to download/play them.

On 2014.06.22, eBay had a 15% off for that specific day (I thought "paint me yellow call me a Tails-fan" haha as I had shirts in mind xD)... it was just over an hour from midnight and to purchase something I had to rely on the seller reïnvoicing me before then after I ordered, so I ordered and prayed that he did, but as zero hour came I realised that that's not happening, so I was about to use the coupon anyway and ask for partial refund (combined postage reïnvoicing as mentioned earlier) later... right when I click pay it says coupon expired :'( Fail... haha, in the end I paid 81.08AUD! That probably sounded confusing, but anyway, one comes with a beanie, and another is colour-changing upon sunlight... which I never get :rolleyes:

Yesterday I got a PS Vita wifi original model with recharger, case, 16GB memory card, Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, FIFA Football, and Modnation Racers Road Trip; all for 175AUD.
A minor note: the bundle had artificial scent residue all over it, which is annoying to me as I don't like that and am sensitive to that, but it doesn't matter as it'll wear off and I've been using my fan to help it. I understand though as it is preöwned and this is a part of what you accept, so I willingly accept it of course; and I've had one stronger case about 0.5y ago with bulk toys that I bought, but thankfully anyway almost all items that you buy don't have smells like artificial scent residue, smoke, and suchlike.
I don't care about those four games, so I'll sell all of them (at most I'll play Resistance: Burning Skies before I do), but anyway, last night I ordered S&ASRT (PSV) for 25.90AUD.

Edited by Shadowrider50

Darksiders 2 is repetitive as fuck, you should really play Darksiders 1 instead

I already own Darksiders 1, but I have yet to play it. I plan on playing both games, but thanks for the advice I guess.

Intuos_Pen_Touch_Wacom.jpg

My old Wacom has seen better days so I have finally decided to upgrade :)  For £50 this definitely seems like a great deal (considering I paid over £100 for the same kind of tablet but with a lot less features, etc years ago).

Oh and new walking sandals/trainers for taking my dog walks :)