Spam messages

navep9

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you recieved a spam?

• Yes
    • No

This topic is just a notice I've made about spam messages. Like most of you know, spam messages basically say they are from someone like "Kevin Butler" who is telling you to send messages saying PSN is free to around 35 people then you will get free PSN money. Like I said, this is notice. Feel free to reply and YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! :devil:

I receive them from random people not even on my list. I think you can file a grief report on the message if they claim to be a Sony representitive (that would be impersonating a Sony rep and it's against the ToS and listed as one of the options to file a grief report). I know it's also against ToS to send spam messages but I don't know if that's a listed option under the grief report.

OMG!!! Yes I have and I hate it. It has not been so bad this year, but last year was HORRIBLE. I was told that if I wanted to keep PSN a free service I had to send x amount of messages to x amount of friends. I got other offering free PSN games, free money, free COD map packs, etc. It was so ridiculous. I don't even get the point of it to begin with.

Luckily I've only ever had one person from my friends list send me spam, but I think he was a child because he added me after I destroyed his team on CoD (and I'm not that good at CoD.) Every other time I've received spam it's just been from random people.

Parker

Yes. They're so irritating. If I get them from a random, i grief report them. If i get them from friends, i politely reply that it's fake and ask them to ignore them if they get anymore, and not to send them MY way. I go on a 3 strike rule. If the same friend keeps sending them regardless of my polite replies, i'll delete them after the 3rd spam.

When I get them from randoms I sent a grief report for impersonation SCE Moderator/SCE Official.

But I'm not sure if they always are from the person that sent it to you. I once got it from someone I know and she said she never sent it to me. I believe her, she is too smart to believe the "sent this to many people and get free money" trick.

I don't know but I think your not always getting them from the people the message says it is from.

I have gotten spam asking for my saves when I have finished a game fast enough for top 50 or being one of the first to 100% it. It's annoying since I guess somebody else does fall to temptation (they offer platinums or doing a game for you) and eventually lend them the save; I got one of those messages for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, now that top 50 is full of people that went from 0 Tests done to 10 in less than a minute... for reference all Tests have between 3 to 5 fights that take, adding loading and playing time, at least 1 and a half minutes each. :(