xZoneHunter

Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

4,385 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kurorac said:

You can open it if you want. Be sure to check the Masterlist because it's possible that a few games are already taken by other PPs when the original was abandoned. And please write a short notice in the Masterlist thread as soon as you've opened it so that I can add it to the list :)

Will do that, thanks. Who do I ask for the pics? All of them are gone, I don't have a backup & I'm not an artist, so I can't do it myself.

 

edit: Pics are back now, maybe the host was down. Do I need to create new ones or use the ones from the previous MH PP?

Edited by viech54
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, viech54 said:

Will do that, thanks. Who do I ask for the pics? All of them are gone, I don't have a backup & I'm not an artist, so I can't do it myself.

 

edit: Pics are back now, maybe the host was down. Do I need to create new ones or use the ones from the previous MH PP?

 

I would say ask the previous owner but since Satoshi isn't here anymore I would just use them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think having the Monster hunting thread back would be great! Especially with a new God Eater coming out and MH:W being so popular.

 

Also, whenever I get to enough posts that I qualify to host one, I'd really like to do a Need for Speed PP :D I love those games (even though I'm terrible at finishing things, so I only have 1 plat), and there's not really another racing thread so I think it would be a good addition as well.

 

One last thing. There are still a few threads that are on the spreadsheet in red, which means they haven't been updated in more than a year. (And this time I did check to make sure they hadn't been closed yet ;)) These are the ones: Arc Sys Fighters, Harry Potter, Idol, LittleBigPlanet, Rally, Yuri, & Zombies. I don't know any mods, so not sure who to ask about closing them or if someone is supposed to be taking them over. Just wanted to give a heads up since I actually had time to look over everything really well tonight.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Also, whenever I get to enough posts that I qualify to host one, I'd really like to do a Need for Speed PP :D I love those games (even though I'm terrible at finishing things, so I only have 1 plat), and there's not really another racing thread so I think it would be a good addition as well.

 

One last thing. There are still a few threads that are on the spreadsheet in red, which means they haven't been updated in more than a year. (And this time I did check to make sure they hadn't been closed yet ;)) These are the ones: Arc Sys Fighters, Harry Potter, Idol, LittleBigPlanet, Rally, Yuri, & Zombies. I don't know any mods, so not sure who to ask about closing them or if someone is supposed to be taking them over. Just wanted to give a heads up since I actually had time to look over everything really well tonight.

 

I don't know if we're still doing the number of posts as a requierment. I would say just open the PP, but maybe someone else can say more about that.

 

 

About the PPs you mentioned:

 

I seem to have forgotten to send a PM to @Neku-tan (Arc Sys, Idol, Yuri) but I will do it in a minute.

@HcG Clawz (Harry Potter, Rally, Zombies) said he will close his threads once he's at home.

@Atago said he will keep his thread (LittleBigPlanet) and will update it as soon as possible.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, Kurorac said:

I seem to have lost track, but is the leaderboard up-to-date? @Dinkus83 If so, I will add a link to the Masterlist because the link will get lost here.

And do we have to update our PPs in the leaderboard?

 

 

Final Fantasy is getting bigger and bigger with all the spin-offs and games so I'm thinking of changing it a bit. I'm not sure how, but I think there are to many special emblems.

Maybe I can make every numbered game a requirement for the platinum rank and the spin-offs a requirement for super plat rank?

Does someone have a better idea?

I want to follow-up on this one: should we be updating our PPs in the leaderboard? I've had some new people join my PPs but I dont think I have permission to edit the leaderboard. Maybe this is best done through PMs since we decided to keep the sheet locked to only PP admins. 

 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Dinkus83 said:

Oops. When I was updating it last night, I was just clicking through the links on the leaderboard and didn't notice that they'd been closed already. I'll try to get the closed ones noted & removed from leaderboard today.

 

I thought about that as well, for the same reason. So, I'd say yeah if this thread isn't going to be updated anymore then its probably time for a new one. And @Kittet3 is probably right about the length that this one has gotten to, as well ;) A sub-forum may help it look a bit cleaner, if that's a possibility. Otherwise, the closed threads should drop to the back pages after a bit. 

Completely agree that we need a "PP is relaunched" forum post now that we have everything put together with a link to all the PPs + the leaderboard. 


Separately, I'd also like to revive the Despair PP now that Satoshi is no longer around. I'll get to it sometime in the next few weeks. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I don't know if we're still doing the number of posts as a requierment. I would say just open the PP, but maybe someone else can say more about that.

 

About the PPs you mentioned:

 

I seem to have forgotten to send a PM to @Neku-tan (Arc Sys, Idol, Yuri) but I will do it in a minute.

@HcG Clawz (Harry Potter, Rally, Zombies) said he will close his threads once he's at home.

@Atago said he will keep his thread (LittleBigPlanet) and will update it as soon as possible.

 

I realize that the post requirement is there for a good reason, though, to help ensure people will stick around to maintain them. I don't really want to bypass that. I'll get there soon; just wanted to go ahead and call dibs on it ;) And, big thanks for all of your work on helping to get the PP threads updated or closed!

 

 

4 hours ago, sundrew said:

I want to follow-up on this one: should we be updating our PPs in the leaderboard? I've had some new people join my PPs but I dont think I have permission to edit the leaderboard. Maybe this is best done through PMs since we decided to keep the sheet locked to only PP admins. 

 

I haven't yet had anyone ask for permissions to edit, though I'd be happy to add any PP admins who'd like to be able to update their own. As of now I've just been checking for updates once a week myself. And I don't mind; it doesn't take long to click through them and see if any have been changed within the past week. So, they should be all correct as of last night. But, if anyone does want the ability to edit their own PPs, just send me a PM. I think all I need is your email address to add you in the permissions.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The God of War PP is closed to replies, but they came out with a new game and it's not updated. So who fixes that? New to PP

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CornChipWallace said:

The God of War PP is closed to replies, but they came out with a new game and it's not updated. So who fixes that? New to PP

 

There is a current God of War PP.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, Dinkus83 said:

 

I realize that the post requirement is there for a good reason, though, to help ensure people will stick around to maintain them. I don't really want to bypass that. I'll get there soon; just wanted to go ahead and call dibs on it ;) And, big thanks for all of your work on helping to get the PP threads updated or closed!

 

 

I haven't yet had anyone ask for permissions to edit, though I'd be happy to add any PP admins who'd like to be able to update their own. As of now I've just been checking for updates once a week myself. And I don't mind; it doesn't take long to click through them and see if any have been changed within the past week. So, they should be all correct as of last night. But, if anyone does want the ability to edit their own PPs, just send me a PM. I think all I need is your email address to add you in the permissions.

 

Ah ok, I think it's too much of a burden on one person to keep the entire leaderboard up to date. A big point of this PP revival is to make sure it's sustainable, so I'd like to help you out by updating my portions of the leaderboard. Hopefully some of the other PP admins can help shoulder the load too. I'll shoot you a PM with my email.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I haven't visited this thread in a long time. I have a question: What happened to the Baka Hentai PP? I see that it was closed without any notice. Is Shana still around, or did that person no longer waned to be in charge of it?

Edited by GarciaFever
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Hello. I haven't visited this thread in a long time. I have a question: What happened to the Baka Hentai PP? I see that it was closed without any notice. Is Shana still around, or did that person no longer waned to be in charge of it?

 

Shana didn't answer to any tag or PN from us for the last two months, so a mod closed the thread.

 

These threads were closed by a mod due to inactivity or no answer from the owners:

Sniper

Aircraft

Baka Hentai

Star Wars

Wasteland

Capcom Fighters

Monster Hunting

Desperate

J-Gems

Trails

Dengeki

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the new PPs I been planning besides the Remade Science Adventure PP

 

Senran Kagura PP (since Baka Hentai is closed)

Dengeki Bunko Remade PP (the old one is closed and I won't use Shana's Pics due to below)

SAO & Accel World CGPP

 

They come one per month.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Here's the new PPs I been planning besides the Remade Science Adventure PP

 

Senran Kagura PP (since Baka Hentai is closed)

Dengeki Bunko Remade PP (the old one is closed and I won't use Shana's Pics due to below)

SAO & Accel World CGPP

 

They come one per month.

 

It's funny because I was also thinking of making a Senran Kagura PP. But if you're going to make one, then that saves me from doing all the work lol. Let me know when it's up and ready so that I can join it :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, GarciaFever said:

 

It's funny because I was also thinking of making a Senran Kagura PP. But if you're going to make one, then that saves me from doing all the work lol. Let me know when it's up and ready so that I can join it :)

it's up Project Platinum: Senran Kagura

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question, Who does the help with PP Banners? All I'm good at is emblems so it would be great if someone can pick up the helping with PP Banners,

This is the Idea I have for the Senran Kagura PP Banner which I got while looking in the Senran Kagura Wiki for pics for the emblems.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180404000535

Replace the Grand Rubber Duck with the Grand :platinum: and this logo

Senran_Kagura_logo.jpg and Project Platinum at the same place as the :platinum:

like this Senran   Kagura

                       :platinum:

              Project   Platinum

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be willing to remake the Trails one, but honestly I'd rather see it combined with Ys and Tokyo Xanadu and just make a Falcom RPGs one and have the Japanese only titles be bonuses rather than it being an import PP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd be willing to remake the Trails one, but honestly I'd rather see it combined with Ys and Tokyo Xanadu and just make a Falcom RPGs one and have the Japanese only titles be bonuses rather than it being an import PP.

It be nice to see a Falcom RPG PP, so go for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

It be nice to see a Falcom RPG PP, so go for it.

 

Well, I know @Dragon-Archon had interest in creating an Ys one, but there aren't really enough games yet and it still leaves out Tokyo Xanadu (which is basically Ys game play in the CS1/CS2 engine), but with a Trails one already existing a separate Ys one made sense.  Trails also has the issue that while there are nine games on PSN with trophies, five of those are unlikely to ever see localizations and we're still waiting on the CS3 and CS4 localizations, so platinum is still only doable for importers.

 

So I'd definitely want to hear from Dragon-Archon first.  I'd definitely be okay with the Ys games separating out once more games are on PSN with trophies, but for now I think a general Falcom PP would be better until both series have enough games in English with trophies to stand alone and have a doable platinum rank for English only players.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

 

Well, I know @Dragon-Archon had interest in creating an Ys one, but there aren't really enough games yet and it still leaves out Tokyo Xanadu (which is basically Ys game play in the CS1/CS2 engine), but with a Trails one already existing a separate Ys one made sense.  Trails also has the issue that while there are nine games on PSN with trophies, five of those are unlikely to ever see localizations and we're still waiting on the CS3 and CS4 localizations, so platinum is still only doable for importers.

 

So I'd definitely want to hear from Dragon-Archon first.  I'd definitely be okay with the Ys games separating out once more games are on PSN with trophies, but for now I think a general Falcom PP would be better until both series have enough games in English with trophies to stand alone and have a doable platinum rank for English only players.

I was planning to create an PP Ys once Ys IX was released, but if you want to do a PP Falcom, I'm ok with that. It would be a shame if the PP Trails of wasn't revived. My only condition is that Dana from Ys VIII becomes an emblem :awesome: (bonus emblem is fine too).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

was planning to create an PP Ys once Ys IX was released, but if you want to do a PP Falcom, I'm ok with that. It would be a shame if the PP Trails of wasn't revived. My only condition is that Dana from Ys VIII becomes an emblem :awesome: (bonus emblem is fine too).

 

Dana can totally be an emblem.  My initial thought would be either for a bonus for completing every Ys game in English or both stacks of Ys VIII.  It probably would be good to do this like the Despair one where there's a bonus for completing all games in one series since there are two involved. 

 

Overall, I'm thinking of the platinum rank being completing every game in English.  So all three Ys games, CS1, CS2 and Tokyo Xanadu for now and later localizations being added.  Then one bonus for all Ys games, one for each Trails arc, one for the whole Trails series and some for doing the multiple stacks of Ys Origin, Lacrimosa of Dana and Tokyo Xanadu.  Maybe even a bonus for the folks who got a Japanese plat of a game that got localized..

 

I'll get some emblems made up and decide on names for the ranks I'll be adding and try and get it posted soon then.  I agree, it would be a shame for Trails to stay closed and it's a shame as well for Ys and Tokyo Xanadu to not be involved in any PP.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

 

Dana can totally be an emblem.  My initial thought would be either for a bonus for completing every Ys game in English or both stacks of Ys VIII.  It probably would be good to do this like the Despair one where there's a bonus for completing all games in one series since there are two involved. 

 

Overall, I'm thinking of the platinum rank being completing every game in English.  So all three Ys games, CS1, CS2 and Tokyo Xanadu for now and later localizations being added.  Then one bonus for all Ys games, one for each Trails arc, one for the whole Trails series and some for doing the multiple stacks of Ys Origin, Lacrimosa of Dana and Tokyo Xanadu.  Maybe even a bonus for the folks who got a Japanese plat of a game that got localized..

 

I'll get some emblems made up and decide on names for the ranks I'll be adding and try and get it posted soon then.  I agree, it would be a shame for Trails to stay closed and it's a shame as well for Ys and Tokyo Xanadu to not be involved in any PP.

Awesome :D , you've got yourself a deal.

 

With the amount of characters in Trails and Ys (and probably Tokyo Xanadu too) I think it would be best to have bonus emblems for each series and multiple stacks, maybe multiple ones so that people can choose their favourite character.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Metroidvania PP ranks have finally been completely updated. Some people dropped in rank as they did not meet the new requirements.

 

Additionally, LEGO Movie 2: The Videogame has been added to the LEGO PP.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@ladynadiad We also need a Kemco PP.  There are lot of titles already available with more on the way.

 

I know, I keep finding more that I somehow missed and am totally grumbling about how the PSN Store doesn't let you search by dev or publisher like the Steam store does.  Found three more yesterday randomly browsing the store. 

 

I'd need help with a banner for that one though.  I definitely am terrible at banners and that's what is holding me up on the Falcom one because I keep disliking my results.  I'd also have to make sure I actually have a current list for now even if I don't personally own them all yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.