Gallery Requirements

starcrunch061

I was initially following the guide on .org, but it's horribly inaccurate. I'm currently writing my own guide, but I wonder if anyone actually knows the unlock requirements for the gallery? In particular, are the Netherworld Adventures required for any of them? I don't remember seeing any pics unlock when I beat levels, but I haven't beaten them all yet. 

I do know that beating Story mode, all of Arcade Mode, and getting the hidden images of each character in Arcade Mode (by beating it without continuing, and fighting through the character-specific missions) is nowhere NEAR enough to unlock everything. Any help would be appreciated...

Which images are you missing? The guide on .org should be good enough at least for the gallery.

I've done all that, but am missing a LOT of images. I have all of the character images, but I am missing the last two "boss" images, and about 7 of the "other illustrations". I can tell you the precise ones a little later, if you can help.

Netherworld Adventures isn't required for any gallery images.

Did you get the ones from clearing Arcade mode while wearing each character's alternate costume?  That would account for seven of them.

As for the boss ones, did you clear the Extra Mission (the other final boss that shows up when you run out of time before progressing far enough in Arcade Mode)?

Edited by Dalez1658

Netherworld Adventures isn't required for any gallery images.

Did you get the ones from clearing Arcade mode while wearing each character's alternate costume?  That would account for seven of them.

As for the boss ones, did you clear the Extra Mission (the other final boss that shows up when you run out of time before progressing far enough in Arcade Mode)?

Yep. I did all that (with trophies to prove it). The game defaults to the alternate costumes, and they seem to unlock bonus illustrations, anyway.

Okay I can confirm that all of the boss images at least are gathered from story mode.

That is very weird. I actually did story mode in one playthrough, first beating the Blackbird (Crow?) boss, and then beating the true boss.

• 3 weeks later...

Try doing story mode again. Story mode also does unlock quite a bit of the images in the "Other" category.

Ah, thanks for your posts man, they were really helpful. Currently, I am "stuck" per say on the Oni (Demon) Course. Besides Nowa's courses, they are the only thing preventing me from getting the  :platinum:  Besides getting the Gallery filled of course. It's a fun game and my first shump, but gosh damn is "Demon From A Foreign Land" hard. This may actually prevent me from getting the platinum now, unfortunately. I'll be lucky to even beat it. :/

Edited by x410xDragon

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure how to go about getting the last images I need. I'm only missing 5 from the "Other" category. I've done everything that was listed on the .Org guide and I even went through story mode again making sure not to skip any cutscenes and didn't get any new images doods

On the first page of "Other" I'm missing the last 3 from the top row and the 1st one on the middle. row. On the last page of "Other" I'm missing the 4th one on the top row. If anyone could possibly shed some light on how I can get those it would be greatly appreciated doods

Not too sure how to go about getting the last images I need. I'm only missing 5 from the "Other" category. I've done everything that was listed on the .Org guide and I even went through story mode again making sure not to skip any cutscenes and didn't get any new images doods

On the first page of "Other" I'm missing the last 3 from the top row and the 1st one on the middle. row. On the last page of "Other" I'm missing the 4th one on the top row. If anyone could possibly shed some light on how I can get those it would be greatly appreciated doods

Those either come from Story Mode or through Arcade, if I am not mistaken.

The three you are missing are from the first page / top row comes from: Entrance to the Netherworld, Home of the Cherry Blossoms, and the Southern Temple boards.  

The one you are missing from the first page / 1st one on the middle row comes from: Aerial Garden

The one you are missing from the second page on the far right (last one, first row): is given once you complete all the courses in Netherworld Adventures.

If you have any more troubles, let me know. :)

Those either come from Story Mode or through Arcade, if I am not mistaken.

The three you are missing are from the first page / top row comes from: Entrance to the Netherworld, Home of the Cherry Blossoms, and the Southern Temple boards.  

The one you are missing from the first page / 1st one on the middle row comes from: Aerial Garden

The one you are missing from the second page on the far right (last one, first row): is given once you complete all the courses in Netherworld Adventures.

If you have any more troubles, let me know. :)

I actually got it when I beat Final Boss B (the boss you fight when you run out of time) on Arcade Mode. Not sure why I didn't get the images when I did it the first time but oh well at least that is done, thanks though dood.

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I m trying to figure out what requirement is for getting 8th picture in each character gallery, I already have everything in "Other" only missing those.

Did you clear arcade with each character w/o dying?

• Like 1

I did all characters without using continue but without losing single life only with 1 char. You mean its needed? also I dont know how but I have the snowy pic for all chars except Fululu, I forgot how I got this pic for the rest of chars. Its the 3rd one. I never really paid attention when I got which pic from gallery >_<

Edited by Saionji

8 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I did all characters without using continue but without losing single life only with 1 char. You mean its needed? also I dont know how but I have the snowy pic for all chars except Fululu, I forgot how I got this pic for the rest of chars. Its the 3rd one.

Oh I see you did that. It's probably the tutorial select in arcade mode then :P

I' trying to remember where you have to use Fululu for that

Edited by Hertz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Oh I see you did that. It's probably the tutorial select in arcade mode then :P

Nope, it cant be. I always selected tutorial then skip it to faster start arcade runs for each char :D clearing prologue every time isnt neccesary.

3 minutes ago, Saionji said:

Nope, it cant be. I always selected tutorial then skip it to faster start arcade runs for each char :D clearing prologue every time isnt neccesary.

I know you have to clear it with one life for sure iirc. Also you have to clear story mode, run it again but this time fail on some stages.

• Like 1

I got my missing gallery pictures so I might share how I did it if someone is missing 8th pic in each char gallery except Fululu where this pic unlocks as 3rd.

For some reason they didnt unlocked during my 1 credit runs so I did the following:

Cleared each char arcade mode with true ending, no continues and beating their specific stages along with powered up boss missions of that specific stage. They unlocked after the credits rolled. Also I did it on 1 star difficulty.

I hope this helps

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 23-4-2017 at 2:51 PM, Saionji said:

I got my missing gallery pictures so I might share how I did it if someone is missing 8th pic in each char gallery except Fululu where this pic unlocks as 3rd.

For some reason they didnt unlocked during my 1 credit runs so I did the following:

Cleared each char arcade mode with true ending, no continues and beating their specific stages along with powered up boss missions of that specific stage. They unlocked after the credits rolled. Also I did it on 1 star difficulty.

I hope this helps

Thanks a ton for this post dude! I was missing exactly the ones you described in your post. It seems that beating the powered up boss for each characters specific stage unlocks all of the 8th pictures in the gallery (except for Fululu which is the 3rd, but you already mentioned that :P).

The information on .org is a bit off I think. When I cleared Arcade just regulary (didn't kill the power up bosses) with each characters wearing their other costume, I didn't get the gallery picture. So I'm not sure if you need to beat the powered up bosses for each specific character with their other costume for the picture to unlock. Maybe it also unlocks with the regular one. But in my case I just equipped the other costume and killed the power up boss. So just to be sure use the other costume. Just like Reimi mentioned the pictures will only unlock after the credits. Not after beating the specific powered up boss.

Edited by Floriiss
  • Like 1