ソードアート・オンライン Hollow Realization coming west on 8th November

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse my noobness, but does this game have any multiplayer aspects?

The trailers confused me as it seemed like there are multiple parties taking down a boss, but official site states the game is for 1 player. I've never played any SAO games.

You can go to multiplayer (on PS4) but you don't need to.

And if you haven't played SAO games, you should do it. HR expects you to know characters from previous games :)

Excuse my noobness, but does this game have any multiplayer aspects?

The trailers confused me as it seemed like there are multiple parties taking down a boss, but official site states the game is for 1 player. I've never played any SAO games.

I've not played the game yet, but the back of the box mentions there being up to 4 players online. I believe that was the case with the previous two games as well. I'm pretty sure you can play from start to finish in singleplayer and be just fine though.

EDIT: Aaaaand Satoshi beat me to it. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

You can go to multiplayer (on PS4) but you don't need to.

And if you haven't played SAO games, you should do it. HR expects you to know characters from previous games :)

Ah, alright. I guess I'll skip SAO games then if I won't understand the plot/system without playing the previous entries in the series. Not ready to commit to that with my backlog.

I've not played the game yet, but the back of the box mentions there being up to 4 players online. I believe that was the case with the previous two games as well. I'm pretty sure you can play from start to finish in singleplayer and be just fine though.

EDIT: Aaaaand Satoshi beat me to it. :P

Strange that the official site doesn't mention the online multiplayer at all. I'm fine with no multiplayer and actually prefer a single player experience unless it's local co-op or something.

Thanks for the info, both of you!

If you don't play on Vita, yes :/

Check this thread if you haven't already. I pretty much summed everything there.

Well crap... I just read your post and I'm very disappointed to say the least. I mean if you of all people are saying to get the PS4 version over the Vita version, then it must be really bad. :P

Unfortunately it comes a little too late as I've already purchased the game on Vita, and I recently bought Lost Song on there too. I mean at this point I'm pretty much committed to playing the series on Vita. :| I don't really like switching between platforms. I'd rather have all of the games on one or the other.

Stuff like this just deters me from playing the series as a whole. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I might consider not buying that then. There are also some other things about the game that really annoy me.

• Romance system is very confusing. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing, or how to change the mood
  • Tutorials are poor and only explain basic stuff. There are quite some things missing
  • Would be nice if I could form my party right from the menu instead of running around town every time
  • Is there no way to level up faster? I need to defeat a level 22 boss, and my current level is 11 >__>

1 minute ago, SummerRealm said:

Would be nice if I could form my party right from the menu instead of running around town every time

You can :D Friends -> L/L1 and your party is created =D

2 minutes ago, SummerRealm said:

Is there no way to level up faster? I need to defeat a level 22 boss, and my current level is 11 >__>

Go to multiplayer, first area, on Nightmare and keep killing boars.