Final Fantasy VII Remake: Are You Hyped?

PaulKnightZexx

I am very much looking forward to what changes they make to the battle system.  I am worried that it won't be as good as the original, but there is the potential to do something awesome with it.  I am also looking forward to playing the port that should come out this winter.

Couple of wet farts in here.

I'm very, very interested in seeing what they do with it.  Even if you hate the game, how could you not be interested in seeing what happens with such a high profile remake.  If anything, it just gives people more to bitch about when it ends up bad.  And I know some of you people live for new reasons to complain. :P  Just think of all the potential "Likes" you could get from all of your hipster (gaming hipster, not real hipster), anti-mainstream, super unique and interesting friends when you tell us all that "you told us so".

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 3

Couple of wet farts in here.

I'm very, very interested in seeing what they do with it.  Even if you hate the game, how could you not be interested in seeing what happens with such a high profile remake.  If anything, it just gives people more to bitch about when it ends up bad.  And I know some of you people live for new reasons to complain. :P  Just think of all the potential "Likes" you could get from all of your hipster (gaming hipster, not real hipster), anti-mainstream, super unique and interesting friends when you tell us all that "you told us so".

The problem I personally have with FFVII is the fact that it's over shadowing the rest of the series with it's popularity to the point that other great entries end up being mostly forgotten in favor of it.

If Square Enix is gonna remaster FFVII then they should do the same with the rest of the series as well. It's only fair.

The game itself is okay but that's really it.

If Square Enix is gonna remaster FFVII then they should do the same with the rest of the series as well. It's only fair.

Are you serious?

This isn't a remaster, it's a remake.  Millions of dollars poured into it, built from scratch kind of stuff.  Even if you hate the game, you have to be in complete denial to not recognize that Final Fantasy VII is the only entry with enough draw to warrant remaking considering the cost.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I'm looking forward to seeing what it will end up being like and I'll still probably get it, but VII is nowhere near my favourite FF. Somewhat worried about the battle system changes they're doing, but still interested to see what they come up with for it (hoping it'll not be too similiar to the action-y battle systems they do nowadays, but I suppose it can't really stay with the good old turn-based system either).

Edited by zadorvp
  • Like 1

Are you serious?

This isn't a remaster, it's a remake.  Millions of dollars poured into it, built from scratch kind of stuff.  Even if you hate the game, you have to be in complete denial to not recognize that Final Fantasy VII is the only entry with enough draw to warrant remaking considering the cost.

Yes I'm serious.

And that "draw" is the problem that I pointed out in my comment which you seem to have cut out for some reason.

And I meant Remake not Remaster mistype on my part.

And that "draw" is the problem that I pointed out in my comment which you seem to have cut out for some reason.

The problem I personally have with FFVII

"Have a problem with" the player, don't "have a problem with" the game.  They're the ones making it financially viable.

That and your expectation of them remaking all Final Fantasy games because they're remaking the most popular one is OUTRAGEOUSLY unrealistic.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

"Have a problem with" the player, don't "have a problem with" the game.  They're the ones making it financially viable.

That and your expectation of them remaking all Final Fantasy games because they're remaking the most popular one is OUTRAGEOUSLY unrealistic.

Maybe they should cancel the remake and then focus on FFXV and the series's future instead then.

And no, it's not "OUTRAGEOUSLY" unrealistic they don't have to spend tens or hundreds of millions to remake all of them.

Maybe they should cancel the remake and then focus on FFXV and the series's future instead then.

And no, it's not "OUTRAGEOUSLY" unrealistic they don't have to spend tens or hundreds of millions to remake all of them.

You said it's "only fair" to completely remake 13 games... or more if you count the direct sequels.  And now you're basically saying "focus on XV, or remake 13 different games" because you don't care for FFVII.  Yes, that's an insane proposition.  You're a crazy person. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

You said it's "only fair" to completely remake 13 games... or more if you count the direct sequels.  And now you're basically saying "focus on XV, or remake 13 different games" because you don't care for FFVII.  Yes, that's an insane proposition.  You're a crazy person. xD

If remaking the whole series is "crazy" like you said then they shouldn't even bother then which is what I said. Either do them all or none at all.

Either show love to the whole series by remaking all of them, don't bother remaking them, cancel FFVII and focus on the future or have one title devour everything and have the series die with it.

And I DO care about FFVII but I also care about other games in the series unlike the majority and the fact that this one title is getting all this love but all the other games in the series are being abandoned to do so is terrible.

Last, don't call people "crazy" unless you want to be ignored. :rolleyes::facepalm:

The only things I get hyped about are "plot" and Kingdom Hearts. This is not Kingdom Hearts and I haven't seen any gameplay footage with plot included so I am not hyped at this point. If they announced they were changing the physics engine to something more Senran Kagura style I would be hyping my pants, but that is not the case.

50% Hyped and 50% casting a critical eye on it. They said they would change various battle system mechanics and modify the story in certain parts.

We'll see how it goes.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra