Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

On 6/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, Leon Castle said:

Well if you honor the retired @Dragon-Archon for making the banner and emblems*, I don't think it will be a problem. But you might want to make a new post on the old R&C with a link to the new R&C before you ask a mod to close the old R&C.

You can turn it into a Dragon Age PP(with a 4th game coming and PPs with only 3/4 games can be made) but then you will need both a new banner and emblems.

*If you want to learn how to make emblems then here's a tutorial that @Wavergray made back then I asked the then not retired dragon to make new emblems for me.

If it does not come out right like it did with me then.

For banners I have no idea how to make one either but I use a "Temp" banner at times(Just write Project Platinum in light blue and then name of series and use a picture from the said series or instead of writing the name, use a logo of the series.

Fair enough on the path to re-starting up the R&C PP. Should I carry over the prior entrants or start fresh? 

I will have to think about the Dragon PP. I think its cool that it is not just huge RPGs, but I may need to research how to alter/update it.

As for the instructions: So awesome. Thank you so much for facilitating this @Wavergray and @Leon Castle

Sat down to mess with this a little bit. I think I got badges down. Just messing around as a proof of concept:

GQYqPro.jpg

2PnUgph.jpg

I will dip my toes in banner making over the weekend. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:01 AM, Wavergray said:

Back in the day I used https://www.canva.com/
Those with more skill can use GIMP or Photoshop.

2d34af1e3359439aa9ae8fbd3fe10bab16247992

Came out fine I think still would like to remove the "White" background of Naruto logo so the name could get a bit bigger.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:44 AM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Fair enough on the path to re-starting up the R&C PP. Should I carry over the prior entrants or start fresh? 

Start fresh so the ones that still want to be part of that PP can sign up with all R&C they done since Dragon's abandoned of his PPs

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

No chance to dip into banners this weekend between rl and No More Heroes. 

I did think a bit about what to do with the Dragons PP.  My initial thoughts are to make it a Dragons RPG PP. Most of the original games on the list are RPGs of some sort, the ones I would think to add are also RPGs. Pretty much just Spyro games don't fit.

This led me to a much bigger idea: Old School Playstation Mascot Platformer Hub PP. The hub would encompass Jak and Daxter, Spyro and Sly, as these do not yet have 5 distinct platinums per individual series. With gates/separate PPs for Ratchet, which I will be restarting, and Crash, which would need a new PP.

So my next step would be to re-do the Dragon PP and concentrate it as more of a Dragon RPG PP.  So the existing list of games is as follows:

Cat Quest (EU/NA or JP)

Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age II

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS3 or PS4)

Dragon's Crown

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3 or PS4)

Dragon Fantasy Book

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Drakengard 3 / DRAG-ON DRAGOON 3

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Shining Resonance Refrain

Skyrim (PS3, PS4 or VR)

Spyro 1 

Spyro 2

Spyro 3

I was thinking of removing the 3 Spyro games, due to them not being RPGs and to add them into a separate PP in the near future. 

Then add:

Cat Quest II

Dragon Sinker

Dragon Lapis

Maybe Dragon Quest XI, but Hunters and Builders would not mix. Any other suggestions?

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
Fleshed out response.
  • Like 1

Now all of my PPs that did not have or any Banners, now has one. Next would be to make sure all emblems I have made is in same size as most PPs's emblems before making new ones.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

So my next step would be to re-do the Dragon PP and concentrate it as more of a Dragon RPG PP.  So the existing list of games is as follows:

Cat Quest (EU/NA or JP)

Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age II

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS3 or PS4)

Dragon's Crown

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3 or PS4)

Dragon Fantasy Book

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Drakengard 3 / DRAG-ON DRAGOON 3

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Shining Resonance Refrain

Skyrim (PS3, PS4 or VR)

Spyro 1 

Spyro 2

Spyro 3

I was thinking of removing the 3 Spyro games, due to them not being RPGs and to add them into a separate PP in the near future. 

Then add:

Cat Quest II

Dragon Sinker

Dragon Lapis

Maybe Dragon Quest XI, but Hunters and Builders would not mix. Any other suggestions?

Don't know what happened to @Kevvik but they or someone else was going to make a Dragon Quest PP. Those RPGs has Dragons as enemies or/and bosses right?. Btw Is Drakengard 3 allowed to be in the Dragon PP? Nier and Nier: Automata is spin-offs to Drakengard series but those don't have dragons compared to the main series and Shining Resonance Refrain has a Fighting game spin-off (With characters from other games in the Shining series plus some from Shining Resonance Refrain)

Mixed bag PP Rule 3: If you use a franchise you'll have to use the whole franchise and every game has to meet the condition of your Mixed PP Thread. (So, no plucking single games from other franchises to include them in yours)

I might be mistaken since Dragon had that game in his PP since the start and spin-offs don't matter or only then it has the same name?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 0:44 PM, Leon Castle said:

Don't know what happened to @Kevvik but they or someone else was going to make a Dragon Quest PP. Those RPGs has Dragons as enemies or/and bosses right?. Btw Is Drakengard 3 allowed to be in the Dragon PP? Nier and Nier: Automata is spin-offs to Drakengard series but those don't have dragons compared to the main series and Shining Resonance Refrain has a Fighting game spin-off (With characters from other games in the Shining series plus some from Shining Resonance Refrain)

Thanks for the heads up.  They are part of the original Dragon PP.

I would remove these 2 from the list due to the conflict with the general PP rules. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, Leon Castle said:

Well if you honor the retired @Dragon-Archon for making the banner and emblems*, I don't think it will be a problem. But you might want to make a new post on the old R&C with a link to the new R&C before you ask a mod to close the old R&C.

You can turn it into a Dragon Age PP(with a 4th game coming and PPs with only 3/4 games can be made) but then you will need both a new banner and emblems.

*If you want to learn how to make emblems then here's a tutorial that @Wavergray made back then I asked the then not retired dragon to make new emblems for me.

If it does not come out right like it did with me then.

For banners I have no idea how to make one either but I use a "Temp" banner at times(Just write Project Platinum in light blue and then name of series and use a picture from the said series or instead of writing the name, use a logo of the series.

PP's can be made for 4 series games? I was racking my brain trying to come up with a Space themed PP so I could do a Mass Effect PP.

11 hours ago, Maddawgmax said:

PP's can be made for 4 series games? I was racking my brain trying to come up with a Space themed PP so I could do a Mass Effect PP.

Yes and for those series you know that has a upcoming 5th game too, at least that rule was updated in one of the old posts or somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Yes and for those series you know that has a upcoming 5th game too, at least that rule was updated in one of the old posts or somewhere else.

Interesting. Trying to decide if I'm interested in just ME or a Space themed one with like Destiny, No Man's Sky, etc

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Question: Is there a rule that you can't join or make a PP if your or someone else's PSN Profile's Trophy list is set on private? Then I see someone with private settings in my PPs, I remove them from the PP even if it's @Dragon-Archon

I would assume the PP runners have to have a way to verify their trophies.

3 minutes ago, Maddawgmax said:

I would assume the PP runners have to have a way to verify their trophies.

There's someone that wants to run a PP but don't want to include themselves in the ranks and happen to have their PSN Profile's Trophy list set on private.

41 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

There's someone that wants to run a PP but don't want to include themselves in the ranks and happen to have their PSN Profile's Trophy list set on private.

Oh I guess if they're not going to be in the ranks it doesn't matter as long as they're running the PP fairly right?

4 hours ago, Maddawgmax said:

Oh I guess if they're not going to be in the ranks it doesn't matter as long as they're running the PP fairly right?

True, still need to wait until they have 200 posts before seeing how they run a PP.

5 minutes ago, MissShake said:

I know I said this almost a year ago, but I'm willing to take over the Sonic PP if no one wants to take it. I think someone needs to since this is the 30 year anniversary and all~

I'll take it. It had already been on my mind for a while ?. Just been trying to get info on this topic in order to make it, since things seem kind of unclear.

Edited by EcoShifter

edit: Am looking to host the Sonic PPT. ?

29 minutes ago, MissShake said:

What do you mean by this?

There seems to be a process one has to go through before making a PP. 

Edited by EcoShifter

17 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

There seems to be a process one has to go through before making a PP. 

Not really. I mean, you have to figure out how the ranks work and all, but all you really have to do to get the okay to start one is ask here if anyone objects to you making one.

Does anyone mind if I work on a Space project platinum idea? Was thinking it could incorporate Star Wars and trek as well. It would be a minute before I could even officially request it, but I can work on ideas and game lists in the meantime.

48 minutes ago, Maddawgmax said:

Does anyone mind if I work on a Space project platinum idea? Was thinking it could incorporate Star Wars and trek as well. It would be a minute before I could even officially request it, but I can work on ideas and game lists in the meantime.

That seems like it'd be really big if you added Star Wars too. I'd maybe leave that out so someone could make a PP dedicated to just SW

41 minutes ago, MissShake said:

That seems like it'd be really big if you added Star Wars too. I'd maybe leave that out so someone could make a PP dedicated to just SW

That's understandable. I wouldn't mind doing just Star Wars as well but I will move forward with a Space themed one sans Star Wars.

Just now, Maddawgmax said:

That's understandable. I wouldn't mind doing just Star Wars as well but I will move forward with a Space themed one sans Star Wars.

That's ofc just a suggestion tho, I should've been clearer. SW being as huge as it is could overwhelm the PP itself, so that's why I suggested it. Maybe you could have bonus ranks for SW in the Space one?

27 minutes ago, MissShake said:

That's ofc just a suggestion tho, I should've been clearer. SW being as huge as it is could overwhelm the PP itself, so that's why I suggested it. Maybe you could have bonus ranks for SW in the Space one?

That's what I'm thinking. Bonus for star wara , Star trek.

Some of the list I'm looking at so far: Mass effect, doom (also has enough games for its own PP), destiny, no mans sky, alien: isolation. I want to try and get a list of every space game and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got my list together of games for this Space PP. is it just me or do the majority of the projects seem dead lately?

what’s the forums rules on trying to advertise your Project platinum in the games forums maybe to try and get some more people involved in joining these?