Project Platinum: Metal Gear (old->closed)

Xionx

I'll be joining. The emblem descriptions confuse me a bit, but I understand what they're trying to mean at least. Current Metal Gear that I have already plat or have reached a 100% completion ratio with:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3 ver.)

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3 ver.)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4 ver.)

And that's it. Going for the Metal Gear Solid 2, Peace Walker, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance plats whenever I get the chance to. Dunno which one I'll go for first. And don't think I'll ever go for the Vita versions of the game, or rather, plat them. I could try Ground Zeroes on the PS4, and see if I plan on 100% completing it there. And I doubt I'll go go The Phantom Pain with the PS3, but who knows.

yeah i will try to find easier descriptions , im always little bit complicated and my thoughts are little bit complicated too.  But it is only few hours old so maybe i change little bit later. :)  (added you for teddy bear, i know it is harder to get emblems in my PP, but you are close to a few of them )

• Like 1

I would like to enter as I am a huge Metal Gear fan (as most people know I'm kind of obsessed with it :P )

I have the following platinums/100%

1. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3) 
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)
  3. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4 
  5. Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (PS4)

I will also be getting the platinum for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain but I will be saving that for 1st January :D 

• Like 1

I would like to enter as I am a huge Metal Gear fan (as most people know I'm kind of obsessed with it :P )

I have the following platinums/100%

1. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3) 
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)
  3. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4 
  5. Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (PS4)

I will also be getting the platinum for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain but I will be saving that for 1st January :D

If you have only one trophy left , and you can proof me that you are unlocking it with single short effort , than i add your MG 5 plat :)  (like screenshot on ps4 pretty easy to do)

At moment you earned Teddy Bear Emblem and Solid Snake saga ,  but with you MGS5 (ps4) you can earn two more emblems for bigboss saga and ps4 completion :)

•  If you are part of Dragon-Archon's Plat Rain Day event i will accept entries of games were one trophy has yet to be earned. If possible try to leave an easy one as last. (to hard trophys left are not accepted, so post the missing trophy)

Yay another cross-over event, this is becoming popular :dance:. I'll add a link to this thread too in the Plat Rain Day event (since everyone is calling it that way, I should really change the name).

Also I'm saving the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance plat for January 1st. I don't have any easy trophies left and got those before starting the event. But I made it all the way to the last phase of the final boss fight and saved there. All I have to do is beat him without taking damage to unlock the No Damage trophy and the trophy for obtaining S ranks on Revengeance difficulty.

TURTLE!  :yay:

I'm a turtle too :highfive:. Now there are 4, so we have a complete team for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I call dibs on Leonardo :awesome:.

• Like 1

Well, well.

I just so happen to have two Metal Gear Plats.

Namely, for Revengeance and Peace Walker, both on the PS3 of course. It would be an honour to be a Teddy Bear Turtle.

I added you in the hall of fame :) gratz

Yay another cross-over event, this is becoming popular :dance:. I'll add a link to this thread too in the Plat Rain Day event (since everyone is calling it that way, I should really change the name).

Also I'm saving the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance plat for January 1st. I don't have any easy trophies left and got those before starting the event. But I made it all the way to the last phase of the final boss fight and saved there. All I have to do is beat him without taking damage to unlock the No Damage trophy and the trophy for obtaining S ranks on Revengeance difficulty.

I'm a turtle too :highfive:. Now there are 4, so we have a complete team for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I call dibs on Leonardo :awesome:.

hehe ok nice , im happy that atleast one got my joke with the turtle xD

Requesting permission to join!

I have the MGS2 and MGS3's platinums, and will start working on MGS4 soon.

Awesome way to motivate the players.

you earned you first Emblem : the teddy bear emblem.  Hope to see some more emblems for you soon =) take your time but never forget, you are on the beginning of this hard journey to Big Boss emblem.

Okay, this seems like a good reason to finally start with this franchise.

With what game would you recommend me to start? Probably with the first one. Is there a HD collection or something for the first games?

it depents how deep you want to go into the story and franchise.  If you want almost everything you should start with MGS1 (no trophies but still a masterpiece) .. then you cann follow with mgs2 and mgs4 ..  this would be the solid snake saga (playing mgs3 between 2 and 4 helps to understand some background story but you dont play as solid snake).  For the Big Boss saga you should play  mgs3 , peace walker , ground zeros and phantom pain. every thing is connected but can be played alone too.

And there is a HD collection for ps3 with mgs2 +mgs3 +peace walker , on vita only mgs2 +mgs3   (because peace walker was a psp game and is still  available on vita too without trophies)

• Like 1

Okay, this seems like a good reason to finally start with this franchise.

With what game would you recommend me to start? Probably with the first one. Is there a HD collection or something for the first games?

it depents how deep you want to go into the story and franchise.  If you want almost everything you should start with MGS1 (no trophies but still a masterpiece) .. then you cann follow with mgs2 and mgs4 ..  this would be the solid snake saga (playing mgs3 between 2 and 4 helps to understand some background story but you dont play as solid snake).  For the Big Boss saga you should play  mgs3 , peace walker , ground zeros and phantom pain. every thing is connected but can be played alone too.

And there is a HD collection for ps3 with mgs2 +mgs3 +peace walker , on vita only mgs2 +mgs3   (because peace walker was a psp game and is still  available on vita too without trophies)

Actually, I'd play them in release order. Both because that's how Kojima got the story evolving, as well as the control scheme slowly getting refined with each progressive game.

That's why I did: Got the Legacy Collection, then played MG, MG2, MGS, MGS2 and MGS3. Contemplating playing Portable Ops before starting MGS4 (it came out before).

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

it depents how deep you want to go into the story and franchise. If you want almost everything you should start with MGS1 (no trophies but still a masterpiece) .. then you cann follow with mgs2 and mgs4 .. this would be the solid snake saga (playing mgs3 between 2 and 4 helps to understand some background story but you dont play as solid snake). For the Big Boss saga you should play mgs3 , peace walker , ground zeros and phantom pain. every thing is connected but can be played alone too.

And there is a HD collection for ps3 with mgs2 +mgs3 +peace walker , on vita only mgs2 +mgs3 (because peace walker was a psp game and is still available on vita too without trophies)

Thanks, so I will play mgs 1-4, then peace walker, ground zero and phantom pain. And somewhere in between probably metal gear rising.

Oh boy, that's a lot to do. But I will try the first game first to see if this franchise is something for me.

Edit: I tried to get the Legacy Collection but I couldn't find it yet. If I find it I will play it in release order.

Edited by Kurorac

Thanks, so I will play mgs 1-4, then peace walker, ground zero and phantom pain. And somewhere in between probably metal gear rising.

Oh boy, that's a lot to do. But I will try the first game first to see if this franchise is something for me.

Edit: I tried to get the Legacy Collection but I couldn't find it yet. If I find it I will play it in release order.

if you want to play MG rising too (it is a good game) than play it after mgs4 , because story is after mgs4.

I have no plats so far...but will join eventually. All of them are hard but MGS3.....

I have MGS2-3 for Vita and PS3.

Peace Walker, Rising,  and MGS4 for PS3.

I think someone should makes Tales of Club.....

Project Platinum Threads stay open for a very long time , so you have plenty of time :) .

Tales of -series is coming , im not sure who gonna make it but im sure someone will make one.

I would like to join. Right now the only platinum I have is Metal Gear Solid 4. I guess that qualifies me for the Teddy Bear Emblem.  :D

I just ordered the HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I also already have Revengeance in my backlog. Might take me a while to work through them all but hopefully I'll be adding some emblems before too long.

I'm in.

I have all PS3 Metal Gears and have already platinumed Guns of the Patriots and 100%ed Ground Zeroes (96% of trophies in The Phantom Pain)

added :)

I would like to join since there is no time limit.

I don't have any Metal Gear games on my account yet, but i'll start playing them once i'm done with my other games.

nice , im looking forward  to see some plats :)

I would like to join. Right now the only platinum I have is Metal Gear Solid 4. I guess that qualifies me for the Teddy Bear Emblem.  :D

I just ordered the HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I also already have Revengeance in my backlog. Might take me a while to work through them all but hopefully I'll be adding some emblems before too long.

added ! take your time.

dont forget that every MGS Plat is something to be proud of , even without getting emblems !

• Like 2

NEW:

After reaching a Trophy stage you get the Trophy + the points on the LeaderBoard for Project Platinum Events.

You can earn every Trophy stage only once in this event, even if there are more Emblems in same category.

E.g : you get Diamond Dog Emblem , you earn Gold ->bwyUbhQ.jpg -trophy . You get 6 points on leaderboard even if you have another Gold or silver or bronze in this event. Only Platinum would push you up to 12 points. 

Trophies:

Platinum : Ojhn1eV.jpg

Gold      : bwyUbhQ.jpg

Silver    : Xc3lb8L.jpg

Bronze  :fJY0j21.jpg

So it's been more than 2 days already and I still haven't been added.

oh i missunderstood your post , i thought you plan to save the last fight for plat, didnt recogniced that you already there. so i add you to rising (+ teddy bear) .

sry i missread your post.