Project Platinum: Metal Gear (old->closed)

Xionx

I don't really like the idea of the teddy bear emblem since it doesn't have anything to do with Metal Gear 

Why not make it the Otaku emblem in reference to Otacon

WkXkk.jpg

Chicken? , Frog? Alien? .... all not really releated to MGS , but still there is a MGS4 Emblem for them :)

i like the Teddy Bear Emblem , its a Bear emblem .... just a cute one.

I've never played one of these games but I want to. My only question is what games count for the Solid Snake Saga to get the Raven emblem, and the Big Boss Saga to get the Wolf emblem?

Solid snake Saga :

MGS2

MGS4

Big Boss:

MGS3

Peace Walker

Phantom Pain

Ground zeros

=) I know MGS2 is more Raiden than solid snake but i think it is fitting that way (2plats vs 3Plats)

Edit: added some MG - Style Font in Emblem Headers

Edited by Xionx

missing the CHICKEN HAT EMBLEM

for users like me who have almost all the games and loves MGS but didn't get to finish a single game with a platinum trophy...

;)

thats what the PP Hall of fame is for , to motivate you to plat a MG-Game :)  , i know that MG games are hard to plat , but take your time and enjoy it :)  , but in this thread is everyone welcome to talk about Metal Gear , even if you dont have a Plat :)

I'd like to be a part of this, though I have a bit of an issue with the requirements for emblems.

I have every platinum/100% for MGS 2, 3, 4, PW, 5:GZ and MGR:R all on ps3...except for 5:TPP (I don't own it yet). That's 6 games, yet somehow that only qualifies me for the Raven and Turtle Emblem?

I don't have a ps4 and no intention of buying a Vita, so automatically that excludes me from ever earning a Big Boss rank. Which I'm kind of okay with since it's the greatest challenge/total # of games. But a hypothetical situation: if I were to plat TPP on ps4, that would move me up 1 rank to...Wolf? Doesn't make sense to me. If I got it on ps3 that would earn a Foxhound, which is the second highest and does make sense...but I'd still prefer to do it on ps4. I just think the division between platforms makes it problematic; though I don't yet have any suggestions on how to fix/improve it, I do think it needs to be looked at.

Edit: unless I misinterpreted which category I fall into, ignore this. :facepalm:

Edited by SuperUnDonny

I'd like to be a part of this, though I have a bit of an issue with the requirements for emblems.

I have every platinum/100% for MGS 2, 3, 4, PW, 5:GZ and MGR:R all on ps3...except for 5:TPP (I don't own it yet). That's 6 games, yet somehow that only qualifies me for the Raven and Turtle Emblem?

I don't have a ps4 and no intention of buying a Vita, so automatically that excludes me from ever earning a Big Boss rank. Which I'm kind of okay with since it's the greatest challenge/total # of games. But a hypothetical situation: if I were to plat TPP on ps4, that would move me up 1 rank to...Wolf? Doesn't make sense to me. If I got it on ps3 that would earn a Foxhound, which is the second highest and does make sense...but I'd still prefer to do it on ps4. I just think the division between platforms makes it problematic; though I don't yet have any suggestions on how to fix/improve it, I do think it needs to be looked at.

Edit: unless I misinterpreted which category I fall into, ignore this. :facepalm:

Yeah but Raven is silver rank , and thats not bad in this hard event .  and only TPP left for gold rank !  in my opinion thats awesome

you get Raven, Turtle , and Teddy Bear .    3 of 8 Emblems , with TPP you get nr4 + 5 (wolf and foxhound)  .   with only 1 of 3 consoles it is pretty good to reach gold and half of all emblems :)

i add you :)

Edit: oh sry , you want to play it on ps4 , sry , jeah than you only get wolf : /  .   i was not thinking about this problem . maybe i add another gold for beating every game , without locked on a single console.

Edited by Xionx

Thanks. :)

But wait, it says all plats/100% on ps3 for Foxhound...but if I got TPP plat on ps4, I still wouldn't meet that requirement and would still only be at Wolf - even though I'd have every individual game done, just not on the same platform.

I'm not too worried about it right now, it will probably be several months before I buy a ps4 and TPP and another month or two to complete it.

Edit: lol you ninja'd me with your edit...but yeah, now you know exactly what I was getting at. B)

Edited by SuperUnDonny

Thanks. :)

But wait, it says all plats/100% on ps3 for Foxhound...but if I got TPP plat on ps4, I still wouldn't meet that requirement and would still only be at Wolf - even though I'd have every individual game done, just not on the same platform.

I'm not too worried about it right now, it will probably be several months before I buy a ps4 and TPP and another month or two to complete it.

Edit: lol you ninja'd me with your edit...but yeah, now you know exactly what I was getting at. B)

i have added an new Rank  , The Boss emblem ,  for getting plat /100%  in every unique titel .  And Diamond Dog Emblem is a Silver now (down from Gold) , because only TPP + GZ on ps4  is littlebit to easy for a gold.

Quick question:

Is it necessary to replay the versions?

E.g.  I platted MGS2 on PS3 and through the system link I instantly earn the trophies on PSV. This isn't considered hacking, right?

it iwould be new to me,if you could autopop trophies on mgs like this .  If it is not from cloudsave or other sony save file transfer than it is hacking :) .

Thats awesome . you show high dedication . i will add you to the leaderboard asap :)

Hello to everyone,

I want to apply too. At the moment I have just MGS3 with Platinum, I am working at Peace Walker for the moment. Then the plan is to get 100% in Ground Zeroes and then let´s see how it works with Phantom Pain. My time is limited, but I try to do my best ;-)

thats fine , i also have only one Plat :) take your time. enjoy the MGS world :) i add you to the teddy bear emblem.

just a question: How does it work with these emblems? Is it "just" a leaderboard? Can you short explain - thanks

forget it, checked it now. Is there an automatically update, if I get more plats or do I have to inform you?

Please inform me =) i cannot check all participants every day :) so just tell me all your new and old Plats,  so i can find out your reached emblems faster

Awesome thread, would like to sign up as well to finish my Metal Gear backlogs.

I currently have Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3) and Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance platinums.

nice , i add you :) teddy bear aaaaaand turtle :)

Hello, I'm a huge fan of MGS Saga! I have the platinum and 100% for all the Metal Gear games now (I finally earn the MGS V: TPP platinum a few days ago :D ). So I would like to participate in this event and earn an Emblem too! I also bought the Metal Gear Solid PSOne Classic version and the VR MISSIONS, I don't know if it counts for something. BTW I'm glad to help anyone to earn some MGS: Peace Walker CO-OPS trophies.

• Like 1