Pro skater 5 charts at 11th in the UK chart!

FlareXV

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-05-tony-hawks-pro-skater-5-fails-to-make-impression-in-uk-chart

Quote from the source:

"Avoid-worthy Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 has debuted in 11th place within the UK all-formats chart.Numbers company Chart-Track does not count digital sales, but these are likely minimal due to the game's high download price and universally poor reviews.THPS5 costs £39.99 for a physical copy, or £49.99 as an Xbox One or PSN digital download.FIFA 16 remained at the top of the chart, ahead of new entry Lego Dimensions in second place.The launch of Lego's own toys-to-life title scored bigger sales than either of this year's rivals: Disney Infinity 3.0 and Skylanders Superchargers."

Now a bit of Drake for y'all: Pray that Skate lives for ever man and that Pro Skater gets exposed. 

How ass backwards is it that the retail costs less than the digital?  I realize that it'll never happen (because money), but wasn't the assumption back in the day always that digital would be the cheaper option due to the lack of overhead and manufacturing costs?

EDIT: Maybe it's a UK thing?  Or a typo.  The game is $60 retail over here in the colonies.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

How ass backwards is it that the retail costs less than the digital?  I realize that it'll never happen (because money), but wasn't the assumption back in the day always that digital would be the cheaper option due to the lack of overhead and manufacturing costs?

I'm starting to think MS and Sony let these developers and publishers set the prices now for anything, Rogue Legacy cost £11.99 X1 and that came out nearly 1 year after the PS/Steam versions. 

I'm starting to think MS and Sony let these developers and publishers set the prices now for anything, Rogue Legacy cost £11.99 X1 and that came out nearly 1 year after the PS/Steam versions. 

Since they took the effort of porting it over to the console they deserve to put it at that price. No need to compete with Steam/PC.

• Like 1

Since they took the effort of porting it over to the console they deserve to put it at that price. No need to compete with Steam/PC.

Even Atlus didn't do that with Shin Megami Tensei IV being delayed in Europe for 1 year and 5 months. There's no reason for it and Cellar Door Games are at fault here. 

Yes, it was priced at £40 at first, but after the delays Atlus made it £20, the only drawback was it being digital only. 

That is good of them.....I don't think most developers would do that. Especially when 3DS isn't region free......they could have charged release price. 

• Like 1