Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

On 9/21/2018 at 7:22 AM, GarciaFever said:

@Leon Castle yes please.

Here you go

a54528bc23123e8a86031926a5a46f5415376146b71cc8504a83dad42b6a615942c5326115376148554f004cb10096af35e16b5c20bc3cea15376148

23 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I haven't heard anything about this game.

It's a town building Spin-Off of the series and one of the few games in the west with characters from the pre-Arland games that was never released outside of Japan.

Edited by Leon Castle

So quick question: who is the owner of the PP leaderboard Google doc these days?

I've tried asking for editing permissions on there a few times over the years (yes years ?) but have never been added. I did keep the learderboards of my PPs up to date for a while when it was open to everyone to edit, but after I brought attention to some vandalism, it was changed to only specific users.

25 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

So quick question: who is the owner of the PP leaderboard Google doc these days?

I've tried asking for editing permissions on there a few times over the years (yes years ?) but have never been added. I did keep the leaderboards of my PPs up to date for a while when it was open to everyone to edit, but after I brought attention to some vandalism, it was changed to only specific users.

@xZoneHunter owns that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dell9300 said:

Cool, thanks. And we are still meant to be updating it right? (I'm not sure)

The leaderboard situation is weird. There were talks of someone making a new one that was more automated but it never happened. I think that one got locked because of vandalism (can't think of a better word), and the 2.0 leaderboard ran out of space.

The leaderboard is what kept people super interested in PP, but maintenance of the leaderboard was kind of a hassle.

4 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

The leaderboard situation is weird. There were talks of someone making a new one that was more automated but it never happened. I think that one got locked because of vandalism (can't think of a better word), and the 2.0 leaderboard ran out of space.

The leaderboard is what kept people super interested in PP, but maintenance of the leaderboard was kind of a hassle.

Yeah I remember that. Just like you said, it's a weird situation now of do I or don't I...  Ah who knows! Thanks anyway though :)

Hello! The user who manages the Far Cry Project Platinum has not been active in the thread since May. You can probably consider the thread abandoned. Can anything be done about that, or will I have to wait for them to eventually add and update everyone? (If they are still interested in managing the thread)

Their name is Whyfire

Other threads that are dead:

Zombies

Star Wars

Edited by Lostknight179
Added the user's name; Added more dead threads

Could someone make three emblems for me? I need them as bonus emblems for Secret of Mana, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT and Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV (VR)

Hide contents

Secret of Mana (Maybe just the head from the main character?)

secret-of-mana-696x432.jpg

Dissidia FF (This one?)

Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT-Logo.jpg

Monster of the Deep (Something like this?)

71T1UyAkgwL._AC_SX215_.jpg

The one doing them can choose different images if they find better ones. Thanks :)

Edited by Kurorac

On 10/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, Kurorac said:

Could someone make three emblems for me? I need them as bonus emblems for Secret of Mana, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT and Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV (VR)

Hide contents

Secret of Mana (Maybe just the head from the main character?)

secret-of-mana-696x432.jpg

Dissidia FF (This one?)

Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT-Logo.jpg

Monster of the Deep (Something like this?)

71T1UyAkgwL._AC_SX215_.jpg

The one doing them can choose different images if they find better ones. Thanks :)

Here you go 8f0450f5dee7bfb58cc23fbdeebc061115385931392c84377377606275e23a29ffe08c40153859318e25b5ade9f4721bbe53de2807b2782d15385931

• Like 1

Hello, I have an idea for a PP but I don't think it would work in accordance to these rules. For about 6 years now I've been working on completing a "PlayStation All-Stars" trophy set, which includes getting a platinum or completed trophy set from all characters' franchises (or even all the minion/stage exclusive franchises too) included in the game PlayStation All-Stars.

All of these are franchises with playable characters in the game and would serve as the main goal:

1. God of War
  2. PaRappa the Rapper
  3. Fat Princess
  4. Twisted Metal
  5. Killzone
  6. Sly Cooper
  7. Uncharted
  8. Infamous
  9. Ratchet & Clank
  10. Jak and Daxter
  11. Bioshock
  12. Devil May Cry
  13. Tekken
  14. Heavenly Sword (No trophies)
  15. Metal Gear
  16. LittleBigPlanet
  17. MediEvil (No trophies yet)
  18. Ape Escape
  19. Toro/Together Everywhere
  20. Gravity Rush
  21. Starhawk(/Warhawk?)
  22. Dead Space
  23. and of course, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Some bonus goals would include:

1. Resistance (Chimera minion + stage hazard)
  2. Hot Shots Golf (Jasmine + Suzuki minion + stage hazard)
  3. Patapon (Stage hazard)
  4. Wipeout (Stage hazard)
  5. LocoRoco (Stage hazard)
  6. Buzz (Stage hazard)
  7. Unfinished Swan (Stage hazard)

Unlikely to make it into any goals but these are included in the game too:

1. Warhawk (Eucadian Soldier minion)
  2. Modnation (Tag minion)
  3. Carnival Island (Panda + Koala minion)
  4. Escape Plan (Bakuki + Lil minion)

(Minions are basically irrelevant content in the game and most of these minions are DLC. The minions only show up when you get a double or triple kill and they do a little dance on the screen)

I'm not really sure if this could work as a PP thread as I already mentioned, but my idea was to make the ranks based upon how many franchises you've gotten a platinum trophy from, not the total amount of platinums from the massive amount of games that would be represented here. For example 1 platinum from any of these franchises will get you into the hidden trophy rank. 3 platinums would be bronze, 5 would be silver, 12 would be gold, and all 21 would be platinum (Since MediEvil and Heavenly Sword don't have any trophies the max has to be 21). Each of the bonus goals would have an emblem associated with the franchise.

What do you all think? I believe this could make for a very fun and interesting challenge, even if it needs to be tweaked a bit. ?

Edited by Empovyle

10 hours ago, Empovyle said:

Hello, I have an idea for a PP but I don't think it would work in accordance to these rules. For about 6 years now I've been working on completing a "PlayStation All-Stars" trophy set, which includes getting a platinum or completed trophy set from all characters' franchises (or even all the minion/stage exclusive franchises too) included in the game PlayStation All-Stars.

All of these are franchises with playable characters in the game and would serve as the main goal:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. God of War
  2. PaRappa the Rapper
  3. Fat Princess
  4. Twisted Metal
  5. Killzone
  6. Sly Cooper
  7. Uncharted
  8. Infamous
  9. Ratchet & Clank
  10. Jak and Daxter
  11. Bioshock
  12. Devil May Cry
  13. Tekken
  14. Heavenly Sword (No trophies)
  15. Metal Gear
  16. LittleBigPlanet
  17. MediEvil (No trophies yet)
  18. Ape Escape
  19. Toro/Together Everywhere
  20. Gravity Rush
  21. Starhawk(/Warhawk?)
  22. Dead Space
  23. and of course, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Some bonus goals would include:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Resistance (Chimera minion + stage hazard)
  2. Hot Shots Golf (Jasmine + Suzuki minion + stage hazard)
  3. Patapon (Stage hazard)
  4. Wipeout (Stage hazard)
  5. LocoRoco (Stage hazard)
  6. Buzz (Stage hazard)
  7. Unfinished Swan (Stage hazard)

Unlikely to make it into any goals but these are included in the game too:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Warhawk (Eucadian Soldier minion)
  2. Modnation (Tag minion)
  3. Carnival Island (Panda + Koala minion)
  4. Escape Plan (Bakuki + Lil minion)

(Minions are basically irrelevant content in the game and most of these minions are DLC. The minions only show up when you get a double or triple kill and they do a little dance on the screen)

I'm not really sure if this could work as a PP thread as I already mentioned, but my idea was to make the ranks based upon how many franchises you've gotten a platinum trophy from, not the total amount of platinums from the massive amount of games that would be represented here. For example 1 platinum from any of these franchises will get you into the hidden trophy rank. 3 platinums would be bronze, 5 would be silver, 12 would be gold, and all 21 would be platinum (Since MediEvil and Heavenly Sword don't have any trophies the max has to be 21). Each of the bonus goals would have an emblem associated with the franchise.

What do you all think? I believe this could make for a very fun and interesting challenge, even if it needs to be tweaked a bit. 1f642.png

For some reason the spoiler tags don't expand to reveal the content.

2 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Oops, I just went in and removed them. Sorry about that.

Now I can see the content. I don't think that would be possible as mixed bag PPs aren't allowed anymore :hmm: . In addition to that, some series on that list already have a PP, so those would have to be bonus games that don't count towards the rank.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so brief explanation as none of you really know me and will probably wonder where this comes from, I get bored while listening to recorded lectures for school sometimes and look at random crap while listening. The last few days I have been perusing the Project Platinum threads trying to figure them out. I have been around here for a while, but not gotten into the forums really until recently, and the whole PP thing seemed like a neat idea. It seems like they aren't all kept up to date or so active anymore though, and at least part of the problem was the leaderboard situation. (For clarification: I haven't read this entire thread, but have looked over the last few pages and also both versions of leaderboards that I found.) In my distracted state, I was thinking that this is definitely something I could do, or at least help out with. I use Excel almost every day anyway and if I'm working on a list of some sort I can get engrossed with it forever sometimes.

The last couple nights while listening to lectures (3 hours is a long time), I've given it a shot. (Disclaimer time! I have used Excel a ton, but this is the first time I've ever done anything in Google Sheets other than just view. So, partly this just gave me a perfect excuse to play around with it :lol:) Anyway, here's what I've come up with so far Clicky! Mine is much different from the previous ones as pretty much the entire thing is on one sheet. I believe it shows all of the relevant info though, and seems easier this way to me anyway. There was maybe a reason that they were set up the way they were with different tabs for everything and I just missed it by not reading through this entire thread. I just tried to make it as simple as possible, with no graphics or complicated functions so that it would not get bogged down (I think I saw that was a problem with one of the others).

Obviously, this isn't complete either and nothing is set in stone. I just picked a few PPs that seemed to have recent activity and had recently updated OPs as well. Figured I'd played enough with random things, so I should find out whether I should continue working on it or not. I also want to make clear that I have no intentions of stepping on anyone's toes. If someone else is in charge of one that is being worked on then, I'm sorry and I'll move right along. But, the ones I looked at didn't seem like they'd been updated any time recently. Also, I understand if y'all are wary just because I don't have many posts yet, but I would be willing to share it with someone if that would make everyone feel better about it. Or if no one is interested, once again, I can just move along ;) Anyway, any thoughts just let me know.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Ok, so brief explanation as none of you really know me and will probably wonder where this comes from, I get bored while listening to recorded lectures for school sometimes and look at random crap while listening. The last few days I have been perusing the Project Platinum threads trying to figure them out. I have been around here for a while, but not gotten into the forums really until recently, and the whole PP thing seemed like a neat idea. It seems like they aren't all kept up to date or so active anymore though, and at least part of the problem was the leaderboard situation. (For clarification: I haven't read this entire thread, but have looked over the last few pages and also both versions of leaderboards that I found.) In my distracted state, I was thinking that this is definitely something I could do, or at least help out with. I use Excel almost every day anyway and if I'm working on a list of some sort I can get engrossed with it forever sometimes.

The last couple nights while listening to lectures (3 hours is a long time), I've given it a shot. (Disclaimer time! I have used Excel a ton, but this is the first time I've ever done anything in Google Sheets other than just view. So, partly this just gave me a perfect excuse to play around with it :lol:) Anyway, here's what I've come up with so far Clicky! Mine is much different from the previous ones as pretty much the entire thing is on one sheet. I believe it shows all of the relevant info though, and seems easier this way to me anyway. There was maybe a reason that they were set up the way they were with different tabs for everything and I just missed it by not reading through this entire thread. I just tried to make it as simple as possible, with no graphics or complicated functions so that it would not get bogged down (I think I saw that was a problem with one of the others).

Obviously, this isn't complete either and nothing is set in stone. I just picked a few PPs that seemed to have recent activity and had recently updated OPs as well. Figured I'd played enough with random things, so I should find out whether I should continue working on it or not. I also want to make clear that I have no intentions of stepping on anyone's toes. If someone else is in charge of one that is being worked on then, I'm sorry and I'll move right along. But, the ones I looked at didn't seem like they'd been updated any time recently. Also, I understand if y'all are wary just because I don't have many posts yet, but I would be willing to share it with someone if that would make everyone feel better about it. Or if no one is interested, once again, I can just move along ;) Anyway, any thoughts just let me know.

I personally really like this new sheet. Thanks for taking the time to make it - I personally would be up for using this.
It solves our issue of a sheet that got too big and too slow since this version really just needs to sum and has no graphics. It should continue to function well even if we add all the PPs and all the members. I also like the dates at the top that say "last updated".

We could run into a few additional problems:

1) The last time, updates started falling behind. As a PP admin, I agree that this part is the "least fun," but I think we can keep the sheet open to everyone and individual members can update themselves if needed. We did have one instance of "vandalism" the last time we had an open sheet, but I do think the benefits of having an open sheet outweigh the cons.

2) Setting this up is going to take a while. The previous sheet is out of date (I am personally locked out of it for example) but hopefully all the admins are willing to put in their own PPs at the start to get this going.  

Anyway, my two cents. 
TL:DR I like this new sheet. I would be happy to use it to get PP going again.

6 hours ago, sundrew said:

I personally really like this new sheet. Thanks for taking the time to make it - I personally would be up for using this.
It solves our issue of a sheet that got too big and too slow since this version really just needs to sum and has no graphics. It should continue to function well even if we add all the PPs and all the members. I also like the dates at the top that say "last updated".

We could run into a few additional problems:

1) The last time, updates started falling behind. As a PP admin, I agree that this part is the "least fun," but I think we can keep the sheet open to everyone and individual members can update themselves if needed. We did have one instance of "vandalism" the last time we had an open sheet, but I do think the benefits of having an open sheet outweigh the cons.

2) Setting this up is going to take a while. The previous sheet is out of date (I am personally locked out of it for example) but hopefully all the admins are willing to put in their own PPs at the start to get this going.  

It was no problem, I enjoy this sort of thing really and am glad to hear someone thinks it may be useful :D To address your points:

1) I did see something about this while skimming the thread and was trying to come up with a solution. I had an idea of having most of the document editable by specific admins and then adding another tab that would be public for comments. (That tab is actually there right now, just hidden until I figured it out.) But I am not familiar with the Sheets sharing stuff so I figured I could look into that later if needed to see if it is possible, but it should be. That way most of it would be safe from "vandalism," but if a user spotted an issue, they could make a note and then an admin could make corrections if needed. (We had a system similar to this in an office I worked at for some documents, and it worked great.)

2) I agree it would take some time to get it up and running, but it doesn't seem like there would be a ton of changes to make on a regular-ish basis once it is. (Not too many new people to add or changes in rank, like monthly or whatever.) And because the leaderboards I looked at seemed quite out of date, I didn't use any info from them. I just started from scratch copying from the individual threads.

Edited by Dinkus83
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

You're welcome to try, but the PP "hype" has died out quite a bit. My last sheet works pretty simple so if you would want to use that all you have to do is ask. Sharing it so only pp creators can fill stuff in is quite easy. Getting them to fill it in is a different story :P Aside from a few threads, most of the PP threads have died/been closed.

Seeing how a few people still want to revive this event is quite nice. Personally, i've spend a lot of time on PP in general and even though it definitely wasn't the lasting success i had hoped back in 2015, i'm still quite happy so many people participated. It was quite the ride.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 3

Well, I only own one pp thread (artifex mundi) - and only participate in two or three in total, I think - but I wouldn't mind keeping my pp in the sheet up to date. It's just a handful of clicks more in comparison to the pp thread itself. I wouldn't know how the general leader board works though as I didn't care for overall pp scores at all tbh.

I also like the new sheet in its design. It's simple but you can see all relevant information so that it doesn't feel overwhelmed.

9 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Well, I only own one pp thread (artifex mundi) - and only participate in two or three in total, I think - but I wouldn't mind keeping my pp in the sheet up to date. It's just a handful of clicks more in comparison to the pp thread itself. I wouldn't know how the general leader board works though as I didn't care for overall pp scores at all tbh.

I also like the new sheet in its design. It's simple but you can see all relevant information so that it doesn't feel overwhelmed.

Exactly this, I would be willing to keep my PP (Final Fantasy) up-to-date.

Once a month would be sufficient I think.

13 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

It was no problem, I enjoy this sort of thing really and am glad to hear someone thinks it may be useful :D To address your points:

1) I did see something about this while skimming the thread and was trying to come up with a solution. I had an idea of having most of the document editable by specific admins and then adding another tab that would be public for comments. (That tab is actually there right now, just hidden until I figured it out.) But I am not familiar with the Sheets sharing stuff so I figured I could look into that later if needed to see if it is possible, but it should be. That way most of it would be safe from "vandalism," but if a user spotted an issue, they could make a note and then an admin could make corrections if needed. (We had a system similar to this in an office I worked at for some documents, and it worked great.)

2) I agree it would take some time to get it up and running, but it doesn't seem like there would be a ton of changes to make on a regular-ish basis once it is. (Not too many new people to add or changes in rank, like monthly or whatever.) And because the leaderboards I looked at seemed quite out of date, I didn't use any info from them. I just started from scratch copying from the individual threads.

I really like your solution in #1. Didn’t even know something like that was possible but hat would effectively solve the problem.

13 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

You're welcome to try, but the PP "hype" has died out quite a bit. My last sheet works pretty simple so if you would want to use that all you have to do is ask. Sharing it so only pp creators can fill stuff in is quite easy. Getting them to fill it in is a different story :P Aside from a few threads, most of the PP threads have died/been closed.

Seeing how a few people still want to revive this event is quite nice. Personally, i've spend a lot of time on PP in general and even though it definitely wasn't the lasting success i had hoped back in 2015, i'm still quite happy so many people participated. It was quite the ride.

Thanks for starting this whole thing Zone. I and many others I’m sure have had a lot of fun with it. Even if a lot of the individual forum threads have died down, I wonder if we can keep an updated leaderboard as long as everyone keeps track of their own points and submits them.

I’m proposing centralizing the process. We can put an additional spreadsheet in the leaderboard that outlines all the rank requirements for each PP. We can update that central spreadsheet when 1) requirements are changed in an up to date PP thread and 2) when new games are released and we have to change the requirements for a not updated PP thread. Then individual users can tell us when they rank up for inactive threads (rank downs would be relatively rare for inactive PP threads I think). Not sure if this would be feasible and may put more work on a few admins but I feel like it would solve the issue of having too many PP thread owners across too many threads. Would love to hear if anyone else has other solutions to make PP more of a viable long term thing.