Speedrun questions

I exactly searched for something like this! BIG THANKS TO YOU SIR! :)

You don't have to do the glitches to gain the trophy, it can be done under the specific time without any glitches, like it's suppose to be played.

There are many controversial opinions and already many discussions about this, I don't think that I need to add anything about this (don't understand it wrong) 

I will play it enough times through for fun, obviously on the legit way until I'll try the speedrun trophy. When you think about speedruns, you always have to consider that they include glitches, youtube vids are the proof. 

Edited by KiLLER--HZ--7
  • Like 1

There are many controversial opinions and already many discussions about this, I don't think that I need to add anything about this (don't understand it wrong) 

I will play it enough times through for fun, obviously on the legit way until I'll try the speedrun trophy. When you think about speedruns, you always have to consider that they include glitches, youtube vids are the proof. 

Oh, I didn't mean it like that, people can do whatever they want, but your question sounded like you thought you had to use glitches to be able to do the speedruns in time.

Oh, I didn't mean it like that, people can do whatever they want, but your question sounded like you thought you had to use glitches to be able to do the speedruns in time.

Oh, ok, I understand, you're right, that could be since I didn't mentioned that here, but this would be very ridiculous for such a easy trophy like this. I just wanted to save time. 

So, two trophies have different terms:

The Fat and the Furious
Complete a Continuous Speed Run as Doughnut Drake

Need for Speed
Achieve a Complete Speed Run Time of Less than 2 Hours and 30 minutes

Do I understand it right, than continuous means in one go, while the complete time can be improved with replaying certain chapters after having played one continous playthrough?

So, two trophies have different terms:

The Fat and the Furious

Complete a Continuous Speed Run as Doughnut Drake

Need for Speed

Achieve a Complete Speed Run Time of Less than 2 Hours and 30 minutes

Do I understand it right, than continuous means in one go, while the complete time can be improved with replaying certain chapters after having played one continous playthrough?

Yes, that's right, but you can do them both at the same time, I just got them with a time of 2 hours 23 minutes, and I messed up, otherwise I could have around 2 hours 10~15 minutes, there's enough room for error (didn't use any glitches or anything like that)

Edited by HardXDXtraga

Tested using glitches for my first run and didn't get any trophy, either with droughnut drake and speedrun my time where 1.31

Tested again today using glitches but not skipping chapthers and got the trophy

As long as you don't skip any chapthers you should be good to go

Here is the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/oj9999vr_/profile

It should be the fastest method as long as you don't fail alot  :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, Princejeffy said:

Out of curiosity are we allowed to pause the game or does that still count as time?

I don't exactly know if pausing uses time, but I'm pretty sure you can restart checkpoint or quit to menu and load up again and whatever time you wasted backtracks to your last save. So if you need to pause for a bit, make it to a checkpoint and pause from there

Edited by Riszcky
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Princejeffy said:

Out of curiosity are we allowed to pause the game or does that still count as time?

You can pause the game since the timer stops when you pause the game or when you're in a skippable cutscene. Also if you quit to the main menu and resume the game you'll be back at the last checkpoint with the timer reset to the time when you passed the checkpoint. So if you die then quit to main and resume so the timer goes down.

• Like 1

Last week I played up to Chapter 9 using the skin for the Fat and Furious Trophy, today I played again from that Chapter but I couldn't activate the skin until a bit later on the Chapter, when Drake was again on foot (The Chapter begins with Drake on a boat). I hope this won't screw things up :/

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

It blue screen twice and corrupted the speed run data so I will just get the plat and move on. Not gonna condemn myself to further agony to play basically another whole speed run (for a 3rd time) just to get to then end and blue screen once more. (that was my initial fear of the speed run) BUT anyone going for it good luck

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Last week I played up to Chapter 9 using the skin for the Fat and Furious Trophy, today I played again from that Chapter but I couldn't activate the skin until a bit later on the Chapter, when Drake was again on foot (The Chapter begins with Drake on a boat). I hope this won't screw things up :/

Did the same thing this morning. I was beyond upset, but then I encountered bluescreens as well and just said to hell with it

• Like 1