Worth getting PS3 in Oct 2015?

FireHotStickies

100% yes! You'll be able to pick up loads of cheap games in CEX, Game, on eBay, hell even Poundland have PS3 games sometimes! xD You may not have time right now to play but if you are looking for console you can't go wrong with the PS3 (especially at that price!), there is such a huge variety of games and you can use it for other things like BBC iplayer, youtube, watching blurays etc. :)

I knew about the sliding disk tray and don't think it will bother me. Anyone else agree that the slim makes less noise, or would recommend the slim over the super slim model?

Well, I also have the Super slim, it looks absolutely cheap (fragile), no children at home, so no worries about accidents.

I bought it because that's what you get in the stores, so I can buy warranty from Sony, otherwise I'd prefer the regular slim over the super slim.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Seller of the £65 PS3 Super Slim isn't getting back to me, I reckon he has sold it. Should have nabbed it when I saw it.  :(

Found a Slim 250GB without box and in very good condition with 11 games for £100. Have just contacted the seller so see if he gets back to me.

Probably won't play more than half the games so can sell and will probably get £40-50 back.

What do you guys think about the slim console? Should I get it or wait and see if I can find another cheap superslim?

Btw, thanks for all the help and advice so far guys. Much appreciated!  :D

Mine is a slim and still going strong, in spite of a few tumbles onto the floor at one point. They're pretty durable, the only sign that mine was dropped is a bit of cosmetic damage on the corner by the power button where the thin part of the case was a bit bent out of shape.

Everything still works, and works quietly. I love my slim.

I suggest you get a Super Slim, as I bought mine brand new 6 months ago and the fans are very quiet cannot hear it at all compared to my older slim model which barely turns on anymore, and the sliding disk tray is convenient and strong + keeps my disks in better shape (no sliding disc in and out), I can flip my console from side to flat while playing a game and no worry of disc movement or getting stuck inside. The HDD is extremely easy to access with the quick remove plate on the side of the console and it doesn't look like a dinosaur.

I'd also buy it brand new or pre owned from Game Stop only. Never buy a console from a seller site like craigslist, you'll just end up with a loud pile of junk that will go out on you very quickly.

• Like 1

I knew about the sliding disk tray and don't think it will bother me. Anyone else agree that the slim makes less noise, or would recommend the slim over the super slim model?

Dunno what should be wrong with SS. I wouldnt say it looks cheap, I would call it minimalistic and I like it. Also it has a toploader drive. Sure it isnt "cool", but my SS is less noisy than the SlimK of a former buddy. Also, when the Slim breaks, the disc will stuck. Thats impossible with the toploader of the SS :P However, cant complain about my SS or its design, and the price mentioned in the OP is unbeatable. Personally I would never buy secondhand hardware, because, ewwwww... but yeah, everyone must decide that by theirself.

The seller of the console in the OP got back to me and told me it was still for sale, I then asked if I could buy it from him but I still haven't got a reply so he can forget about it.

Found a 320GB Slim on eBay with 2 controllers, all leads and box for £88 delivered. It's in mint condition from the photos, looks clean and comes with box (I'm a bit obsessed with keeping boxes haha) so I am pretty pleased with the price. Will post when I actually get it and see how it is.

Now all I need to do is buy some games and find some free time!

• Like 1

The seller of the console in the OP got back to me and told me it was still for sale, I then asked if I could buy it from him but I still haven't got a reply so he can forget about it.

Found a 320GB Slim on eBay with 2 controllers, all leads and box for £88 delivered. It's in mint condition from the photos, looks clean and comes with box (I'm a bit obsessed with keeping boxes haha) so I am pretty pleased with the price. Will post when I actually get it and see how it is.

Now all I need to do is buy some games and find some free time!

That's a pretty sweet deal. Pretty soon you will be jumping onto the PS4 and X1 train.

That's a pretty sweet deal. Pretty soon you will be jumping onto the PS4 and X1 train.

Thanks. Think I will be happy with it, have been in contact with seller and he says it has been well looked after and can tell he's a decent guy from his messages.

Yeah, I might jump on the PS4 train in a couple of years, once I'm finished uni and the library has built up. The PS3 will tide me over until then.

• Like 1