Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I suggested that Cielle should include it in the FF one because they have the FF characters in them.

Yeah, I don't know if I should. It does have FF characters yes and it is pretty much like an FF game all on its own (and its own game).. but wouldn't I be taking the right to someone's PP idea?

I mean if people are ok with me adding KH to the mix, I'm fine with that but I'm not gonna do it if people aren't ok with it.

Edited by Cielle

Yeah, I don't know if I should. It does have FF characters yes and it is pretty much like an FF game all on its own (and its own game).. but wouldn't I be taking the right to someone's PP idea?

I mean if people are ok with me adding KH to the mix, I'm fine with that but I'm not gonna do it if people aren't ok with it.

Adding it to the final mix you mean :P

• Like 1

This looks really awesome. I doubt I'll ever be able to get a full list, mostly because there are always 1 or 2 games in a series that I just can't get done. Like for FF, my favorite series of all time, there are still a few I never could get done. Like FFIII. Never could finish it. Also FFXI and XIV, because I don't like the idea of paying a monthly subscription. I've never been a huge MMO fan either. So yeah, even FF I wouldn't be able to complete. But I'll gladly join, cause there has to be someone in the lower ranks, or the upper tier members don't feel as special right?? I'd try to make one of these myself, except I'm not sure I'd do very well with the reward tiles and getting banners made and all that. Oh well, I still have over 50 posts before I even become eligible!

Edited by Styx2319

This looks really awesome. I doubt I'll ever be able to get a full list, mostly because there are always 1 or 2 games in a series that I just can't get done. Like for FF, my favorite series of all time, there are still a few I never could get done. Like FFIII. Never could finish it. Also FFXI and XIV, because I don't like the idea of paying a monthly subscription. I've never been a huge MMO fan either. So yeah, even FF I wouldn't be able to complete. But I'll gladly join, cause there has to be someone in the lower ranks, or the upper tier members don't feel as special right?? I'd try to make one of these myself, except I'm not sure I'd do very well with the reward tiles and getting banners made and all that. Oh well, I still have over 50 posts before I even become eligible!

I'm including the games that have trophies, you don't have to pay for the 360 game or anything lol. But playing the old school games are nice and they do have steam achievements. :P

The thread will keep being updated because we have more FF games coming out next year. And yeah, you don't have to be top tier or anything, I appreciate just anyone participating and getting the games done they love or know they can get done. MMOs aren't for everyone and you're not forced to play it. ^_^

Edited by Cielle

I'm including the games that have trophies, you don't have to pay for the 360 game or anything lol. But playing the old school games are nice and they do have steam achievements. :P

The thread will keep being updated because we have more FF games coming out next year.

Oh, I never planned on buying anything outside of the trophy games for one of these. I was only making a point that even in my favorite series, there are some games that I didn't even make it through, which means I'm unlikely to ever complete the platinum tier of the PP. But I'll get all I can!

Also...for the first time ever...I've run out of likes for the day! This calls for a celebration!!! Likes for everyo- Oh...oh wait...

• Like 1

Oh, I never planned on buying anything outside of the trophy games for one of these. I was only making a point that even in my favorite series, there are some games that I didn't even make it through, which means I'm unlikely to ever complete the platinum tier of the PP. But I'll get all I can!

Also...for the first time ever...I've run out of likes for the day! This calls for a celebration!!! Likes for everyo- Oh...oh wait...

I've run out a lot too, don't worry. Get all you can and just enjoy your games. cx

I wanted to suggest a Kingdom Hearts one too, but there's only 4 plats. Until 2.8 comes out at least.

I will be the first on that - I have 1.5 and 2.5 Remix and have made headway in each of them(except KH2, which only has one trophy on it).

Anyone wanna know why 358/2 Days and re:Coded were not remade as games? Because their gameplay was so dramatically different(358/2 Days was just mission based gameplay and re:Coded had so many genres of games in them - Olympus Coliseum was RPG combat) that Squeenix decided not to overtax their programmers.

Disgaea in itself has not that many games with plats - we're lucky D2 exists or the Disgaea Platinum Project would be no-go since the first two games in the series were remade before PS3 came out so they didn't get PS3 remakes so only the PS3 and PSVita versions of 3 and 4 would have plats. :(

It's also a shame that FF gets so many plats(X in all of its remasters, XIII and its love child sequels, etc.); Dragon Quest should have been plat'd but sadly the only Dragon Quest game with trophies is the upcoming Dynasty Warrior abomination. I am going to write out a fake trophy list for the never-coming Dragon Quest collection that Squeenix NEEDS to program to pull in more fans from the Enix side. :devil:

EDIT: On second thought... I'd like to propse an idea for a Disgaea PP thread. I'm typing the format out on Wordpad and have created a suitable banner already, but I don't understand what you mean by "you must have 200 posts."

Edited by Maphantom238
  • Like 1

How about a Masochist Project Platinum: Disgaea Series? There's 3 individual games, two remakes with separate trophy lists and the upcoming Disgaea 5 coming out this month, that should make the count 6 games aside from the multiple region lists.

I feel like this would encourage more people to get back on those games. I volunteer to do it, if this idea is approved.

EDIT: actually, after searching the topic, i think Blue Flare deserves to be the director of that idea more :P So consider this as a backup for that idea.

Edited by YaoiGod

Okay, guess I'll officially say this and let you know that I will create the Tales of Project Platinum.

Awesome added! To make things a bit clear, you're now 4th in queue. So depending on how things go, i will Pm you about the thread next weekish. It also gives you some time to think over some categories, prepare a banner, custom trophy images etc.

EDIT: On second thought... I'd like to propse an idea for a Disgaea PP thread. I'm typing the format out on Wordpad and have created a suitable banner already, but I don't understand what you mean by "you must have 200 posts."

The reason i added a 200 post requirement is to prevent users from signing up to create PP thread and after a month of maintaining it, leave PSNP to never be seen again. I think once you reach a certain amount of posts i can have some insurance you won't leave the site any time soon.

*snip*

You can always partner up with Blue Flare and make the thread together  :highfive:

I see a lot of ideas flying around in these thread which are all great. But please if you really want to create your own PP thread, mention it within your post. Because now it's a bit confusing for me to make out whether or not someone actually wants to create one or is just throwing ideas in the thread.

A small note on the leaderboard. This will go active once Xionx gets his trophies ready. Then i will compile a list of every PP participant and calculate scores from all currently active threads. I'm not sure how exactly i'm going to format the leaderboard but you can expect to have some kind of PP trophy cabinet ^^

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Awesome added! To make things a bit clear, you're now 4th in queue. So depending on how things go, i will Pm you about the thread next weekish. It also gives you some time to think over some categories, prepare a banner, custom trophy images etc.

Alright, cool. I'll start preparing everything later today, and a week should be enough time for me to get everything ready.

• Like 2

Wait a minute... Atlus as a developer or Atlus as a publisher?

You can't mix publisher Atlus (DS, DGH) into developer Atlus because otherwise you would have to include many, many, many other games =D

And you forgot P4AU, P4D xD

I was really just throwing a bunch of the better known games into the mix. :P

I would def vote against the same game on diff consoles. Even something like TLOU and TLOU Re are basically the same game with slightly different lists. If it's a true remake of a game(FF7 port vs FF7 remake), then I'd vote yes, but that's just my preference.

Edit: I think Dr M should take over the R&C one and D-A should start a Dragon PP. (Dragons Age x3, Dogma, Crown, Fantasy 2) Yes I'm purposefully leaving out the Dragon ball games.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1