ソードアート・オンライン Hollow Realization coming west on 8th November

There's nothing wrong with the figure.

I think it's really well made.

I simply don't like Asuna, that's all =D

Or better said, SAO Asuna =D

:o you don't like SAO Asuna  :o

Jokes aside, i (personally) believe that the SAO variant of every character is the best in the series. But everyone has his own opinion, so it is what it is.

There's nothing wrong with the figure.

I think it's really well made.

I simply don't like Asuna, that's all =D

Or better said, SAO Asuna =D

^

Same.

But I think I will buy the LE anyway since I am a fan (obviously the US or JAP version, EU version is too poor).

Anyway I have a question: will we able to play with other characters? I mean, did you play Hollow Fragment? Kirito was the only playable character, all other characters were only "support characters", so you couldn't control them, they could only follow the player and were controlled by CPU. Is it the same in Hollow Realization? Or it will be like Lost Song where you can control whoever you like?

Anyway I have a question: will we able to play with other characters? I mean, did you play Hollow Fragment? Kirito was the only playable character, all other characters were only "support characters", so you couldn't control them, they could only follow the player and were controlled by CPU. Is it the same in Hollow Realization? Or it will be like Lost Song where you can control whoever you like?

Most likely HF-like. 

HR is looking more like HF than LS.

• 1 month later...

Do I need to play Hollow Fragment and Lost Song before Hollow Realization? Would watching anime (I've seen first season) be enough? 

I know it's probably not really story-heavy game but I'd prefer to know what's going on ;)

I suggest watching the second season as well. Also, there are some characters that were made exclusively for the game, so I would play them if I were you. It's not mandatory, but still it would help. Plus, they are SAO games :awesome:

Do I need to play Hollow Fragment and Lost Song before Hollow Realization? Would watching anime (I've seen first season) be enough? 

I know it's probably not really story-heavy game but I'd prefer to know what's going on ;)

Actually, the story of the games and the official story (anime, light novel) takes a different route, even though there are a lot of similarities of course. So I'd advice you to watch the anime and play the games. You won't regret it, it's all really recommandable. :D

Actually, the story of the games and the official story (anime, light novel) takes a different route, even though there are a lot of similarities of course. So I'd advice you to watch the anime and play the games. You won't regret it, it's all really recommandable. :D

So it's just few characters that come back from previous games? Or the story is continued? If it's just character stuff then I won't bother to play HF and LS :P

So it's just few characters that come back from previous games? Or the story is continued? If it's just character stuff then I won't bother to play HF and LS :P

The games (HF and LS) are in continuity in terms of backstory and HR will certainly continue with it. As you know from season one of the anime, the "backstory" is the real life while the "main story" happens in the virtual games they play. So in HF and LS the backstory is altered, for example Asuna is never trapped inside Alfheim Online, and the new characters are incorperated. In season two of the anime Kirito/ Kirigaya starts playing a new virtual game which I won't name to not spoiler you, and in the backstory of the HF-LS-HR games this will be different, meaning everything takes another path. It's all a bit complicated to explain, but I hope you get what I mean. :P

All in all: The "backstory", how I called it, only takes a very small portion of the games and you certainly can play HR without HF and LS, it's just that it's cooler to play everything in order. :P

Pre-SAO Aincrad? Isn't a rather a Aincrad-Remake, so the story plays after LS?

Yea, timeline-wise.

Maybe I phrased that wrongly.

Pre-SAO Aincrad meant Aincrad before it became 100 floor tower =D

Yea, I see the wrong phrasing xDDD

So, once again, after SAO story, Aincrad reconstruction. No more 100 floors, only one.

After getting the plat for the Vita version of Hollow Fragment and having the glitches take effect for me I am a tad behind, I started Re: Hollow Fragment but stopped very early on.
I somehow need to finish Re: Hollow Fragment and Lost Song before this game comes out but with Trails of Cold Steel II almost here and I have the aim to plat both NA and EU versions again I can not see myself playing Hollow Realization for some time.

I can add that I played the demo of Hollow Realization at a anime convention on the weekend, The graphics were nice, the battle style was smooth it felt like a boosted Hollow Fragment version.
I did not get to see a lot of the story but more focused on the battles and landscape, I was rather impressed with the demo and look forward to playing Hollow Realization when i get around to it.

Edited by fisty123