Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

6 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I found this:

Dynasty Warriors: Online

L9c5345.png

I don`t mind a unlocalized Warriors PP being made but It`s up to @xZoneHunter if that PP can be made

It`s fine, it gives me time to think up a Bonus Award for Anime Warriors and Unlocalized Warriors.

I'm not familiar with this, I'm afraid. Though a quick search tells me that the platinum for it takes 700-1000 hours to get, so ouch.

21 hours ago, cckerberos said:

I'm not familiar with this, I'm afraid. Though a quick search tells me that the platinum for it takes 700-1000 hours to get, so ouch.

1000 hours:jaymon:... I`am glad this did not come to the west as I`am not big on MMOs

6 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

1000 hours:jaymon:... I`am glad this did not come to the west as I`am not big on MMOs

Reading into this a bit more, it's absolutely insane. For example, you have to win a certain type of battle 200 times, but you can normally only do that battle once every two weeks unless you pay money.

Now my Warriors PP have a Banner and Icons to the Ranks and Special Awards(I even have a Award for the Unlocalized Warriors games)

Can a Digimon PP be made? It have only four games now and a new ``Digimon Story`` game is in development

the Games:

1. Digimon All-Star Rumble
  2. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
  3. Digimon World: Next Order
  4. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

5. Future Digimon Story

only one of the Games is a Fighting game while the rest is RPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Looked at the overall Leaderboard and wait what i only have 6 points?

The Leaderboard is highly outdated. Sadly, no one but @xZoneHunter can update it after the whole Hakoom incident. The Leaderboard needs a major revamp in general to get rid of the disbanded PPs/revise the ones that now have new threads.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jem said:

The Leaderboard is highly outdated. Sadly, no one but @xZoneHunter can update it after the whole Hakoom incident. The Leaderboard needs a major revamp in general to get rid of the disbanded PPs/revise the ones that now have new threads.

I thought we had to E-mail @xZoneHunter or whoever is the owner to update the Leaderboard.

44 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I thought we had to E-mail @xZoneHunter or whoever is the owner to update the Leaderboard.

When was this established?

Upon further speculation, I noticed that whoever messed with the Leaderboard last month deleted some of the tabs without anyone noticing, so that's probably why some people's scores are much lower than they should be.

5 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I don`t know, it was just a guess as I looked at the Leaderboard on Google Chrome while Logged in on my Google Account and saw ``Edit Access``

That's just a feature of Google Sheets. We can request access, but whether we'll actually get access is a different story.

I know I've said this in the past, but I feel like just revamping the Leaderboard myself to make things easier on everyone. Though it's hard to tell which PPs to even include. Sure, we can base it off of the list below:

On 8/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, xZoneHunter said:

With the leaderboard figured out, it's time to move on the next step. Which is quality control of the existing PP threads. I know i've expressed interest towards the idea of disbanding every currently existing PP thread, however since there's still interested in some of them i'm going for a different approach. If the creator still wants to continue their mixed bag thread we'll keep it, otherwise they'll be disbanded. ( = Thread will be closed/delisted, ranks will not count on the leaderboard anymore and games will be up for grabs again) However if you do want to keep going with your Mixed bag PP, i want you to see how well it has been doing since it has been up and ask yourself if it's worth having it up as a PP thread. Since a lot of these threads were not successful. 

So, if i mentioned you here - let me know whether or not you want to continue with your Mixed bag thread.

However from this point on, there will be no more new mixed bag threads. Legend: Disbanded/being kept/no reaction yet

Most of the series PP can stay if the creator wants to continue them. However, going forward i'd like to see each PP thread updated at least once a month. I know @LeetWolf2 already did a post on this, but i'm going to do it again since a few things have changed since then. If you want to continue with your PP thread(s), update yours and let me know. As well as fill in the PP tab in the leaderboard. (if you don't have a Tab in the spreadsheet, let me know) If you don't want to continue with your PP thread, let me know.

That's it for now... If i missed a PP thread, let me know :D 

The problem with that though is several people didn't even respond. Also, there are weird inconsistencies like the Challenge Accepted threads, which are in green yet say disbanded. This list also doesn't reflect the list on the opening post, which is claimed to be "updated."

It's been nearly four months since this list was made, so it's bound to be at least somewhat different. To make it absolutely clear which threads are still active, I propose that all active PP owners change the title of their threads from Project Platinum to Project Platinum Plus. If people are cooperative and do this by say New Year's, we'll have a revamped Leaderboard within the next month, and we will hopefully have no more major problems.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jem said:

The problem with that though is several people didn't even respond. Also, there are weird inconsistencies like the Challenge Accepted threads, which are in green yet say disbanded. This list also doesn't reflect the list on the opening post, which is claimed to be "updated."

@Hemiak first wanted to give it up until some folks voiced their opinion that they wanted it to stay.

The sheet works but i obviously can't make it public, so i'd have to go through the trouble of adding everyone emails again. So only those who manage PPs can access it.

30 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

@Hemiak first wanted to give it up until some folks voiced their opinion that they wanted it to stay.

The sheet works but i obviously can't make it public, so i'd have to go through the trouble of adding everyone emails again. So only those who manage PPs can access it.

Are there any other cases like this? It's pretty tough to keep a stable Leaderboard when it's unclear which threads are actually active.

We should just limit editing to a PP team comprised of a few dedicated individuals who take turns updating every week or so. There's no telling whether "Hakoom" was a PP owner or not (though it'd be pretty odd if he was).

13 minutes ago, jem said:

Are there any other cases like this? It's pretty tough to keep a stable Leaderboard when it's unclear which threads are actually active.

We should just limit editing to a PP team comprised of a few dedicated individuals who take turns updating every week or so. There's no telling whether "Hakoom" was a PP owner or not (though it'd be pretty odd if he was).

Well, we can give that a try. Are you willing to join with the updating?

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, srikir said:

Just curious, did you guys finish updating? I can help you guys out if you need it, but I can't do it regularly (once or twice a week max).

Parts of it have been updated already. I should've done mine weeks ago, but I got a bit sidetracked. I'll get it done today.

@xZoneHunter is the owner of the spreadsheet, so it's up to him whether you can help or not. I bet it'll be appreciated though.

• Like 1

So I started updating my section of the PP, and I got to the Uncharted tab. There are 30 plat ranks according to the spreadsheet, but the thread itself only has four. I sat there, stunned, for a bit and then thought to myself, "Why am I doing this?"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's no point in a leaderboard unless its PPs involved are actually active. That's why I spent the last few hours making this. This new spreadsheet only includes the Project Platinum Plus threads because those are the only ones right now that are 100% guaranteed active. It's okay if people prefer the old spreadsheet, but if people are interested in mine, here's how it's going to work:

To have a PP added to the spreadsheet, you can't just have a thread up. The owner has to specifically request that I add their PP to the leaderboard. I won't accept the request unless their PP is up-to-date obviously. I'll update it about once every two weeks, and every other update, I'll ask the PP owners if they want to stay on the leaderboard. If I don't hear a response within a week, their PP gets taken down until they're active again.

I didn't want to completely plagiarize the old leaderboard, so I'll slowly work on adding new sets of images as more PPs are hopefully added. I'm also experimenting on how to automate the whole thing, but for right now, I'm just filtering names out, which doesn't take terribly long.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I been wondering for a long time now, why is there a extra ``P``?

It was a movement I started a little over a month ago to indicate PPs that were definitely still active. I purposely made it an extra P so it sounded better.

6 hours ago, jem said:

It was a movement I started a little over a month ago to indicate PPs that were definitely still active. I purposely made it an extra P so it sounded better.

Then I add the ``Plus`` to my PPs later.

On 1/16/2018 at 0:51 AM, jem said:

So I started updating my section of the PP, and I got to the Uncharted tab. There are 30 plat ranks according to the spreadsheet, but the thread itself only has four. I sat there, stunned, for a bit and then thought to myself, "Why am I doing this?"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's no point in a leaderboard unless its PPs involved are actually active. That's why I spent the last few hours making this. This new spreadsheet only includes the Project Platinum Plus threads because those are the only ones right now that are 100% guaranteed active. It's okay if people prefer the old spreadsheet, but if people are interested in mine, here's how it's going to work:

To have a PP added to the spreadsheet, you can't just have a thread up. The owner has to specifically request that I add their PP to the leaderboard. I won't accept the request unless their PP is up-to-date obviously. I'll update it about once every two weeks, and every other update, I'll ask the PP owners if they want to stay on the leaderboard. If I don't hear a response within a week, their PP gets taken down until they're active again.

I didn't want to completely plagiarize the old leaderboard, so I'll slowly work on adding new sets of images as more PPs are hopefully added. I'm also experimenting on how to automate the whole thing, but for right now, I'm just filtering names out, which doesn't take terribly long.

Can you add my PPs to the new leaderboard? I made sure to have them all up to date.

Note: Theguytom and Avatar_of_Battle do not wish to be added to the leaderboards

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Can you add my PPs to the new leaderboard? I made sure to have them all up to date.

Note: Theguytom and Avatar_of_Battle do not wish to be added to the leaderboards

I'm going to do one big update this weekend. Let's see if anyone else wants their PP added in the meantime.

• Like 1

Since it won't be taking to long to get my 200 posts, I might as well ask it already.
I already made a suggestion about it, but I would like to have or to make an Artifex Mundi PP if that is possible. Artifex Mundi is a publisher, and not a franchise per se but all of their games play the same. Point & Clicks with Hidden Object Scenes and puzzles.

So far the following games are already on PSN:
- Nightmares from the Deep 1 & 2 (3rd coming February)
- Grim Legends 1 & 2 (3rd tba)
- Enigmatis 1 & 2 (3rd coming March)
- Eventide 1 & 2 (again, 3rd tba)

- Lost Grimoires 1 & 2 (3rd tba)
- Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
- Clockwork Tales
- Dark Arcana

That would make 13 games so far, with 4 more probably coming in the next one or two years. It would be a rather easy PP, since none of the plats are a challenge whatsoever but still, I think it would be a nice idea for the people who like AM games and want to have a way to keep up with upcoming games and their own progress in this.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 1

On 16-1-2018 at 0:51 AM, jem said:

Could you update the PP Ratchet & clank and Dragons too. I've kept those tabs sorted on ranks and alphabetic order and would like it to stay that way.

Edited by Dragon-Archon