Far Cry Primal officially revealed with trailer

ShadowStar83x

I remember seeing physical copies at GameStop but I may or may not be wrong. Whenever I'm in GameStop I never seem to have a chance to just look around at my leisure.

You may be right. I've just never seen one so I was curious. Either way, Primal appears to be a full price game at $60 so I think it is safe to say it's the next full installment in the series.

I remember seeing physical copies at GameStop but I may or may not be wrong. Whenever I'm in GameStop I never seem to have a chance to just look around at my leisure.

You might be thinking of the Far Cry Compilation, which had FC2, FC3, and Blood Dragon.

Anyway, here's a picture of the box art. Snazzy!

916jbNnLn0L._SL1500_.jpg

Can't wait for this game now, I'm still waiting for dinosaurs to show up...but the dinosaurs were already extinct by then...I think this might be a stand alone Far Cry cause wasn't Blood Dragon called Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? I could be wrong.

Yeah just checked my trophy list and Blood Dragon was labeled as Far Cry 3

So I feel like this is a new full campaign Far Cry

I assume we'll see first gameplay at Paris Game Week.

The most interesting thing about this game (to me) is that they'd just announce it without any fanfare and release it a couple months later. I thought Farcry was one of Ubi's major franchises.

the game sounds very intriguing but Far Cry is a major Ubisoft franchise and 3 and 4 came during the fall why is this game coming in Feb 2016? ( I know it doesnt matter but still)

Ubisoft has the habit of announcing games 1-2 years before release this gets announced 4 months before release and also the game will miss major shows like E3 , Gamescom to get the spotlight so either Ubisoft is very confident with Far Cry or there is something wrong (a guess). 

I assume we'll see first gameplay at Paris Game Week.

The most interesting thing about this game (to me) is that they'd just announce it without any fanfare and release it a couple months later. I thought Farcry was one of Ubi's major franchises.

Maybe they're learning from the likes of Bethesda, and how they announced Fallout 4. No years of hype, just a quick "here's the basics, more info to follow, it's out in 5 months, get hype.

I prefer this style of announcement personally. It prevents hype fatigue, and the feeling that you're being played by a marketing department. 

Maybe they're learning from the likes of Bethesda, and how they announced Fallout 4. No years of hype, just a quick "here's the basics, more info to follow, it's out in 5 months, get hype.

I prefer this style of announcement personally. It prevents hype fatigue, and the feeling that you're being played by a marketing department. 

Yeah, me too. It's happening quite often these days that I'm hyped at a game's announcement but don't care much anymore when it's coming out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...