Is it that bad?

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to know if this game is as bad as some people say?
I'm a huge fan of skateboarding games: i began skateboarding 15 years ago when i first played THPS1, have played every THPS and skate games since then (and platted what i could plat :P).

I'm really, really looking forward to buy this game, but what i saw the last few days scares me.

Will i enjoy this game? I don't especially care about glitchs when you bail (because i don't bail much :D), but are there enough levels? Are they big enough? Are the goals varied? (except for the usual COMBO, SKATE, and find the hidden tape..)

Edited by lesk8vaincra

There are many thoughts online, none of them good im sad to say. The games apparently too easy, buggy and unfinished to warrant a purchase from even the most hardcore fan, and even though you were looking forward to it I suggest you set your sights elsewhere for now, at least until Skate 4 gets announced.

A user's thoughts on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3n6p90/early_impressions_of_tony_hawk_pro_skater_5/

Edited by Saltyie

Why not wait until its in the bargain bins? There's plenty of good games out or coming out shortly.

Or do what that user in the linked Reddit post suggested. Wait until it's in the bargain bin. Then patiently wait a bit longer to find it in the dumpster behind the store. I enjoyed that line.

• Like 1

I think you shouldn't let your nostalgia of the older games motivate you to but this one. I was worried this might happen with this game and all the signs have been there

• No early copies were given to reviewers
  • A massive day 1 patch that rivals the space of the actual game(The game is 4.6GB the Patch is 7.7GB 
  • None of the gameplay videos looked promising
  • Little to no advertising whatsoever since its announcement

In short, they had such low confidence in their game that they didn't want anyone to get an early peak. They knowingly released a buggy game, hence the massive day 1 patch. (The game is 4.6GB the Patch is 7.7GB). 

And dont forget they want $60 for this. If you absolutely have to have this i suggest waiting until Black Friday next month where hopefully some sane individual will price this at a more deserving $20, which is still too much but will feel a lot less painful.

I tried uploading a photo but it didn't work, maybe it's because I'm flagged, I don't know, either way, I still don't think I cheated and won't block the game, so sorry for making you click on a link.

This being the said link, https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12036931_494858247339193_3386071913286930758_n.jpg?oh=0547927154007c3ed016e1a3444bc325&oe=569E61C1

It's a pro and con list I made up for someone else, that I dumped on Facebook, and this is a direct link to the image, so it should still be up for a while. 

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...