Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

5 hours ago, Happy said:

Will continue to run the Souls PP and will actually try to maintain somewhat of an update schedule which i clearly haven't in the past. Don't mind the No Refunds PP ending, i really just made that one as a joke to begin with.

Kind of a shame we would have to disband No Refunds. That one was genuinely hilarious.

On 19-8-2017 at 6:54 AM, Blue Flare said:

a lot of new PPs will open up and I would be willing to do the Senran Kagura one as it could already be a partial PP and maybe become a full PP later as the new Burst remake is coming out for PS4 next year.

Not sure if you're aware, so posting this just in case, but the current admin will have dibs on creating a new PP if mixed bags are broken up.

On 18-8-2017 at 10:26 PM, soultaker655 said:

Artist but not creator. If you went with that line of thinking you would put most of the Final Fantasy games and the Kingdom Hearts games together not because they're made by Square Enix but because Yoko shimomura did the music for them.

On 18-8-2017 at 10:18 PM, Leon Castle said:

Dragon Quest`s Artist is Akira Toriyama the man behind Dragon Ball, I think that`s the reason he put there

Most FF and KH games share the same artist (IIRC Tetsuya Nomura), so they can be merged :P . And I bet @Satoshi Ookami would love to do a HanaKana PP. But seriously, I also don't think games sharing the same artist should be a reason to make games eligible for PPs.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

In interest of quality control here is a PP that I claimed a while back that just finally got enough games. Does the idea seem good enough for a new PP?

The MOBA and arena shooter PP. The "Masters of the Arena PP".

Games:

• Overwatch
  • Lawbreakers
  • Paladins
  • Drawn to Death
  • Battleborn
  • Smite
Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

On the talk of throwing out / refreshing the mixed bag PPs. I would close down and unclaim all games in the Alien Invasions and Angels & Demons PPs besides the following games:

• Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda 
  • Diablo III
  • Diablo III Reaper of Souls
  • Sacred 2
  • Sacred 3
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Doom 3
  • Doom

The Mass Effect games for a Mass Effect PP.

• Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda 

Diablo and Sacred for a ARPG or Diablo clone PP with:

• Diablo III
  • Sacred 2
  • Sacred 3
  • VICTOR VRAN
  • GAUNTLET
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2
  • TWO WORLDS II

The Duke Nukem and Doom games could go with the Wolfenstein games for a old-school shooter PP:

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Doom
  • Doom 3
  • WOLFENSTEIN (if it's still obtainable)
  • WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER
  • WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

but i'm not sure if any admin claimed the Wolfenstein games. And i'm not sure of the quality of such a PP.

I would like for Alienation to go into a Housemarque PP, but that would be up to the other admins who claimed the other Housemarque games.

Both the Alien Invasions and Angels & Demons PPs are kind of a mess because of how shaky and vague the idea behind them is. This has lead to two low quality PP where no one really ever ranked up or made it to gold rank. (one person in Alien Invasions and that's because that person joined at gold rank.)

Edited by soultaker655

2 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

If i were to make a more simple sheet relying on excel functions. Who would be willing to help maintain it? 

Once we know exactly which PPs will be included in the leaderboard and have a system everyone can be relatively pleased with, I'll be more than happy to maintain it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Diablo and Sacred for a ARPG or Diablo clone PP with:

• Diablo III
  • Sacred 2
  • Sacred 3
  • VICTOR VRAN
  • GAUNTLET
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2
  • TWO WORLDS II

If the PP No Refunds is stopped, you can add Overlord Fellowship of Evil to this, since it's a Diablo clone too.

On ‎18‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 7:03 PM, soultaker655 said:

Telltale: Full PP :platinum:

• The Walking Dead
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones
  • Minecraft: Story Mode
  • Batman: The Telltale Series
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two
  • Batman: The Enemy Within
  • More later.

In this case you'd have to include Back to the Future: The Game and CSI: Fatal Conspiracy as well. While they're totally different to the above mentioned games, they've also been developed by Telltale Games. In this case it would be again some kind of mixed bag PP.

Nevertheless, I fully support the idea of a Telltale PP.

• Like 1

Of my PPs only really want to keep Baka Hentai! and the yet to be started Touhou PP, I haven't updated the PP in a while due to not knowing what was going on behind the scenes as well as sticking to an update per month despite what people might want so...

On 18/08/2017 at 4:14 PM, GarciaFever said:

If it's still available, I can be able to take over the Baka Hentai PP.

NO.

Anyway will put BlazBlue, 5pb and KEY up for anybody to take over and I hope certain mixed bags do at least get a pass as some games just don't qualify otherwise but in regards to my PPs Baka Hentai! anyway since Touhou isn't up yet: 

I will be changing a lot:

1. Completely wiping/resetting the thread tally on each person to remove those not active especially 1 post wonders...
  2. Adding a few personal rules unless @xZoneHunter objects to them those being 25 post minimum to join, no just posting just a list/demanding updates since want discussion on the games to keep threads active if people want just lists update your platinum lists
  3. Redoing the emblems and finish working on the banner since have to do that all myself now as well as fixing some write ups and rank names
  4. Rebalancing the ranks in regards to what/how much must be earned per rank
  5. Updates will be monthly no matter what

But this won't be done until I know what is going on with the PPs which gives time to do at least emblems and such in the background and I wouldn't complain about the monthly updates as I have a reason for that as well just because updates are a month apart does not mean inactivity.

Haven't said anything about Dengeki as without knowing the fate of mixed bags I won't comment but Baka Hentai! is the PP I would prefer running along with Touhou.

Think that covers everything?

• Like 3

I want to take over the KEY PP but I kinda don`t feel worthy as I have zero KEY Plats and Games, but I love Little Busters and like Rewrite.

if mixed bags have to go, please let them be open to February 2018

Next time I ask for a update on one of PPs I have participate in, I try to say what I like and loved and maybe hate(that part is rare)

Is it okay to promote the new Games that comes in PPs that series is part of?

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

I spent my afternoon working on the leaderboard. It's obviously not fully up to date, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you want to see your score, just fill in your name in one of the cells in the A column and the sheet should fetch you your score. Your score is based on how well the PP creators updated their own PP tab, so i know your score probably isn't correct. But we'll get it more up to date in the future.

Also, since i wrote everything today. If you notice that your score doesn't add up to whats in all of the PP tabs. Let me know, i might've forgotten to add one.

Thanks for your hard work on the leaderboard! I just added all the scores to the Big Brother tab and noticed everything running much smoother and faster than Leaderboard 2.0 :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I spent my afternoon working on the leaderboard. It's obviously not fully up to date, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you want to see your score, just fill in your name in one of the cells in the A column and the sheet should fetch you your score. Your score is based on how well the PP creators updated their own PP tab, so i know your score probably isn't correct. But we'll get it more up to date in the future.

Also, since i wrote everything today. If you notice that your score doesn't add up to whats in all of the PP tabs. Let me know, i might've forgotten to add one.

Love your work :highfive:

Already feel motivated to finish more PP's 

• Like 1

@xZoneHunter I'll keep running the AC PP and it's up-to-date.

However, I'd like some assistance with filling in the leaderboard; on top of uni work I'm also having to finish off tests/trials from an employer about a potentially internship so I don't have much time, let alone the PP is one of the more populated out of the lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

@xZoneHunter I'll keep running the AC PP and it's up-to-date.

However, I'd like some assistance with filling in the leaderboard; on top of uni work I'm also having to finish off tests/trials from an employer about a potentially internship so I don't have much time, let alone the PP is one of the more populated out of the lot.

Yes i know. Thats why i said once a month. Once a month should be doable right? If you only have 1 PP it shouldnt take that much time.

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

With the leaderboard figured out, it's time to move on the next step. Which is quality control of the existing PP threads. I know i've expressed interest towards the idea of disbanding every currently existing PP thread, however since there's still interested in some of them i'm going for a different approach. If the creator still wants to continue their mixed bag thread we'll keep it, otherwise they'll be disbanded. ( = Thread will be closed/delisted, ranks will not count on the leaderboard anymore and games will be up for grabs again) However if you do want to keep going with your Mixed bag PP, i want you to see how well it has been doing since it has been up and ask yourself if it's worth having it up as a PP thread. Since a lot of these threads were not successful. 

So, if i mentioned you here - let me know whether or not you want to continue with your Mixed bag thread.

That's it for now... If i missed a PP thread, let me know :D 

Yeah, I'll continue hosting these PPs.

• Like 1

@xZoneHunter The one currently in charge of Yaoi and NIS PP threads, i would still like to be in charge of those two even if i haven't updated in a while (i apologize for that), i would do my best to keep it updated monthly or weekly though after i get a break from my honeymoon (limited desktop access)

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1